1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's sad that there won't ever be a "mint" light armor Thor. Did HT even test these guys before they put them into production? Goodness.

Can't believe they shipped one with molding lines like that.

I've done some posing with mine but haven't noticed this issue as of yet. I'll have to check again, but now I'm nervous.

I had the paint problem too and received my replacement and don't have that issue at all with the replacement.

I think the paint flaking issue is a factory QC problem. I don't believe the paint settled into the rubber properly before it was packaged. It explains why one arm doesn't flake off with excessive posing while the other arm does. If this was typical wear, you would see it on both arms.

Checked mine out and no flaking issues thus far. While I was there, made an adjustment to my setup.

6FE303EF-F59A-4648-AC9E-662AC5EE24EB_zps60lfmltz.jpg

33564CC2-50CC-47B4-AD4B-F0B220B00B1E_zpsxpsunnkr.jpg

Still can't quite get the action of Thor's pose right, and nor will I really since I can't get any torso or ab articulation out of this figure. But still, I really like this display. Not usually a fan of diorama type stuff.

Checked mine out and no flaking issues thus far. While I was there, made an adjustment to my setup.
Still can't quite get the action of Thor's pose right, and nor will I really since I can't get any torso or ab articulation out of this figure. But still, I really like this display. Not usually a fan of diorama type stuff.

This might help :dunno
00800.m2ts_snapshot_00.49.50_[2014.08.05_09.56.41].jpg

Lol, Chimp Thor.

I was going for the moment he hits the shield but I am lazy and just went off memory. If Thor had a crazy rage face an not the "is Natalie Portman undressing in the far distance?, I can't tell." look, I'd go for that.

Lol, Chimp Thor.

I was going for the moment he hits the shield but I am lazy and just went off memory. If Thor had a crazy rage face an not the "is Natalie Portman undressing in the far distance?, I can't tell." look, I'd go for that.

Yeah I tried getting a screen grab of that, but there isn't a good shot :dunno

Pretty sure that the moment of impact occurred just as his feet were touching the ground, or as they were about to touch the ground. It looks awkward because Thor is elevated to the level at which he's rearing back in that scene. The position of the body clashes with the position of the hammer.

Because the AoU suit appears to be so close to the TDW suit, with the silver replacing the gold, I would totally expect them to release both sleeved and sleeveless versions for that line. I mean, why not?

HT will most likely make both armored and light-armored versions of Thor from AoU. Throw in a new headsculpt and some silver paint on the vest. $250 each.

:lol

Because the AoU suit appears to be so close to the TDW suit, with the silver replacing the gold, I would totally expect them to release both sleeved and sleeveless versions for that line. I mean, why not?

Exactly, and its Hot Toys so :dunno
I do think they would rather make another character than 2 Thors :dunno
maybe this time they will just include extra arms

Exactly, and its Hot Toys so :dunno
I do think they would rather make another character than 2 Thors :dunno
maybe this time they will just include extra arms

This! :clap HT please take notes.

My only concern is part of the chest also needs to be swapped out between the sleeved and sleeveless versions, not sure if HT can engineer a solution. If HT were to only make 1 AoU Thor, I'm hoping it's the sleeveless. Valid point that they already have all the molds and tooling for both of the TDW Thor figures, just a simple paint swap and maybe a new base and they can go to market.

Back