Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have MOST of what HT released in 2013.
DX13 and Mandarin are superb. They outdid themselves.
Joe El MIGHT be hands down the best figure they have done on par with these. Outstanding with the best HS you'll see. In hand the texturing, paint aps and subtle facial details are nothing short of astonishing. Pics of him posted here are really good, in hand it is so much better in natural light. Just realistic as a 12 inch Crowe standing in front of you.
If you are on the fence about this- buy it. :yess:

gyjugady.jpg

It has arrived at last! Mine had a bit of adhesive on the forehead but it was easy to rub off. The figure itself is impressive and Crowe likeness is definitely there.

Happy with this purchase but quite surprised by how big the stand is.

gyjugady.jpg

It has arrived at last! Mine had a bit of adhesive on the forehead but it was easy to rub off. The figure itself is impressive and Crowe likeness is definitely there.

Mine arrives tomorrow and I can't wait!!!! :yess:
Congrats both of you! :clap

i feel like the stand is a mistake. that bendy thing is too high and if you crunch it down it takes up even more space. I didn't use it, but I am in love with the figure.

gyjugady.jpg

Mine arrived today!!!:yess: The figure is just awesome in hand. It's a figure that may seem a bit underwhelming with the lack of accessories in the prototype pics but man in hand it's just amazing. My only nitpick is the stand, sure the base is a bit big but I wish they had made that rod telescoping or something cause even bending the crap out of it still doesn't quite make it hold him well to pose in a normal standing position. Though you can do some cool flying type poses with him, he never flew in the movie.

Mine arrived today!!!:yess: The figure is just awesome in hand. It's a figure that may seem a bit underwhelming with the lack of accessories in the prototype pics but man in hand it's just amazing. My only nitpick is the stand, sure the base is a bit big but I wish they had made that rod telescoping or something cause even bending the crap out of it still doesn't quite make it hold him well to pose in a normal standing position. Though you can do some cool flying type poses with him, he never flew in the movie.

agreed :exactly: its big and the fact he comes with a dynamic stand makes no sense but oh well. And I was able to bend the pole to hold him while standing...took a little bit tho. congrats on the buy! :hi5:

Thanks DarkAngel, yeah I managed to finally get mind so he would be held but standing not levitating. I wouldn't even mind him in a semi flying pose but that rod is so tall couldn't really fit him in the Detolf:slap

I agree over all it's awesome. I am not sure how people are able to fit two in one shelf with those huge bases though. I mean you could but I think it would be kind of cockeyed and not sure how good it would look. I think they could have shaved off about 1 to 2 inches off the diameter of the base. Basically made it about the same size as the normal stands maybe slightly bigger and just have the base designed as this one is and have an interchangeable cradle and rod if you want to do flying poses.

I just really want a fully armored version Jor El though, please please please HT make it

I agree over all it's awesome. I am not sure how people are able to fit two in one shelf with those huge bases though. I mean you could but I think it would be kind of cockeyed and not sure how good it would look. I think they could have shaved off about 1 to 2 inches off the diameter of the base. Basically made it about the same size as the normal stands maybe slightly bigger and just have the base designed as this one is and have an interchangeable cradle and rod if you want to do flying poses.

I just really want a fully armored version Jor El though, please please please HT make it

I completely agree :exactly:

sometimes, I dream I could work at HT in the design team just to see how the decisions are made to make a figure a certain way instead of another. Ofcourse profit is a huge driver and materials. But on this figure for instance, they could have made him where the robe could come off for the blue under suit with embossed crest on chest and also had armor to put on him that snapped into place. By doing that, it would basically give you Three figure display options: The robe version, Entering Kodex chamber version, and final battle with Zod (armored) version. I think they could have easily got $300 for a Deluxe set like that and I am sure he'd be sold out within a month or less of being release.

While, I and many of us obviously in this thread still love this figure, I think there are many others who passed on it cause the robe version didn't appeal to them as much as the armored version or the blue under suit version. I don't see how it would have increased their cost to make the figure that much either if you consider the robe would just need a zipper for the back to remove it, the blue suit is already there and just needs the crest, then make the armor to put on him and snap into each other to hold it in place. Or they could even do like the DX07 with two bodies, one with the armored body and the other robe body that is removable and done.

What do you all think?

I agree with your Jacer. I too, would have preferred an armored version.... Or paid the extra or some extra interchangeable outfits. Don't get me wrong, the sculpt is fantastic! But overall the figure could have been even better! One reason I think HT went the route they did, is because they wanted diversity in the line. Zod is coming fully armored while Kal-El is in the blue suite. Jor-El is in the middle. Just speculation on my part. :dunno

I agree with your Jacer. I too, would have preferred an armored version.... Or paid the extra or some extra interchangeable outfits. Don't get me wrong, the sculpt is fantastic! But overall the figure could have been even better! One reason I think HT went the route they did, is because they wanted diversity in the line. Zod is coming fully armored while Kal-El is in the blue suite. Jor-El is in the middle. Just speculation on my part. :dunno

That's possible, who know's, only the people at HT know's why they went the route they did on Jor El

Back