1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't it warn you in the directions when moving the arms to lift them out first so they don't scrape against the body?

That's probably Sean Long's figure after he held Thor by the arms and flipped him around over and over like an old stretch armstrong.

Do people not read instructions? The arms come packaged amazingly well with foam separating the bottom of the arm to the torso at the armpit area. if you wanna pull the arm outwards, push the entire up a bit to open up that armpit to prevent that atrocity from happening. Honestly I think people blame their own faults at Hot toys. Take it easy with the figure and it'll be fine.

Won't even get to display this bad boy till this coming fall when Ikea opens in KC. I get mine Wednesday. Hopefully I don't have as bad of luck as that guy did handling his fig.

Just opened mine up. It is a great figure, but I think I may prefer Avengers Thor. The same things that bothered me about the Light Armor head sculpt in photos still bother me. It's the eyes, their shape and that I feel the right one is a little too big and looking off slightly in another direction than the left. It's in my head and I can't not see it. Shame because the quality of the head sculpt is outstanding and the poseability of this guy trumps Avengers version as well. Gonna give it a few days before I decide. I do like the special stand.

Question: I will be receiving my Thor within this week and I intend to display him on his base. I think the base comes with one of these dynamic stands, like the MOS. unfortunately, I think these are useless if you don't want a flying pose. You could twist and bend the rod to hold the figure standing on the ground but the guy has a cape that probably would look weird. So, how do you guys fix this problem? Have him standing unsupported?
I think my options are: blu tack the feet to the base and hope for the best or DIY a stand/holder that kinda fits the base but supports the figure.
How are you guys doing it?

Question: I will be receiving my Thor within this week and I intend to display him on his base. I think the base comes with one of these dynamic stands, like the MOS. unfortunately, I think these are useless if you don't want a flying pose. You could twist and bend the rod to hold the figure standing on the ground but the guy has a cape that probably would look weird. So, how do you guys fix this problem? Have him standing unsupported?
I think my options are: blu tack the feet to the base and hope for the best or DIY a stand/holder that kinda fits the base but supports the figure.

Thats they're purpose, they are not useless :thwak

Thats they're purpose, they are not useless :thwak

That is why I said if you don't want a flying pose.
If I don't want to eat soup or any other liquid, a spoon is useless. That does not mean a spoon has no use.
Is everyone going to pose Thor in a flying pose?!

My understanding is there are enough gaps in the rocks to be able to stand him in there without falling down. Someone has posted about it a few pages back. That's how I plan to at least try it anyway.

Ugh... :monkey4 it really pays to be a collector outside US. just dished out $90 of duties on this thing.
well, atleast It'll be here soon enough?

Won't even get to display this bad boy till this coming fall when Ikea opens in KC. I get mine Wednesday. Hopefully I don't have as bad of luck as that guy did handling his fig.

Haha I'm waiting on that too. I need another detolf bad, and the nearest Ikea is in Nebraska or something.

I plan on getting another stand... I did this for Superman and Zod. I have no need for those giant dynamic bases. I just keep an eye out on Toy Anxiety and Monkey Depot for stands.

Back