Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is their customer service if there is any issue. Also while ca tax is avoided you do get points from sideshow so like difference would be 5 bucks or so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BBTS customer service is top notch. They have dealt with any issue I've had, and I've had a few (never their fault), in a quick and agreeable manner.

Yeah, not seeing any real problems with the sculpt.

My only problem is the hair. It looks dumb. While it's movie accurate, I thought it looked dumb in the movie. I wish we got this he ad sculpt with the Origins hair, the one movie where they didn't try and make his hair mimic too intensely the mask they will never let Hugh Jackman wear in a film.

BBTS customer service is top notch. They have dealt with any issue I've had, and I've had a few (never their fault), in a quick and agreeable manner.

But they dont have a cs phone number right. Usually do you email them or?

What a shame charging $220 for this because I do like it. Alas, not at this price for a guy in a suit with a pair of claw hands. Oh, sorry. TWO. I remember when this would've cost $140-160....(sigh)

Some of us pay 18 dollar tax on it. So pls dont even rub it in.

I'm not taking into account taxes, about the only thing that is great about ordering from SSC is that there's flat rare shipping, otherwise I'm be paying $20+ just to ship before taxes

just seems to me $225 is a bit high even for HT standards, just was wondering if it has anything to do with likeness rights

I'm not taking into account taxes, about the only thing that is great about ordering from SSC is that there's flat rare shipping, otherwise I'm be paying $20+ just to ship before taxes

just seems to me $225 is a bit high even for HT standards, just was wondering if it has anything to do with likeness rights

It is high. I agree and i see that people including me are buying. This means rates will continue to increase and which also means, sooner rather than later i will be off the hobby. Beyond a point its too much money being sucked in!

Pre-Ordered through BBTS. So excited for this I've been waiting for Hot Toys to release this! Amazing head sculpt and not sure why the shock for the Price point. We get more with this than the X3 Wolverine that was released with higher price point. "Which I still need to pick up" so excited for next year!

Some of us pay 18 dollar tax on it. So pls dont even rub it in.

This does look like the best Wolverine from Hot Toys yet. I already have the Origins and X-Men 3 versions, so I'll probably skip.

Some of it has to do with getting the rights to the film for sure, but it's really all a matter of what you're willing to pay. Most people say it's a shock when HT releases something for $189.99 now. And I can guarantee that all the Phase 2 Marvel figures for Avengers and the rest of their stuff will be $200+, so this is going to be the average now I'd say.

Is it justifiable? Well, that depends on the person buying. If anything, it simply makes the buyer choose what he/she wants more carefully, instead of just saying, "That looks cool!" /preorder for everything that pops up.

Personally, I loved the movie and LOVE Samurai themed figures. I was actually debating the Marvel Legends figure of this (I know, laugh away!) because I didn't think they were going to make one. That was last week, and I held off because I wanted to be sure. Low and behold, this was released today and I'm pumped. I think it looks awesome, and I LOVE both outfits.

So it's really a matter of how much you love the figure to justify the cost. I'm not rich by any means, so this is definitely a lot of money; however, this would be the one Wolverine figure I'd buy and so I'd be happy with that. If you feel the same, then by all means go for it!

There will be a Days of Future Past Wolverine, I'm sure, and it will be in and around the same price, if not more. So it's all a matter of the figure you want, the style, and how much you love the overall sculpt that should decide for you. If you think the price is out of line, then that's totally understandable too...just know that it's likely going to remain in and around this point moving forward.

This year for me with Hot Toys was not to bad. But, next year is looking to kick my ***. The Wolvie is a must buy though.

PD1380257272GfM.jpg

The hair looks amazing

Hard to believe this actor has won Tonys and performed on Broadway as well as do fantastic musicals in his career! :lol

truly one of a kind! and the best part is he loves playing Wolverine! :yess:

Back