Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best HT Wolverine sculpt wise so far. The mustache may be a little much, but come on, this is not as bad as some of you are making it out to be.

I don't see what's so terrible about this release. The mustache is over painted but that's a more minor problem, I'm sure it can be fixed by removing a little of the paint there if it's too much of an issue. Small body is reuse from previous Wolvies, we knew that from the previews. Bone claws look fine either way.
I think it turned out great from what I've seen so far. :dunno

I preordered mine and can't wait to get him, the best Wolverine HT has done to date.

If this is the best Wolvie HT has done, I really don't want to think how ugly the "worst" one is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this is the best Wolvie HT has done, I really don't want to think how ugly the "worst" one is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya want Ugly?
TheWolverine91_zps562d2c0c.jpg~original

Looks good enough for me. No complaints. Can't wait. Some people will use any excuse not to pick up a figure they really want. 😉

Here are the other blogger pictures to get a different look at the figure compared to OMG's style. Might help sway members on making a decision.

Elljay - Part 1

DSC05573%E5%89%AF%E6%9C%AC.jpg

DSC05574%E5%89%AF%E6%9C%AC.jpg

DSC05581%C3%A5%C2%89%C2%AF%C3%A6%C2%9C%C2%AC.jpg

DSC05582%E5%89%AF%E6%9C%AC.jpg

DSC05596%E5%89%AF%E6%9C%AC.jpg

DSC05602%E5%89%AF%E6%9C%AC.jpg

DSC05609%E5%89%AF%E6%9C%AC.jpg

DSC05613%E5%89%AF%E6%9C%AC.jpg

DSC05618%E5%89%AF%E6%9C%AC.jpg

DSC05627%E5%89%AF%E6%9C%AC.jpg

Can't upload **** Po's since his name in the link is causing it to come out as a curse word.

They fixed Spideys broken shoulder. That was quality control whereas this is preference, but they could paint it lighter for future batches

Like I said in the OMG thread; In the past Hot Toys has put a halt to production and made a correction on unsatisfactory paint before, I don't know why they won't do it here.

I don't actually see a whole lot of Hugh Jackman in that sculpt. But that's also a big selling point for me too.

Like I said in the OMG thread; In the past Hot Toys has put a halt to production and made a correction on unsatisfactory paint before, I don't know why they won't do it here.

How far into production did they do that?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Is it just me who thinks the prototype headsculpt looks better? I don't really see hugh jackman on the released figure. I wonder of they tweaked the headsculpt or what not.

How far into production did they do that?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

It was the Terminator Salvation John Conner figure. They stopped production just before release and redid the paint apps:
Hot Toys said:
This figure is the first product to use a hard PVC material which the texture looks closer to a life-like human’s face, and able to present the details of the face sculpture perfectly. Even more, you may also see the final painting on these pieces is improved a lot by comparing on the first-run headsculpt, this is because our Art Director in Chief - JC Hong has been supervising the final paint-work in the factory throughout the month!
jh5z.jpg

Admittedly Wolverine doesn't look as bad as that, but it shows they will try to fix issues up until the last minute.

Back