Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sometimes, I dream I could work at HT in the design team just to see how the decisions are made to make a figure a certain way instead of another. Ofcourse profit is a huge driver and materials. But on this figure for instance, they could have made him where the robe could come off for the blue under suit with embossed crest on chest and also had armor to put on him that snapped into place. By doing that, it would basically give you Three figure display options: The robe version, Entering Kodex chamber version, and final battle with Zod (armored) version. I think they could have easily got $300 for a Deluxe set like that and I am sure he'd be sold out within a month or less of being release.

While, I and many of us obviously in this thread still love this figure, I think there are many others who passed on it cause the robe version didn't appeal to them as much as the armored version or the blue under suit version. I don't see how it would have increased their cost to make the figure that much either if you consider the robe would just need a zipper for the back to remove it, the blue suit is already there and just needs the crest, then make the armor to put on him and snap into each other to hold it in place. Or they could even do like the DX07 with two bodies, one with the armored body and the other robe body that is removable and done.

What do you all think?

Ya I agree. This is seriously an underrated figure and if it had come with a little something special I'm sure they would of had a lot more buyers. Solid point sir.

So for those of us dealing with this base and rod for Jor El, I found a pretty good way to have Jor El stand with the rod bent to hold him without showing or bent off to the side. Forgive me, if everyone has already figured this out, I just got mine a week ago and haven't had time to mess with the best pose for him yet. One thing good about this pose too is it gives that appearance like his cape is blowing in the wind. The rod is totally concealed from the front view. Hope you all like it!:wave

So for those of us dealing with this base and rod for Jor El, I found a pretty good way to have Jor El stand with the rod bent to hold him without showing or bent off to the side. Forgive me, if everyone has already figured this out, I just got mine a week ago and haven't had time to mess with the best pose for him yet. One thing good about this pose too is it gives that appearance like his cape is blowing in the wind. The rod is totally concealed from the front view. Hope you all like it!:wave

How about a front view?

Some nice photos on here :clap, and such a great sculpt.... I am really tempted to get this figure! Damn you Hot Toys! :gah:

Need some input from others who have this figure, I just got him a week ago but just noticed something last night that doesn't seem right. On his right shoulder/chest area there is about a 1/8 to 1/4 inch gap between the robe material and the chest armor plate. It is not like that on the left side. Anyone else have this on their figure? I am thinking of contacting Sideshow about it.

Last edited:
Is it that one straight line that you're concerned about? mine doesn't have it

yeah if you look at it close, it's a separation between the robe material and the chest armor. I looked at the other side and it's not like that and seems to be attached so I don't know if it was tailored short or came undone or what. I tried to use a pair of tweezers to put it back up under the chest armor but there is no slack at all which makes me think it was cut improperly when assembling this figure.

yeah if you look at it close, it's a separation between the robe material and the chest armor. I looked at the other side and it's not like that and seems to be attached so I don't know if it was tailored short or came undone or what. I tried to use a pair of tweezers to put it back up under the chest armor but there is no slack at all which makes me think it was cut improperly when assembling this figure.

Mine does not have that issue as well. As you mentioned, definitely something with the robe. You can see on the left side how the gold piping on his robe bends towards the corner of the "S" shield. Not so on your right area of concern.

very true Kai808 it is obviously a tailoring issue. Well I have let Sideshow so we'll see how it goes. I don't really want to ship him off and wait for the replacement. I hate waiting, especially with the waiting issues for the Man of steel and the celtic predator!!!!:gah:

….I hate waiting, especially with the waiting issues for the Man of steel and the celtic predator!!!!:gah:

My sentiments exaclty. I only recently got into 1/6 scale figs with the new Predator sculpts. Man of Steel Supes and Celtic are killing me waiting for those to arrive.

Hope it works out smoothly for you on Jor-El.

CE677D66-CABA-4252-8418-A0AC9EAB2D69_zpsbi24ouib.jpg

036ED62D-D675-4662-B4E9-DA9F1820D066_zps9ubcs2q2.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome photos once again paramoremcr88!! They always look so much like professional promo shots!! :clap

Finally caved in and ordered this piece :slap Such an excellent sculpt, I suppose it would be rude not too! :lol

My sentiments exaclty. I only recently got into 1/6 scale figs with the new Predator sculpts. Man of Steel Supes and Celtic are killing me waiting for those to arrive.

Hope it works out smoothly for you on Jor-El.

Thanks, I'll keep everyone updated on the situation.

Received Jor- El yesterday. Amazing looking figure in-hand (and in pics in this thread). Sculpt and outfit are top notch. He is light on accessories but i don't know what else they could have included for him in this outfit...maybe the Kelor/Kelex bot. The stand is cool but a little much for this figure and it would have been nice if they included a plain black stand with name plate. Really looking forward to Superman and Zod. The display of all three will look outstanding.

Last edited:
Awesome photos once again paramoremcr88!! They always look so much like professional promo shots!! :clap

Finally caved in and ordered this piece :slap Such an excellent sculpt, I suppose it would be rude not too! :lol

Thanks very much, appreciate it! :hi5:

You won't regret ordering ordering him, it's an excellent piece.

Waut til you see it in person.Ultra real- entire figure stunning!

Back