Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for
Supes boots,
zod black suit
Supes blue suit (no cape is ok)
please pm me if you have some for sale.

Last edited:
. Thanks a lot! Your pictures look great. That close up of the face, wow!

A few more updates. Have both lower legs done (though only one shown in the picture). Starting work on the thigh armor... It's very difficult with the shape of the thigh, though!

Will you be re casting this?

Will you be re casting this?

That's the idea! I was planning on making the prototype out of Sculpey, as you can see so far, then making casts for a final. Since I would have molds for the final, I could cast it multiple times if people are interested. I am still working on it but work has slowed down a bit since the Spring/Summer weather has arrived and I am finding myself with a little less time indoors to work on it. I will continue to update with progress, though, as I have several people interested:).

Hey fellas, I found a jor-el on taobao for a little over $100 USD. I'm very close to getting it, but I wanna know before hand if there are bootlegs of this figure. The seller has a decent rating...but still, I wanna be sure.

For what it's worth, I've never seen a bootleg of him or any of the other MOS figures. Only bootlegs I've seen are the head sculpts.

For what it's worth, I've never seen a bootleg of him or any of the other MOS figures. Only bootlegs I've seen are the head sculpts.

Agreed... lots of recast sculpts out there, but never seen an actual bootleg. The MoS figures were offered at amazing discounts on Sideshow a couple of times so there are often these figures for really good prices floating around out there.

Sideshow gave some away for free if you ordered Superman a few weeks back, so I'm not surprised to see him selling for so cheap on the secondary market. I'm don't think bootleggers are interested in remaking a figure with low demand like this one.

Agreed... lots of recast sculpts out there, but never seen an actual bootleg. The MoS figures were offered at amazing discounts on Sideshow a couple of times so there are often these figures for really good prices floating around out there.

Definitely good deals to be had if you just keep your eyes open. I got the whole MOS set (all three figures) for $300 on ebay (plus $15 for shipping --> $105 per figure). The seller only had the MOS box pictured, so no one else placed any bids.

Awesome custom Jor El armor, BTW!! Really looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Hey fellas, I found a jor-el on taobao for a little over $100 USD. I'm very close to getting it, but I wanna know before hand if there are bootlegs of this figure. The seller has a decent rating...but still, I wanna be sure.

Be aware i have seen figures(Not Jor El so far, but you never know), where people piece together the figure from parts, with a bootleg sculpt and sell it as the actual figure.
If you get pics of the figure and it looks kosher, then it's good, but if you get pics and it looks a bit iffy, it could be one of those.

Currently contemplating on getting him. One of our local stores here offered him for approx. $78 on sale.

At $78 bucks, it should be a no-brainer. Are you located in the US? If so, does the store have a second one available? I'd buy him for that price, as I still need him!

If anyone is interested, I was browsing eBay and saw there's a listing for a brand new Jor-El from a US seller with a buy it now option for $110.00.

Hot Toys Jor El | eBay

Scam-O-Rama.
A seller with less than thirty feedback selling a brand new HT figure for half of retail.
If it looks too good to be true etc.

There is literally zero risk. Ebay will side with you. Getting shafted as a buyer on ebay is practically impossible.

I've bought from plenty of 0 feedback sellers without any issue.

Some people are so paranoid about ebay for some reason.... they remind me of my grandpa if I had one :lol . There is so much protection. At least for us US residents.

There is literally zero risk. Ebay will side with you. Getting shafted as a buyer on ebay is practically impossible.

I've bought from plenty of 0 feedback sellers without any issue.

Some people are so paranoid about ebay for some reason.... they remind me of my grandpa if I had one :lol . There is so much protection. At least for us US residents.

Well then, that very small percentage of the world population that lives in the USA can sleep safe in their beds that they have protection. The other 95.4% of the world population doesn't have it so easy, lol.

I'm pretty sure the ebay protection program is same everywhere, just haven't cared enough to look it up. 'murica.

Back