Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420859048.411459.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1420859059.060899.jpg

A bit new to Hot Toys and was thinking of picking this guy up. I know Sideshow just got a shipment in from Hot Toys, but is there any reason I would want a '2nd Generation' figure over a 'First Generation figure'? (If that makes sense. :confused:) I don't know enough about Hot Toys to know if the quality is the even across the board, gets better over time, or if there's a 'slack off' period - as the figure nears the end of production. I mean I could get an older one from BBTS or a newer one from Sideshow...

Any advice? Any reason to think they're different?

Thanks for the pictures, too everyone. I really think this guy looks great! :)

A bit new to Hot Toys and was thinking of picking this guy up. I know Sideshow just got a shipment in from Hot Toys, but is there any reason I would want a '2nd Generation' figure over a 'First Generation figure'? (If that makes sense. :confused:) I don't know enough about Hot Toys to know if the quality is the even across the board, gets better over time, or if there's a 'slack off' period - as the figure nears the end of production. I mean I could get an older one from BBTS or a newer one from Sideshow...

Get the one from SIdeShow, the have it on sale.
And this figure is worth every $$$$, no issues at al in any of the 1st or last releases.

If you can wait a few months then I would say pick up the DOFP version. Marvel Wolverine Sixth Scale Figure by Hot Toys | Sideshow Collectibles

I hope the DOFP sculpt will fit on this body. I plan on getting the sculpt when it's parted out, sticking it on The Wolverine body and then getting his 70's outfit that one of those 1/6 clothing companies are releasing later this year. The jacket, flannel shirt and jeans.

I hope the DOFP sculpt will fit on this body. I plan on getting the sculpt when it's parted out, sticking it on The Wolverine body and then getting his 70's outfit that one of those 1/6 clothing companies are releasing later this year. The jacket, flannel shirt and jeans.

Thats what I am gonna do with the new DOFP Wolverine...
More picsImageUploadedByTapatalk1421348582.497622.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1421348596.529513.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1421348605.896916.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1421348660.951841.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1421348682.470594.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1421348737.275637.jpg

I could certainly wait, though I might be in the minority here in that I actually prefer the way this version looks. The likeness is a bit better on the DOFP version, but it's also older-looking, which I don't like. (Especially for a character that's not really supposed to age, lol.)

Me too Joda. I like how Logan looked in The Wolverine. The all black suit and shorter tidy hair cut was a fresh look for him. That's why even though the head sculpt is a bit off I still bought him.

Hey guys I need some help from some experts here. I am about to purchase one of these guys and was going to kit out a second body to display the tank top outfit. After doing some research it seems like the ACI Bruce body is best. Now, here's the thing: Is the Latin Bruce body a better match for the headsculpt or is it the caucasian bruce body? Also, wondering about the modern life headsculpt, which color body does it match best? Thanks guys!

PS: Anybody with a good coat solution to simulate Wolverine's brown furry coat from the snow fight? Bane's coat doesn't really do the job in my opinion.

Hey guys I need some help from some experts here. I am about to purchase one of these guys and was going to kit out a second body to display the tank top outfit. After doing some research it seems like the ACI Bruce body is best. Now, here's the thing: Is the Latin Bruce body a better match for the headsculpt or is it the caucasian bruce body? Also, wondering about the modern life headsculpt, which color body does it match best? Thanks guys!

PS: Anybody with a good coat solution to simulate Wolverine's brown furry coat from the snow fight? Bane's coat doesn't really do the job in my opinion.

This is the Latin tone. The arms aren't this pale in person but there's a notable difference. The chest matches perfectly with the head though.

The Pop Toys version is great... Much better than the other one I linked to. This outfit combined with DOFP sculpt would make an awesome Wolverine.
99bf4b3f4fa87f72a8fd69e1c1e6687d.jpg

That looks like it would be nice with bigger body. Can't wait for the DOFP Wolverine though. For now I'm content with my Wolverine.

Back