1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jokes gave me a call a few minutes ago - there's a bit of a lineup outside the plant, but he told me he was there with your mom? ;)

your mom? his mom your mom's mom
article-2057284-0EA81AEB00000578-855_468x360.jpg

I definitely want to offer battery replacement adapters for Iron Man and any other figures and accessories as I can, including the armory this thread is about. I just want to make sure I learn enough about the specific toy/product before I can say definitively that I'll have an adapter available, because I want people to enjoy a plug and play experience with maxim longevity and complete safety.

Hot Toys specifically, have already shown that they like to skip some basic steps when putting things together, which can have some dire consequences. Case in point, the Tumbler has some 10 LEDs and none of them have resistors. This isn't the correct way to wire LEDs in any circuit, ever. Even one that's powered by batteries and will likely not have any issues with those batteries - the batteries have enough internal resistance that they aren't likely to burn out the LEDs. But that's not the case when using a power supply, even if it's current limited. So for the Tumbler I'm offering an LED replacement service to rewire all the modules with correctly colored LEDs (warm like in the movies) and appropriate resistors.

I hope the armory has resistors fitted to it like all of Sideshow's stands seem to have - but I won't be holding my breath, DX12's stand is also missing them.

I was told by the shop I use, that it would out in December. That was way back when it was announced. He hasn't given any indication of an earlier date.
I'm seeing him today, so I'll ask again about the release date.

I definitely want to offer battery replacement adapters for Iron Man and any other figures and accessories as I can, including the armory this thread is about. I just want to make sure I learn enough about the specific toy/product before I can say definitively that I'll have an adapter available, because I want people to enjoy a plug and play experience with maxim longevity and complete safety.

Hot Toys specifically, have already shown that they like to skip some basic steps when putting things together, which can have some dire consequences. Case in point, the Tumbler has some 10 LEDs and none of them have resistors. This isn't the correct way to wire LEDs in any circuit, ever. Even one that's powered by batteries and will likely not have any issues with those batteries - the batteries have enough internal resistance that they aren't likely to burn out the LEDs. But that's not the case when using a power supply, even if it's current limited. So for the Tumbler I'm offering an LED replacement service to rewire all the modules with correctly colored LEDs (warm like in the movies) and appropriate resistors.

I hope the armory has resistors fitted to it like all of Sideshow's stands seem to have - but I won't be holding my breath, DX12's stand is also missing them.
When I opened up The light up stands that came with the iron man Mk 4, 5, etc they had resistors.

Seems silly not to be consistent with their quality

I was looking at my Batman QS-001 and then this pic of the new mouthpieces for this new upcoming Batman and I am starting to have hope in their Dark Knight line, I wonder if Hot Toys will do one more Nolan-verse Dark Knight in 2015?

I was looking at my Batman QS-001 and then this pic of the new mouthpieces for this new upcoming Batman and I am starting to have hope in their Dark Knight line, I wonder if Hot Toys will do one more Nolan-verse Dark Knight in 2015?

I was just wondering!

NEVER say you like Nolan Batman around here and NEVER wish for more figures.

We Nolanites are a small group, banished from society and forced to live as outcasts.
But fear not, for the time will soon come, when Hobbits will shape the...wait, wrong franchise.

I see it didn't take Jokes and Bats long to revert back to his original state.

Pity, the last avatar and sig trifecta were appropriate and great. Ledger, Ledger, Ledger!

If they see room for improvements and / or enough marked and I'm sure there is both, I'm sure there will be at least one more at some point. :)
Could imagine it coming with this release: www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?130883

NEVER say you like Nolan Batman around here and NEVER wish for more figures.

We Nolanites are a small group, banished from society and forced to live as outcasts.
But fear not, for the time will soon come, when Hobbits will shape the...wait, wrong franchise.

Especially in a Nolan figure thread. C'mon, dude should just know better. ;)

Back