1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pre-ordered both. Can't wait. These are grails for me.

Sideshow is one of the few companies that will ship to Australia so our options are very limited.

It sucks that their Reward Points take 40 days to roll over. What's wrong with being accessible once the item has shipped?

I'm stoked for those that will be able to get a '66 Batmobile. Roll on April 2014!

Pre-ordered both. Can't wait. These are grails for me.

Sideshow is one of the few companies that will ship to Australia so our options are very limited.

It sucks that their Reward Points take 40 days to roll over. What's wrong with being accessible once the item has shipped?

I'm stoked for those that will be able to get a '66 Batmobile. Roll on April 2014!

There are plenty of options Stubble! Just about every US store will ship to OZ, and there are plenty of SE-Asian stores that will also. I'm just tossing up going with amiami and saving $50-80 over sideshow. And reward points take time to roll over to avoid their allocation in the event of a return or refund.

Pre ordered both. So excited!

I agree with those that are saying Robin looks slightly better than Bats. But only slightly. I had Megos of these guys when I was a kid, and always thought the Mego Robin was the better figure. Anyway, the Megos are long gone. Bring on the Hot Toys! (and the Batmobile)

There are plenty of options Stubble! Just about every US store will ship to OZ, and there are plenty of SE-Asian stores that will also. I'm just tossing up going with amiami and saving $50-80 over sideshow. And reward points take time to roll over to avoid their allocation in the event of a return or refund.

Thanks LeJuan.

I'll look into it. Last time I got a quote from Alter Ego their shipping was twice the price of Sideshow.

Cheers mate.

Thanks LeJuan.

I'll look into it. Last time I got a quote from Alter Ego their shipping was twice the price of Sideshow.

Cheers mate.

Sideshow gets a discounted rate through FedEx, which is why their shipping is so much cheaper than other US stores. A few stores like BBTS allow you to stash orders over a period of time and have them shipped together, which makes them more attractive in a lot of cases - especially when sideshow's item price is 5-10% higher. In this case though the sets are the same price at most US stores it seems, so sideshow is the best US option for these.

Re: Hot Toys-MMS 219-Batman: Classic TV Series-Robin 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

This is the hot toys I've always wanted! This will be my holy grail piece. Ever since i was a kid Robin has always been my favorite character and it being Richard Grayson in the original Robin costume has got me super excited!!! I'm getting 2 at least:yess:

THIS!!!!! :yess:

Sideshow gets a discounted rate through FedEx, which is why their shipping is so much cheaper than other US stores. A few stores like BBTS allow you to stash orders over a period of time and have them shipped together, which makes them more attractive in a lot of cases - especially when sideshow's item price is 5-10% higher. In this case though the sets are the same price at most US stores it seems, so sideshow is the best US option for these.

The reason SS is cheap is they don't pack in another box. There is that option, but another $10. So $20 for shipping. Where other places packing the shipment is included.

Re: Hot Toys-MMS 218-Batman(1966)-Batman 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Prices are the same across the board everywhere...Cornerstorecomics has them same price as Sideshow

Eh try again. AFX has Batman for 188, cheaper than what SS wants for Robin. Oh and Robin is 174 at same place.

Re: Hot Toys-MMS 218-Batman(1966)-Batman 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

up_2.jpg

swearrrr to meeeee!!!!!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B42PmQq88p0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B42PmQq88p0[/ame]

I just ordered through Popcultcha.

A bit more expensive but with the exchange rate and free shipping I think it should work out the same. Just got really really burnt with shipping with SS once and do not want to go through that again.

Anyway so looking forward to these been watching it on Foxtel so many memories as a child. Now bring on the Batmobile and Batgirl.:yess::yess:

Pre ordered last night , as an "old timer" cannot wait for these , loved the show when it aired , bring on the villains

Pre-orders have gone up on Mother's Basement & Collectable Kitbash for UK sellers. Waiting for OSB to announce their preorder price!

Does anyone know if Collectable Kitbash & Mother's Basement have delays? I have never pre-ordered from either before.

I have heard that OSB are the best when it comes to release dates?

Well what can I say that has not already been said about these figures? I got into 1:6 collecting because of our appreciation of James Bond (thank you SSC), many years ago, and that's how it all started.

But the truth is, it has only been over the last 2-3 years that all my personal grail figures have been a reality. And this comes from the man that was the boy that collected as many of the MEGO 8" figures as his pocket money would allow...who had his mother make new costumes for them. But my favourites were always Batman & Robin, Superman, Spiderman and the Avengers. Now thanks to Hot Toys (and others of course) we have the likes of the '89 BATMAN, possibly the best HT figure ever - certainly one of the best - and a Chris Reeve Superman, Maguire Spiderman and so on.

But as a BAT fan, I have always had a special place in my heart for the '66 Dynamic Duo. Someone in an earlier post used exactly the correct phrase...I feel a comforting warmth inside knowing that such a strong part of my childhood in now on the way in a quality I would have never thought possible as an 11 year old boy. These figures and the I mentioned above remind me that the child inside me is still alive.

But as a BAT fan, I have always had a special place in my heart for the '66 Dynamic Duo. Someone in an earlier post used exactly the correct phrase...I feel a comforting warmth inside knowing that such a strong part of my childhood in now on the way in a quality I would have never thought possible as an 11 year old boy. These figures and the I mentioned above remind me that the child inside me is still alive.

Totally agree Daron. This is the show that got me into the Batman franchise, I remember watching repeats on a Saturday afternoon.

Now finally I will have all three generations of the caped crusader in my collection!

Where did you pre-order from Daron?

Back