1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh geez. That looks bad dude. When did you notice that? Mine doesn't have that at all.

You know what? I dint really notice it or think it was that bad until today... Checked it in daylight and looks bloody awful and under the arms and around the ball of the shoulders are getting worse with very little posing ...

Very disappointed have requested a replacement and not taking a partial refund this time.

Had a break. Took some photos. :wave

14829547395_502571273e_o.jpg

14806548916_d0ca857f74_o.jpg

14829181852_2c7c8109a6_o.jpg

14642840910_7ef563c3d4_o.jpg

This is the Kotobukiya Artfx Iron Man statue right? I was recently considering this for purchase but wow.. Thor looks huge compared to him in this picture. It might be because Thor is closer to the camera and his base is taller. Is that the case?
Yes, it is the Kotobukiya...and yes, Thor looks bigger because if the angle and his base is twice as tall.

You mean shipping costs? How much is that in usd?

no i mean fed ex bill us uk fellas we get charged the actual item then $40 in shipping fee's then another nice charge from fed ex. That is about $130ish bloody joke

im hoping its down to box size/weight as he was by no means small, python cost me $309 but smaller box so heres hoping :pray:

no i mean fed ex bill us uk fellas we get charged the actual item then $40 in shipping fee's then another nice charge from fed ex. That is about $130ish bloody joke

im hoping its down to box size/weight as he was by no means small, python cost me $309 but smaller box so heres hoping :pray:
Damn, so these figures end up costing you guys like $350+... that's gotta suck. Never realized it was like that overseas.

So sideshow is going to send me a replacement body because the original body I received had a piece of the skin on the elbow chip off. Only stipulation is that I need to destroy the body upon receiving the new one. Does anyone know, based on past experiences, if they'll just send the body with most of the armor pieces or do they just send the nude body and require me to strip the original piece down and transfer everything over?

You'd better call Sideshow and ask. I don't think that anyone on a forum can give you a 100% reliable answer on that one. Best to find out right from Sideshow CS.

Gorgeous shots, Rook (as usual)....

Had this figure on my desk at work...everyone who saw it was impressed, especially wih the likeness. HT really "hammered" this one home.... :)

Yeah, guess I'll have to do that tomorrow. Really hoping I don't have to take everything apart to swap it over to the new body.

I had to get a replacement body, too. The paint was chipping off the left arm and the ankles were cracked.

The body I received was only missing the head, hands, and gauntlets. It still had the cape and boots attached.

My Thor seems to be doing the arm thing too. I barely even moved them and they're getting spots from rubbing against the torso. My biggest gripe with this otherwise amazing figure.

I know what you mean. Very disappointing to say the least and it seems if I so much as look at the arm the paint falls off. Hot Toys really don't think things through, do they.

14647045168_ac2157a18e_c.jpg

My Thor seems to be doing the arm thing too. I barely even moved them and they're getting spots from rubbing against the torso. My biggest gripe with this otherwise amazing figure.

yup that's problem everyone will have and I don't believe anyone will not have that problem.. Sharp edge of the chest area will scrap paint off.
I have requested a replacement due to the ugly molding lines up the length of the arm.

Back