1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batman seems like the better deal, but his body proportions seem a little off. They both look kinda pudgy and swollen. I don't see what the problem is considering they pulled off the Reeve Superman. The knee thing sort of sucks as well.
Yeah, it's frustrating.

The belt needs to be bigger too - that's why West looks the way he does in the costume; ribs jutting out over the top of it. I'm not that thrilled about how the cape looks done up around his neck either, but maybe that'll just be a matter of some focused futzing..

Seems like they could have added a thin rubber sheath or something over the legs to keep the knees from being so noticeable. That's really my only criticism.
Yeah, the knee joints do look obvious. I'm not sold on the elbow joints either. They've obviously gone with the double jointed ones, as opposed to the ball socket type - which would've been a MUCH better idea IMO.

I think I'll be getting both. I actually prefer how Robin looks (minus those elbows and the thick legs).

Batman seems like the better deal, but his body proportions seem a little off. They both look kinda pudgy and swollen. I don't see what the problem is considering they pulled off the Reeve Superman. The knee thing sort of sucks as well.

These also seem like the type of Hot Toys figures that will be heavily discounted after awhile, so that plus the "low" MSRPs make these a no brainer.

If there is any left to discount. These probably will sell out before then. I wouldn't wait to see if they will be discounted.

Yay Merge. :clap

My first flex pay for Robin was taken today... Boy, they didn't waste anytime did they? :lol

Loads of stores have friendly exchange/return policies, you just have to read their their FAQ & policies page to find out exactly where you stand. I won't buy from any store that won't cover return shipping on a return for instance. I haven't heard of SSC actually replacing parts - but exchange for full sets or part and full refunds yes.

SSC do actually replace parts that are damaged on some figues if they have that part. I know because they did with some of mines.

Yay Merge. :clap

My first flex pay for Robin was taken today... Boy, they didn't waste anytime did they? :lol
Honestly I'll be okay with Sideshow taking payments right away for one of the figures if that's the case. A lot of stuff is coming my way early next year (providing there aren't delays) so breaking up the payments more works for me.

Batman flex payment s will not begin until February. Strange that they both of an ETA of April 2014... Maybe the ETA on Robin is wrong and he will be here before Christmas. :pray:
Must have been a mistake. Didn't put in my order yet (am going to in a bit) and both are on the February, March, April schedule.

God, I hope not. The one saving grace that these figures had that pushed me over the edge (for right now, anyway) is that I wouldn't have to pay until next year. That, combined with the reasonable pricing, and the fact that they're absolutely ****ing amazingly awesomely amazing, pretty much sealed the deal in a matter of minutes.:lol

God, I hope not. The one saving grace that these figures had that pushed me over the edge (for right now, anyway) is that I wouldn't have to pay until next year. That, combined with the reasonable pricing, and the fact that they're absolutely ****ing amazingly awesomely amazing, pretty much sealed the deal in a matter of minutes.:lol
I actually sort of wish one was coming this year. I have two other figures on order one of which (Tony Stark "The Mechanic") comes out at the same time and is on the same schedule as these two and the other (Man of Steel Superman) will end when the first payment starts. It would have been nice to have had it broken up a bit as those three months will be a little spendy :lol. Oh well.

True. They may not be buff compared to today's standards, but Adam West was no way fat when he was Batman.

some-ppl-have-no-sense-of-humor-u-know-who-u-r.jpg

Unless this release is different from every other release then chances are they'll come back up at BBTS.

Back