1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wish this version came with the cloak too, then I almost couldn't pass on it. But I already have 2 Thors, and I promised myself to not buy a new Thor until Avengers 3.

Now bring on a Malekith and Kurse please.

As I've said before, they should've switched the cloak with the base for the 2 figures. Thor in battle armor does more smashing and landing into the ground to cause that sort of destruction, and I could almost swear that in the film, he had the light-armor underneath the cloak. I personally wouldn't cover up the armored version with the cloak so I don't really see the point of it. Shame they didn't do it like that though.

As I've said before, they should've switched the cloak with the base for the 2 figures. Thor in battle armor does more smashing and landing into the ground to cause that sort of destruction, and I could almost swear that in the film, he had the light-armor underneath the cloak. I personally wouldn't cover up the armored version with the cloak so I don't really see the point of it. Shame they didn't do it like that though.

I'll have to wait until I see it again, but I think you're right, he mostly had the light armor on under the cloak while walking around Asgard. That would've been different enough to warrant a purchase then, IMO.

As for the base, I'm starting to get tired of these oversized, generic, reused bases. Either give me something specific to the movie, like the damaged Hammer Drone or Chitauri base, or give me the plain black stand and save me money.

I'll have to wait until I see it again, but I think you're right, he mostly had the light armor on under the cloak while walking around Asgard. That would've been different enough to warrant a purchase then, IMO.

As for the base, I'm starting to get tired of these oversized, generic, reused bases. Either give me something specific to the movie, like the damaged Hammer Drone or Chitauri base, or give me the plain black stand and save me money.

Make sense. There was no battle going on in Asgard at those times. I'll have to watch it again.

Wow, really glad I put in my pre order on this. As a figure, I think I prefer this version. But, from the film I liked him better armored up (probably because he was like that for like 90% of it). I'm looking at getting both versions and maybe deciding in hand which version I like better, or just keep both and move on. I liked The Dark World enough that I'm cool having one for a Dark World display (especially if HT gives us a Sif) and another with my generic Marvel/Avengers display.

This is very deliberate and common tactic by HT. Example , Terminator Salvation Connor figure had the wrong gun. Then they announce Final Battle version and shockingly he has the gun for the first figure. Another example Bank Robber Joker comes with the M76 Machine gun, but he doesn't even use it in that scene. So you see its not a mistake at all.

This is very deliberate and common tactic by HT. Example , Terminator Salvation Connor figure had the wrong gun. Then they announce Final Battle version and shockingly he has the gun for the first figure. Another example Bank Robber Joker comes with the M76 Machine gun, but he doesn't even use it in that scene. So you see its not a mistake at all.

Ahhh, very tricky business....

Hello :wave I'm new to buying HT/SSC. My first 2 are pre-ordered Brandon Lee:The Crow & Thor:TDW. I put myself on the wait list for Thor: Light Asgardian Armor. Question is, what are the chances to actually get to purchase this being on a wait list? Thank you

Hello :wave I'm new to buying HT/SSC. My first 2 are pre-ordered Brandon Lee:The Crow & Thor:TDW. I put myself on the wait list for Thor: Light Asgardian Armor. Question is, what are the chances to actually get to purchase this being on a wait list? Thank you

I think chances are high that your wait list will convert. This figure won't be released until mid or late this year. Good luck.

Really wish the helmet from first Thor would fit in this figure. It would,in my opinion, be closest to comic accuracy as well as movie.

Bank Robber also came with an updated head sculpt to go with the original MMS Joker. :cuckoo:

IMO, the helmet is done. They did an entire movie without it including full battle scenes.

Maybe it'll return in A2...then Tony can make fun of it.

Well I to be frank I have Thor version 1 with helmet and it would need to be redone with a lower profile I think from the front its a bit high

Really wish the helmet from first Thor would fit in this figure. It would,in my opinion, be closest to comic accuracy as well as movie.

That's essentially the original Journey Into Mystery Thor so yeah pretty much. Sleeveless and wearing the helmet.

Journey_in_to_mystery083-00.jpg

That makes me think. They might do a sleeveless Thor with Helmet for Thor 3 and Avengers 2-3.
If that's the only reason to get this, I might just skip and wait for that one. :lol

Back