Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what you mean by this.
The colour of the base?
You could very easily dry-brush on some highlights.
I will offer this on the Jor El base i am making.

Yes I was referring to the color scheme of the base, it's a little dark imo. Good to know you'll be offering custom colors on your bases :yess:

Yes I was referring to the color scheme of the base, it's a little dark imo. Good to know you'll be offering custom colors on your bases :yess:

Good news.
My friend Matt with the laser cutter reckons its doable.
I am going with a 175mm width for the base(The width of the widest part of the S-shield).
If anyone reckons that's too wide, let me know.
It'll be about this size when done:

1AD4DC9A-2271-4AA8-8A10-F4404B1B0672.jpg

403D77B9-6F27-425E-9111-50D6B053DB2B_1.jpg

Would probably be interested in a Supes and Jor El stand myself. Can see that the stand included is just way too big. Not sure why they can't bother including the regular black stand.

I am considering a new approach for the Man Of Steel bases.
I am in talks with a friend of mine who has a laser cutter to see if he can laser etch the chainmail pattern into a sheet of styrene before i cut the shape out.
That way the bases would all have the chainmail pattern in them.
I'll let you know how it goes.

I also did a quick PS mockup of the Zod symbol with the background pattern tiled on.
Not sure if the pattern is too small.

Zodpatterntiledontheshield.jpg
:panic:
maaaaan...and I just ordered some decals from EvilFace for regular HT stands too. :( :lol

:panic:
maaaaan...and I just ordered some decals from EvilFace for regular HT stands too. :( :lol

This will take a few weeks to get together, even if Matt can do the artwork right away.
The last job i had him do was to laser etch my best man speech from my Brother's wedding onto a sheet of 2-layer perspex(You choose the colours, i chose black on top and gold beneath, so when the laser removes the top layer, it exposes the gold underneath).
Here's what it looked like:
https://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g19/All_the_good_usernames_are_taken/IMG_6378.jpg
It took a couple of days to put together and then i got it framed.
When i hear back from Matt, i will post his comments here.
It shouldn't take too long.
I also asked him about doing the version from the movie poster, perhaps as an alternative to Superman or Jor El. Anyone prefer that version? with the swoopy motif?

Right on Barry :clap

Will 3 of your custom stands fit on 1 Detolf shelf? (Say a 2 in the back and 1 up front configuration)

I am waiting for one of those great customizers out there to get busy on taking on of these , stripping off the robe and sculpting some leg and torso armor to make an armored version. Perhaps Serang will do a armor kit or something;)

I am waiting for one of those great customizers out there to get busy on taking on of these , stripping off the robe and sculpting some leg and torso armor to make an armored version. Perhaps Serang will do a armor kit or something;)

Hope HT does a fully armored Jor El myself, it would be cheaper and just as good if not better.

just a quick and silly thought, but if they had done Zod before Superman then Jor El's promise would be absolutely true….
My Son will finish what we have started LOL! Collectors MOS collection!!!

Back