1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well hopefully I'll be as lucky, I just now jumped on the waitlist after having worked out my budget to fit this guy in. If he doesn't go through though I might just get Widow.

You will definitely get one!! got on the waitlist 2 days ago and got the mail today.

I received mine and my overall impression is very good. There are just a few things that are noteworthy but typically are within the range of the expected.

The good:

1. Headsculpt and paint application is incredible. This figure truly comes to life on your shelf. The hair sculpt, facial expression, wrinkles and skin... fantastic
  2. Overall coloration of the figure (cape, skin and suit) is just wow. Really well done
  3. Seamless arms work pretty well for this figure
  4. Mjölnir is as impressive and detailed as it should be
  5. Perhaps this is the first caped HT figure I won't be getting a custom cape for. The detalis and weathering is really good
  6. Very impressive and life-like figure

The bad:

1. The base is nicely sculpted and painted but the dynamic stand is nigh impossible to use without flying pose or bending the rod to the point of almost breaking. But I found a simple remedy for this. The arms of Thor and the rod are both made out of ferromagnetic steel. Bending the rod behind Thor so it slightly touches the arm lets you insert a strong magnet between both and securely attach Thor without the clamp. Works like a charm
  2. The armpits are quite obvious from many angles and potentially ruin the impression of an otherwise perfect figure
  3. The eyes, although painted and sculpted nicely, appear just a tiny bit weary. Where MOS had the stern facial expression of an almost-god, Thor sometimes seems looking for something/unfocused
  4. Apparently the torso has no ab-crunch which limits articulation (can someone tell me if it's just me, or does this figure truly have no torso articulation at all?)
  5. It feels like the joints on my figure should be a little tighter. The figure is quite heavy especially with Mjölnir in hand. The shoulder joints (not for lifting the arm, but tilting the shoulder) are a bit weak as are the ankle joints. Mine will hardly stay upright if left slightly unbalanced. MOS stays put no matter what. Hence, I needed to secure him to the bending rod of the dynamic stand

DSC03794-small.jpg
Note: Image is heavily filtered and colours are altered

DSC03796.JPG

Great photos guys! This and Robocop are the ones that I'm eagerly looking forward to receiving. Saw this again displayed at a shop earlier and it made the wait even more difficult!

I received mine and my overall impression is very good. There are just a few things that are noteworthy but typically are within the range of the expected.

The good:

1. Headsculpt and paint application is incredible. This figure truly comes to life on your shelf. The hair sculpt, facial expression, wrinkles and skin... fantastic
  2. Overall coloration of the figure (cape, skin and suit) is just wow. Really well done
  3. Seamless arms work pretty well for this figure
  4. Mjölnir is as impressive and detailed as it should be
  5. Perhaps this is the first caped HT figure I won't be getting a custom cape for. The detalis and weathering is really good
  6. Very impressive and life-like figure

The bad:

1. The base is nicely sculpted and painted but the dynamic stand is nigh impossible to use without flying pose or bending the rod to the point of almost breaking. But I found a simple remedy for this. The arms of Thor and the rod are both made out of ferromagnetic steel. Bending the rod behind Thor so it slightly touches the arm lets you insert a strong magnet between both and securely attach Thor without the clamp. Works like a charm
  2. The armpits are quite obvious from many angles and potentially ruin the impression of an otherwise perfect figure
  3. The eyes, although painted and sculpted nicely, appear just a tiny bit weary. Where MOS had the stern facial expression of an almost-god, Thor sometimes seems looking for something/unfocused
  4. Apparently the torso has no ab-crunch which limits articulation (can someone tell me if it's just me, or does this figure truly have no torso articulation at all?)
  5. It feels like the joints on my figure should be a little tighter. The figure is quite heavy especially with Mjölnir in hand. The shoulder joints (not for lifting the arm, but tilting the shoulder) are a bit weak as are the ankle joints. Mine will hardly stay upright if left slightly unbalanced. MOS stays put no matter what. Hence, I needed to secure him to the bending rod of the dynamic stand

good to know I'm not the only one who sees this. It's my biggest gripe with the figure and only one that keeps me from hands down loving it.

As for torso articulation, I think the suit is highly restricting. I can't get mine to rotate at all, which is a shame and really limits action posing.

good to know I'm not the only one who sees this. It's my biggest gripe with the figure and only one that keeps me from hands down loving it.

As for torso articulation, I think the suit is highly restricting. I can't get mine to rotate at all, which is a shame and really limits action posing.

The underlying body has ab articulation and rotation but the suit restricts that. The body except arms is just like the wolverine muscle body in terms of articulation.

took some more snaps of him today, really is one of HT best thors to date

DSC_0004.JPG

How on earth did you bend the wire part of the stand such that the grabber could still go around the torso? Since the grabber can only be put at the top of the wire, you really need to bend the crap out of the wire to get it that low! I still cant do it! Any tips on how you bent yours?

Damn it! Everyone's pics are killing me. Can't believe I slipped on this figure. Please someone trade me! HaHa!! All my money is tied up on Mark 42 and Golden Age Cap.

A great figure. Hopefully tge Avengers 2 version is just as good as Im not feeling the gold.

Back