1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to mention they arbitrarily shipped out other people's full sets already. If they haven't received all the stock, don't pick and choose who you process and who you don't. Wait to receive all of it, then process them together on the same day like you said you were going to do on the 28th.

I personally messed up by paying them in full months in advance. In the past, they'd ship out my order as soon as they received stock. That was my own damn fault for assuming that mine would go out since I had already paid. Whatever. But the people that they just charged on the 28th, but didn't ship their order to them? That's not right. Don't charge until you have the stock to back it up. They never did this before until recently.

That won't work. What if they have, say, 1000 customers pay in full, months in advance and then, they only receive a shipment of 500 units on a certain date, and the next shipment may be delayed by customs (or some other reason that SS can't control) by a few days, or weeks, or longer...should they hold up those 500 units that they have on hand indefinitely just because if EVERYONE can't get theirs, then NO ONE can get theirs? No way, as they get them, they should just ship them out ASAP to fulfill their paid in full preorders, no reason to hold everyone's up.

Now, that is an entirely different matter than shipping people's units out in a random order from when they were completely paid up. I agree that to do that isn't "fair". People who paid in full sooner (by flex or all at once) shouldn't have their product shipped out after people who finished paying in full later.

What are your thoughts on whether the full set with armory, bruce, alfred, and batman will be available through sideshow in roughly 2 months from now . ? . ..............

I just had to say something… else.

Pixelpiper trying to be cute again? Who knew?

Why? Merchants have up to a month to ship an order.

I don't know where you get this arbitrary "month" shipping deadline from. Where I'm from, it's incredibly poor form for a merchant to accept all your cash and then hold out on sending something to you. Don't have the item in stock? Don't charge the customer in full then. That's the point of a partial, up-front deposit - to ensure that the customer has incentive to pay in full, so risk to the merchant is mitigated while the customer doesn't have to drop all his change at once on an item with an uncertain arrival time.

They charged a $65 NRD to hold the order, which was what was advertised.. If it takes longer than expected for the item to arrive, after I've placed that deposit, then that's fine. But to charge another $500 when they don't have the item? That's asking for another $500 as part of a deposit, which was decidedly NOT what was advertised.

If they weren't sure they were able to ship it in two weeks, they shouldn't have e-mailed me saying they would be shipping it in two weeks. It's now been three (and one week beyond the time they charged me). It was THEIR word, not mine.

Longer if it's explained as pre-sale or backorder (in such a case you will usually have a cancellation window).

We are not talking about a backorder, and the pre-sale NRD was explained clearly as being $65 up-front, and the pre-shipping notice was clearly explained as being 2 weeks. So then what is your point?

So last week Sideshow was running Spooktacular and likely did insane levels of business, causing them to be extremely busy.

Spooktacular is a regular event - they knew it was coming, and they know what kind of business they do in that time frame. They should have easily been able to anticipate its effects on their operation before charging my card a week (or more) before they're ready to ship.

This is part of every day business.

It's not a part of every day business when that business is well-run and respects its customers (and going through forum history, it looks like they have a history of this kind of behavior - this is NOT new or an aberration). My business has busy periods that I can anticipate - I don't let it affect the quality of my service. Rather, I anticipate it and build that in to my timing estimates (or were I Sideshow, I'd build it in to my timing on charging my customers).

When I order something from Amazon it's a minimum of 1 week before anything is ever shipped - no exceptions (I don't have Prime).

No exceptions? Sorry, but I don't believe you. I've found that shipping LATER than a week is the exception. Usually it's within three days (and third-party merchants ALWAYS ship within three days, I believe they're required to).

But some of the recent comments have been showing some signs of anxiety/panic, not excitement or anticipation.

It's not anxiety or panic, it's frustration at a basic lack of respect for their customers. franpincho is right, it's an interest free loan. $500 is a hefty chunk of cash - multiply that by how many customers they're doing this to (and evidently have done this to, in the past). It adds up.

Ever pay a deposit on an apartment? Landlord's supposed to pay back - WITH interest. It's the law, for a reason.

Reputable businesses that respect you don't charge you before they're ready to ship within a day or two (unless it's agreed-to otherwise). In this case, it was specifically made clear that the deposit would be $65, not $65 + $500. That's why I picked this option (rather than paying via Paypal). It was a deliberate choice on my part.

Sideshow's customer service used to be talked about as being top-notch. I don't see that being the consensus anymore, and it's stuff like this that leads to those feelings.

What are your thoughts on whether the full set with armory, bruce, alfred, and batman will be available through sideshow in roughly 2 months from now . ? . ..............

Honestly, I get the feeling that the full set (with all three figures) will be the one that will remain available the longest. It's the most expensive, and Alfred and Bruce are niche figures.

I just had to say something… else.

And?

And?

Why? Merchants have up to a month to ship an order. Longer if it's explained as pre-sale or backorder (in such a case you will usually have a cancellation window).

So last week Sideshow was running Spooktacular and likely did insane levels of business, causing them to be extremely busy. Cut them some slack (here in the forum and via email). This is part of every day business. When I order something from Amazon it's a minimum of 1 week before anything is ever shipped - no exceptions (I don't have Prime).

Hey, people are excited about getting a new product, that's cool. But some of the recent comments have been showing some signs of anxiety/panic, not excitement or anticipation. Relax. It's coming. These aren't documents you have to present to your boss tomorrow morning.

Do you suffer from Asperger's? I'm just curious, no offence meant if you don't. Your posts often read like the responses of someone with high-functioning autism.

Reputable businesses that respect you don't charge you before they're ready to ship within a day or two (unless it's agreed-to otherwise). In this case, it was specifically made clear that the deposit would be $65, not $65 + $500. That's why I picked this option (rather than paying via Paypal). It was a deliberate choice on my part.

I'm glad you put forth some effort in replying, but the hyperbole can be toned down a bit along with the insults toward Sideshow. I'm not apologizing for them, but IMO you don't show much experience with online shopping. If that's not the case then I can only believe you're being disingenuous to try and express your frustration. With respect to Amazon, believe what you want, but I have hundreds of shipments over the years to base my statements on.

Sideshow's customer service used to be talked about as being top-notch. I don't see that being the consensus anymore, and it's stuff like this that leads to those feelings.

This is again another cheap shot. If you have a problem with them, then open a live chat or communicate with them in email. Let them know that you're frustrated for having to wait. I'll again point you to Amazon - clearly you've never had to deal with anyone there if you think Sideshow is anything but stellar when it comes to customer service.

What I get from many replies is a terrible sense of entitlement.

franpincho is right, it's an interest free loan. $500 is a hefty chunk of cash

Right, because that "cash" didn't come from your credit card company. :slap You know, the guys that are giving you a minimum of three week interest free loan. If you honestly have questions about this particular transaction, and the billing and posting process, you should call your credit card company and ask them about it. While most card issuers have similar processes, they're not all exactly the same.

Do you suffer from Asperger's? I'm just curious, no offence meant if you don't. Your posts often read like the responses of someone with high-functioning autism.

Classy. As always I'm sure.

Maybe someone can start a thread to complain about Sideshow and that way others affected with different products can also participate. This thread can then get back to talking about the products.

Last edited:
I'm glad you put forth some effort in replying, but the hyperbole can be toned down a bit along with the insults toward Sideshow. I'm not apologizing for them, but IMO you don't show much experience with online shopping. If that's not the case then I can only believe you're being disingenuous to try and express your frustration. With respect to Amazon, believe what you want, but I have hundreds of shipments over the years to base my statements on.

This is again another cheap shot. If you have a problem with them, then open a live chat or communicate with them in email. Let them know that you're frustrated for having to wait. I'll again point you to Amazon - clearly you've never had to deal with anyone there if you think Sideshow is anything but stellar when it comes to customer service.

Right, because that "cash" didn't come from your credit card company. :slap You know, the guys that are giving you a minimum of three week interest free loan. If you honestly have questions about this particular transaction, and the billing and posting process, you should call your credit card company and ask them about it. While most card issuers have similar processes, they're not all exactly the same.

Maybe someone can start a thread to complain about Sideshow and that way others affected with different products can also participate. This thread can then get back to talking about the products.

agreed with your points

I did try to get across the fact that it was a serious question, and I didn't mean anything malicious by it.

Such a question in a public forum has only a malicious purpose on its face. I don't have autism, but I don't find making fun or light of anyone with any mental nor physical condition humorous.

Such a question in a public forum has only a malicious purpose on its face. I don't have autism, but I don't find making fun or light of anyone with any mental nor physical condition humorous.

Well I don't find it right either which is why I wasn't making fun. On the other hand discussing such things in an open and reasonable way removes the stigma from it.

Let's end it there because it's really OT and I can see you're upset but there was nothing malicious about my question. If I wanted to be malicious you'd know about it, and I didn't.

In one thread I see you bitching constantly about Hot Toys and how they are not any better than Sideshow, in another I see you suggesting a Sideshow complaint thread and then in another I see you talking about purchasing the Hot Toys products that you complained about previously. All done in a superior than thou manner. Something's not right there for sure.

:lol

My last flex payment was yesterday, but I've received no indication of when it will ship yet. Sounds like things have gotten backed up for some reason so I'll expect that it may even be a couple of weeks. I don't feel good about putting down so much for a collectible, but I hope to make about half of it back when I sell off what I don't want.

Back