Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm? Never gave it much thought about this claws before. With those large gaps in his hands, he could possibly bleed out. :dunno

Maybe it's similar to a pierced ear. When you pierce it the first time, there's blood; but if you pierce it and immediately fill the hole(like with a piercing gun), there's no blood. Once you've had the piercing long enough, you can take it out and there won't be any bleeding.

Also, cuts with razor-sharp instruments can have little to no blood when the cut is initially made; when the blade 'fills' the hole that's made, maybe that stops the flow from ever making it out.

ALSO, if we can suspend enough disbelief to say that a guy was born with claws that shoot out from between his knuckles, maybe they're encased in a special channel within his arm/hand, that has tiny openings where the claws are meant to come out. When they are retracted, the opening just isn't visible; it stretches to allow for the claws when they come out!

Interesting conundrum.

Great pics. As always, lighting is key to a good pic.
Likeness isn't the best i have seen, but good enough.

Thanks Barry! Lighting definitely is everything. Too bad i'm only using an iPhone to take the pics. The likeness I think is the closest to Jackman than the other wolverine figures Hot Toys has released.

Also, I don't think his powers were completely gone. I think he was just healing a lot slower and less. So when his claws came out that healed quicker than the bullet wounds which he was still bleeding from.

Also, I don't think his powers were completely gone. I think he was just healing a lot slower and less. So when his claws came out that healed quicker than the bullet wounds which he was still bleeding from.

:exactly:

PS: best pics so far Gambit :clap

:wink1:
From what I understand, he didn't lose his powers, they were just set back a bit so he wasn't healing as fast as normal

Maybe it's similar to a pierced ear. When you pierce it the first time, there's blood; but if you pierce it and immediately fill the hole(like with a piercing gun), there's no blood. Once you've had the piercing long enough, you can take it out and there won't be any bleeding.

Also, cuts with razor-sharp instruments can have little to no blood when the cut is initially made; when the blade 'fills' the hole that's made, maybe that stops the flow from ever making it out.

ALSO, if we can suspend enough disbelief to say that a guy was born with claws that shoot out from between his knuckles, maybe they're encased in a special channel within his arm/hand, that has tiny openings where the claws are meant to come out. When they are retracted, the opening just isn't visible; it stretches to allow for the claws when they come out!

Interesting conundrum.

Agreed. Very logical explanation. :lecture

One of the reasons is because they can only show so much blood in a PG-13 movie. In the unrated edition there's a lot more blood from slashing, but I don't know if there's any blood on his knuckles... just thought I'd throw that out there.

From what I understand, he didn't lose his powers, they were just set back a bit so he wasn't healing as fast as normal

Yea, I agree. Which is largely why I was ultimately disappointed in the movie. I was expecting a more character driven story that explores the question of "What happens when Wolverine is made mortal". Instead we got "What happens when Wolverine has his powers somewhat suppressed, but not enough so that he still can't shrug off major injuries that most people would be instantly incapacitated by."

Yeah. Out of the packaging(Which contained an Ada Wong head, two Alice bodies, a loose Reeve Superman, Indy head/hair/hat/other parts, and a Phil Coulson suit), i just tried it on the head(With the correct hair), and it seemed too big(The hat that is).

That's odd. It ought to be a snug fit.

Bar said:
I am loving the sculpt though. With the eyes pointing straight ahead, but slightly upwards, i am seeing a lot of Ford in it! I am very pleased with my purchase. Might even try and track the full figure down now.

That's good. At certain angles I can catch a glimpse of Ford. The rest of the set, apart from the holster (which is too big to be screen accurate) was very well done. Without a doubt it was the best off the shelf Indy overall.

Bar said:
Cheaper than downloading it?

I don't know how much that costs. I generally up pick DVDs (and sometimes Blu-rays) for £1, or maybe £2 if it's a recent release or something I really want.

Bar said:
I am thinking of other customs to use the head on when i get mine.

Since I ordered two of these, and the consensus is that the body is too small, I'm thinking of uses for the second one. Maybe a Second World War bash to stand alongside WW2 Captain America?

I travelled forward in time 3 years and the first thing I did was check this thread. Coincidentally enough, it had just been bumped. I copied the post:

I just saw this in hand for the first time and I can't believe I passed on this when it was available. $550 shipped :slap Oh well, live and learn. Please check my sales thread.

That's odd. It ought to be a snug fit.

That's good. At certain angles I can catch a glimpse of Ford. The rest of the set, apart from the holster (which is too big to be screen accurate) was very well done. Without a doubt it was the best off the shelf Indy overall.

I don't know how much that costs. I generally up pick DVDs (and sometimes Blu-rays) for £1, or maybe £2 if it's a recent release or something I really want.

Since I ordered two of these, and the consensus is that the body is too small, I'm thinking of uses for the second one. Maybe a Second World War bash to stand alongside WW2 Captain America?

Bash the scene when Logan visits the old dying Yashida. It is similar look to origins with with beater, button down and blazer / sport coat. Layers should help "hide" the smaller body while keeping the look movie accurate.

If Logan is completely stripped of his healing powers he dies immediately from all the metal in his body. Then we get a 20 minute movie. We wouldn't want that now do we?

Why do people kep saying he has a piss poor small body? The head sculpt on this is smaller than the origins sculpt and
I don't recall anyone claiming the TTM -19 they used on that as being small.
So I just curious can we get some shots of him in tank top to prove this theory?

I think cause in the newest movie he was wayy more ripped, and since the v1 weve had all kinds of awesome and accurate bodies released it now looks bad in comparison

Back