Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine, really like it, haters gonna hate. I actually think it looks really good in the alternate outfit.

Well it looks great to me!
I tried a technique of using a Tamiya weathering set to add a beard to a MOS figure today and i like the result too.
I like how you made the lips look stubbled rather that whiskered.
Well done.

I'm having trouble coloring the lips...

I'm having trouble coloring the lips...

I meant the upper lip area.
As for colouring the lips, it shouldn't be too hard to mix a colour of paint to match normal male lips.
Just check your other figures to get the colour.
If in doubt, you could always take a headsculpt to a makeup counter in a department store and get one of the gals there to colour match some lipstick of the right shade, lol. And you will be able to brush that on and off if you don't like it.

I meant the upper lip area.
As for colouring the lips, it shouldn't be too hard to mix a colour of paint to match normal male lips.
Just check your other figures to get the colour.
If in doubt, you could always take a headsculpt to a makeup counter in a department store and get one of the gals there to colour match some lipstick of the right shade, lol. And you will be able to brush that on and off if you don't like it.

I know in theory it shouldn't be too hard but it keeps looking like lipstick lol.

I think I'll pass on taking it to a makeup counter lol might be more embarrassing than its worth

I know in theory it shouldn't be too hard but it keeps looking like lipstick lol.

I think I'll pass on taking it to a makeup counter lol might be more embarrassing than its worth

The girls on that counter will have incredible expertise though. If you have a headsculpt with you with *the shade you are looking for*, and explain the lipstick isn't for you, lol, then what's to be embarrassed about?
Male lips are usually a very earthy tone. But it's hard to colour match without expert help.
And if you CAN get it colour matched, then it will be easier to mix a paint that will be the perfect shade at some stage.

The girls on that counter will have incredible expertise though. If you have a headsculpt with you with *the shade you are looking for*, and explain the lipstick isn't for you, lol, then what's to be embarrassed about?
Male lips are usually a very earthy tone. But it's hard to colour match without expert help.
And if you CAN get it colour matched, then it will be easier to mix a paint that will be the perfect shade at some stage.

:lol excuse me miss, could you help me pick the right shade of lipstick for my doll:rotfl

Well it looks great to me!
I tried a technique of using a Tamiya weathering set to add a beard to a MOS figure today and i like the result too.
I like how you made the lips look stubbled rather that whiskered.
Well done.

Interesting. Will be looking forward to seeing that one completed.

Just got mine today! Unfortunately there are some issues with the paint applications on right hand so I had to contact sideshow for a replacement
e9a6u7a2.jpg
qupune7y.jpg

Also this guy looks pretty BA next to the rock
yhymu4aj.jpg
vasysuqa.jpg

Also the headsculpt looks a lot better in person. The mustache looks more like stubble IMO. The body is not bad but it could be a lot better. So far I am definitely favoring the brown pants and tank top look. The overcoat looks ridiculous to me because of all of the layers building up on such a small figure.
jyduhyve.jpg
y2uzu4y4.jpg

Somebody give this Chinese Wolverine a sandwich please !!

not a big fan of the bane body, he just looks fat tbh....
what i found could be the problem with the current body is the neck, it may be a bit too long, but i'm not sure.

Back