1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, IMO pack out is truly a waste of $$$, as I personally couldn't care less about the box to begin with. I actually recycle all of them, and keep the accessories someplace else.

That's why I don't use Sideshow as my main source. They are the only place who charges extra for a pack out. I don't know why. Other places pack out standard, and Sideshow has the highest prices. With that the least they can do is protect the product better.

I just added a pack out for this guy. I rarely use them but for certain pieces I get them. Especially after seeing the way UPS beat the crap out of my Iron Patriot box today. Looked like they tried to run it over with a lawn mower.

I just added a pack out for this guy. I rarely use them but for certain pieces I get them. Especially after seeing the way UPS beat the crap out of my Iron Patriot box today. Looked like they tried to run it over with a lawn mower.

ace-ventura-hds-delivery-o.gif

Yeah, IMO pack out is truly a waste of $$$, as I personally couldn't care less about the box to begin with. I actually recycle all of them, and keep the accessories someplace else.

IMO, I don't think it's a waste of $, rather it's a rip off from SideShow. I do care about my boxes and the complete package overall, so I keep everything, even the shipper boxes. But considering that SideShow keeps it at a 10$ option shows they are absolutely aware that packages DO get damaged. BBTS and some other places are aware that the package/box is a part of the collectible, so they double box everything. I don't know if it's just sincere on BBTS' part or if should just be the standard of all collecting in general.

Years ago UPS delivered a computer system to me - it was in several boxes and the guy was nuts - he stacked it WAY too high, putting the hard drive right on top, and wheeled it toward the house... over it went. Naturally the hard drive expired immediately. Unbelievable, and unbelievable the outrageous stuff the claims adjuster said to try to wiggle out of having to pay the claim. I've had a few Hot Toys figures arrive with boxes damaged, so I feel for anyone that has to go through this.

That's crazy. I hear so many horror stories about ups, yet my local ups service has been nothing short of stellar for the better part of twenty years. The us postal service or local fedex here on the other hand, is a crap shoot.

That's crazy. I hear so many horror stories about ups, yet my local ups service has been nothing short of stellar for the better part of twenty years. The us postal service or local fedex here on the other hand, is a crap shoot.

Yeah I've never had a problem with UPS, the delivery guy seems like a good guy...... I personally prefer FedEx but most of my packages are delivered by my National carrier AnPost, who are really fast

I just do the pick up option with ups.

That's what I always do. Can't have the GF seeing these brown boxes.

But the only instance my box came damaged was when I ordered the DX11. Shipper looked ok, but the purple box had a dent, for which SSC offered me $30 back then. For a guy who doesn't give a crap about boxes, I thought it was worth it. And since I'm paying for shipping already, I expect my package to get here mint, even if boxes are not my priority. Box went to the trash shortly after, lol.

That's what I always do. Can't have the GF seeing these brown boxes.

But the only instance my box came damaged was when I ordered the DX11. Shipper looked ok, but the purple box had a dent, for which SSC offered me $30 back then. For a guy who doesn't give a crap about boxes, I thought it was worth it. And since I'm paying for shipping already, I expect my package to get here mint, even if boxes are not my priority. Box went to the trash shortly after, lol.
Yea Holy shiiiiiiit, I've bought and traded so much she would probably divorce me.

Back