Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was pretty set on getting Superman, but now I'm not sure...I loved Crowe in the film and this figure looks incredible. However I'm slightly put off by the price tag considering the minimal accessories. So what should I get Supes or Jor?

I would def get Superman but once you get him you'll want Jor El. And vice versa. They are meant to be paired. Jor El I think has a much harder time as a stand alone figure.

I recently bought a loose Jor El. All the parts arrived this morning. It is a gorgeous figure in hand. So glad to have it. Just need my supes to arrive now.
qu7u3yga.jpg
qebade8e.jpg

Bri

I would def get Superman but once you get him you'll want Jor El. And vice versa. They are meant to be paired. Jor El I think has a much harder time as a stand alone figure.

The advantage of living in the UK is that I can buy Jor-El from Sideshow and get Superman later when UK stores have him (April-ish).

I understand what you about him having a harder time being a stand alone, but check out this awesome photo:
DSC_5242_zpsa1152631.jpg

He doesn't look as dependent on Supes being next to him now! :rock

Very cool! I have Jor - El and he will probably be my only MoS figure for a while. I like Crowe and he was my favorite part of the movie I think. Kind of luke warm at the moment about the Superman figure.

The advantage of living in the UK is that I can buy Jor-El from Sideshow and get Superman later when UK stores have him (April-ish).

I understand what you about him having a harder time being a stand alone, but check out this awesome photo:
View attachment 91114

He doesn't look as dependent on Supes being next to him now! :rock

What an awesome pose! Too bad he didn't come with his battle armor! That would have been perfect!

I just thought how awesome would it be if they did a suit up gantry for Jor-El? It could come with this figure, individual armour plates and the machine that puts his armour on just before he fights Zod.

It would sell out instantly.

That is a great pose but not once is that even remotely like anything that happened in the film. Any ways. Got mine yesterday and the head sculpt is fantastic. The whole figure is bare bones but like I said I got him just to go with Superman and Zod later.

Yes. Crappy iphone pics but yeah. Will take better ones once Superman arrives next week.

Oh yeah and the stand is pretty much useless with this figure. I have no idea why they gave him such a tall stand. He did some jumping...but no flying.

Anyone on the fence, AlrerEgo has a code for the Superbowl.

Man of Steel: Jor-El 1:6 Scale Figure
Save $44.00!
$175.99 with coupon code:
sbs902054

I just thought how awesome would it be if they did a suit up gantry for Jor-El? It could come with this figure, individual armour plates and the machine that puts his armour on just before he fights Zod.

It would sell out instantly.

That's a cool idea. It could kind of be like the batman armory where the armored suit can double as a figure when you attach the head

Anyone on the fence, AlrerEgo has a code for the Superbowl.

Man of Steel: Jor-El 1:6 Scale Figure
Save $44.00!
$175.99 with coupon code:
sbs902054

Wow that's a great price! I might get The Mechanic since he's also for sale

Mime Joker $183.99 and Mandarin $171.99 have to use coupon codes though I believe. I'm only phone so maybe some else has posted it on their respective threads

^^^ Whoa, I didn't even know they were twitting, didn't get any twits except one about the superbowl today.... Anyways, congrats!

Thanks! It wasn't Susan on the regular SSC account, it was Mistress of the Web. Gave away three Superman figures and I got Jor El. Better chances of winning with her, she has a lot fewer followers.

Darn it! I missed the Super Bowl deal. I was too busy yesterday with house guests and the game itself and never got a chance to visit here yesterday! Oh well. :banghead

Back