Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received Jor- El yesterday. Amazing looking figure in-hand (and in pics in this thread). Sculpt and outfit are top notch. He is light on accessories but i don't know what else they could have included for him in this outfit...maybe the Kelor/Kelex bot. The stand is cool but a little much for this figure and it would have been nice if they included a plain black stand with name plate. Really looking forward to Superman and Zod. The display of all three will look outstanding.

I never thought of that. That could have made a cool SS exclusive!

How does he stand next to Superman? Is he a similar height? Really disappointed with how tall Superman is. I can't find any place for him in my collection now.

So there is quite a big height difference. They still look pretty good together, but what if Zod is smaller too?

Any chance that HT will release an armored version of Jor-El?

Seems silly that they didn't do that to begin with...

Thanks very much, appreciate it! :hi5:

You won't regret ordering ordering him, it's an excellent piece.

Waut til you see it in person.Ultra real- entire figure stunning!

That's good! - seeing so many excellent photos on here helped (not that I needed that much persuading to buy another figure!) Really looking forward to receiving it now! Although after seeing that photo above I now want to get the MoS Superman to go with him!! :slap

Need some input from others who have this figure, I just got him a week ago but just noticed something last night that doesn't seem right. On his right shoulder/chest area there is about a 1/8 to 1/4 inch gap between the robe material and the chest armor plate. It is not like that on the left side. Anyone else have this on their figure? I am thinking of contacting Sideshow about it.

So I got an email from the returns department of Sideshow today. Apparently they are just sending me a replacement body. Weird part is there are instructions in the email about ensuring I destroy my figure body within 5 days of receiving the replacement part. I guess Sideshow wants to make sure I don't get a second body for free :lol. What gets me is, it's the robe that's messed up not the body, why not just send me a replacement robe. Is it that difficult to take off the body? Just kind of seems like a waste to destroy a perfectly good body over a defective robe.

I love this one. His character in the movie is awesome and the figure captures him just right IMO. When I went to buy him I was pleasantly surprised to see his going rate in the low $200. If you're on the fence about purchasing it, gotta believe you won't regret it once you see it. Box is actually very cool too. Easily the type of box one would choose to display.

Last edited:
So there is quite a big height difference. They still look pretty good together, but what if Zod is smaller too?

Zod's going to be in midair about to bring the hammer - or the I-beam - down, so that wont matter nearly as much. At least over here he will be.

I hope he is as tall as Supes, though. I really do.

I figured someone with some skills would have done the blue suit version and maybe somehow transfer the chest emblem from superman to him and painted black or even some minor tweaks. Seems like people usually start modding up a storm when a figure comes in, just surprised not to see something on this guy. Even if it was someone making slight adjustments to the robe or something.

Yeah it will be a few days before I see the UPS truck in Cobb I'm guessing.
I'm in Kennesaw and was supposed to receive two figures today:( This snow is causing chaos here! It took a friend of mine 9 hours to drive from Alpharetta to Acworth. I bet no ups till friday or even saturday due to all the delayed packages.

Yeah it has been pretty jacked up here. Several buddies stuck on 75 and 575 for the last 9 or 10 hours. Crazy.

I was pretty set on getting Superman, but now I'm not sure...I loved Crowe in the film and this figure looks incredible. However I'm slightly put off by the price tag considering the minimal accessories. So what should I get Supes or Jor?

Back