Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it just me who thinks the prototype headsculpt looks better? I don't really see hugh jackman on the released figure. I wonder of they tweaked the headsculpt or what not.

It's just you. The last 30 pages have been unbridled praise for the released headsculpt. Mostly everyone loves that they thickened the mustache and made the head wider.

SS email saying shipping soon! Said stock will arrive within 7 days.

Personally, nothing is going to be perfect to everyone because everyone has a different idea of what a figure should look like. No offense guys, its kinda dumb.

You can complain about the face being too wide, the claws too flat or the mustache being too thick but it isnt going to be perfect.

I dont hear any "Wolverine fans" talking about the figure being too tall. Wolverine is supposed to be like 5'3" tall. Jackman is waaaay bigger. Nothing is perfect boys. You just have to ask yourself if you can be happy with the interpretation of what you are getting. And the stache can probably be lightened with a wash. Its what I will do.

Im keeping my order. Is it perfect? Nope. But neither are the movies. Take it with a grain of salt.

You realize that people here are asking for screen accuracy, because that's what Hot Toys claim and is expected to deliver? Wolverine's not 5'3" in the movie, was he?

So no offense man, your point's kinda dumb.

Hehe his body looks like he just climbed out of the hole. Still looking forward to getting this.

Idk guys but I don't see Hugh in there at all. Huge let down from Hot Toys considering they just released the MOS figure which had a great likeness.
This is most likely a cancel. The suit looks very nice though.
Will wait for the DOFP version. "The Wolverine" was a good movie but DOFP looks epic!

Just realized there is also a soul patch painted on the figure (a fellow poster mentioned it also). So there's both the mustache and soul patch which have been painted on the final product, which was not on the prototype, nor in the movie.

The figure looks great, but it's disappointing that the production run has the incorrect facial hair. It's key to get the facial hair correct on Wolverine since it helps give him his unique look.

To sum it up: great figure, wrong beard.

The problem is the final product looks inferior than prototype. If they showed us a half *** sean Connery version 5 months ago and deliver this piece of mustache figure, everyone would be happy.

I'm using this as a lesson not to pre order any HT other than Iron Man

Then again I'm sure someone is going to post a tutorial on how to thin out the tache soon

The Eli pictures back a couple of pages made the figure look good. Best photos I've seen so far. I'll have him in next week probably once charged Tuesday. If not the week after that. I'll have a honest review on Wolverine and compare to the Last Stand Version. Hot Toys did over do the mustache a bit. It should of been stubbled. Not accurate but maybe in person won't look as bad as it looks in pics. The Paint and Body are my only concerns at this moment. Was definitely freaking earlier with OMG pics and others photos.

I personally have no desire to add a slick hairdo, metro style Wolverine to my collection but I don't see a bad paint app at all on this one and likeness is decent. Those who want Wolverine from this film I'd imagine they would be happy seeing these pics.

The body looks fine with the layered clothing and all.

The headsculpt -- I guess it would be like the case of the Selina Kyle figure. The likeness is there, only covered by the paintjob. I've seen a lot of Selina Kyle headsculpts repainted that looked like a shrunken Anne Hathaway, I bet a repaint could bring out the Hugh Jackman in this sculpt.

It would be funny to see the Headplay resculpts looking more like Jackman if they paint the facial hair properly :)

I personally have no desire to add a slick hairdo, metro style Wolverine to my collection but I don't see a bad paint app at all on this one and likeness is decent. Those who want Wolverine from this film I'd imagine they would be happy seeing these pics.

We Wolverine fans are picky! :slap :lol That's the sad truth. I think in hands it will look much better. Pics and videos don't do justice in my eyes but was scary for those couple of hours seeing OMG pics. Those professional photos made the figure look like crap. The Eli pics a couple of pages back looked really good. Best pics so far. I loved the film and think I'm going to love this figure. Just scary to think you may get a bad product that you spend over $200 on. That's why I'm so damn picky and know my limits.

I don't think this figure looks bad, I actually kinda like it... :lol But I will probably pass in the hopes they make a DoFP Wolvie in the blue and yellow suit. That would be a cool version to get.

Just got home from work and saw the notice....WTF...I thought this wasn't due until MAY...

Wasn't expecting this early....having said that, yes! Bring it on...loved the movie, really like this look for him.

As usual, the "spirited" discussion is in full swing in here...my two cents...I remember all of the bad chatter when the early prod pics of Jor-El popped up a few months back and based on those pictures, folks were dissing the shiny, soft-featured sculpt, crying foul and canceling orders. I'll admit....those early shots made me nervous too but I kept the order and....the figure "in hand" looked light years better than the pics...and is one of my favorites now.

Yes...it happens nearly every time. Pics pop up near release time and panic ensues...I've been guilty of it too but....looking at the pics of Wolverine here....I'm keeping this order. One of my favorite "early signs" are the kidadult "unboxing" videos. Straight from the box reveals, no frills, regular "room" lighting. Always shows us exactly what we're getting.

And what I see here is something good....can't wait to add Jackman's Wolverine to the collection....

Some people say that some people are making excuses to not get the figure that they actually wanted. I'd say I think some people tend to utter the cliche "pictures don't do it justice and I loved it when I finally got mine in-hand" as an excuse to justify their purchase.

Eitherway, I'm hoping to be blown away by this when I see it in hand. So I could say pictures don't do it justice :lol

Haters are gonna hate ! IMO people will just be OCD no master what tony Cheung just mailed me mine I will do a light wash to lighten the stag area. I have been a professional photographer for over a decade and can tell background and lighting especially FOCUS make all the difference

Can't wait for your professional photos, then. I hope you could show us a big difference.

Where's Jingobell? He normally has a set of pics too.

Although I can't see his pics swaying me either, great though they tend to be. I've been fairly put off this whole figure. Not just the tache but the funeral outfit just wouldn't work on my shelf, and he does look terribly skinny in just the vest.

Back