Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been quoted plenty of times already, but wow, this is an amazing shot!

seriously!!! It looks ridiculously life-like!!! the way the skin came out with this lighting...just awesome. Didn't need a fancy set up either, just a really great pic. if you didnt know it was a 1/6 figure, could almost think its really a photo of Russell standing in a room.

great pic Gipetto!!!

Looks like a screenshot! Impressive! :clap

It's been quoted plenty of times already, but wow, this is an amazing shot!

seriously!!! It looks ridiculously life-like!!! the way the skin came out with this lighting...just awesome. Didn't need a fancy set up either, just a really great pic. if you didnt know it was a 1/6 figure, could almost think its really a photo of Russell standing in a room.

great pic Gipetto!!!

Thanks fellas. :hi5: hopefully I can capture Cavill in the same way :pray:

Video Review of Hot Toys MMS201 Jor-El from the 2013 Movie 'Man of Steel'.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpLiaSQi-vE&feature=c4-overview&list=UUROf_lOxJO7P6ta0oxNwf9Q[/ame]

With the first release from the Man of Steel line, Hot Toys has once again, done a fantastic job.
First things first, Jor-El does not photograph well, more specifically his head sculpt. The sculpt tends to appear very shiny and has a unnatural gloss. Also a distant stare which to some will be off putting. But in hand the sculpt is quite well done. The hair and imperfections are great.

The Suit and tailoring are fantastic, though I would have preferred a fully armoured version of Jor-El. Not only has he got a very well done set of robes and a brilliantly sculpted chest and shoulder armour piece which is a highlight of the figure. The figure also has a nicely pleated and wired cape. Under the robes is a fully Blue Kryptonian suit, Similar to the One the Kal-El wears minus the Symbol of the house of El. The robes are removable via a rear zip, though a advise great caution if doing so.

Articulation is Fairly good, ankles still function due to the flexibility in the under suit. And the Body has double jointed knees and elbows. The shoulder articulation is limited due to the armour but no major issue.

Accessory count is low but this is made up with the inclusion of a fantastic Flight stand in the shape of the shield of the house of El. Rather than the typical pole and clip the stand has a highly articulated metal pole in similar fashion to the articulated desk lamps. It is very strong and will easily hold standard 1/6 scale figures. The only issue with the stand is the size, it takes up most of a detolf shelf. It's around the same size as the new goblin stand. The figure also comes with standard assortment of hands and a nicely sculpted kryptonian rifle. Hot Toys also added the Kryptonian Codex from the film. The item was not in the original solicitations from Hot Toys so it's a nice addition and surprise.

The Jor-El figure is great and well worth picking up. Don't pass on it due to being released before Kal-El (Superman) or you may regret it later.
Hot Toys Have done a great job of capturing Russell Crowes likeness, It's well worth add to any collectors collection.

Full Gallery Here:
https://kalelreviews.wordpress.com/2013/12/09/hot-toys-mms201-jor-el-video-review-and-gallery/

Gahh my local comic book store makes this look so tempting, but I'm sticking with Supes.

Where did you get that from? The shipper box looks pretty banged up.

I got it from SSC. I forgot to pack it out. I wont that same mistake with Superman's shipment.

Looks like it was fired into orbit from China.
But on the plus side, as long as the figure is fine, the shipper doesn't matter.

I hope its in great shape. My old lady wouldnt let me check it out for any QC problems.

Looks like every shipper i get from sideshow...

If you dont pack out this how the packages always come in. MoS Superman will not have this issue though. Ill make sure to add a pack out with my two figures when they start to ship out.

You'll be alright.
That's what the shipper is for. To take the knocks and scrapes so the interior box doesn't have to.

I'm sure it will be. There's always that chance though. Fingers crossed!

On a separate note though. I need to make a trip to my nearest IKEA. need to buy a new Detolf case. It's gonna be strictly Superman/Man of Steel items. Have a slue of items. Including this...

I'm sure it will be. There's always that chance though. Fingers crossed!

On a separate note though. I need to make a trip to my nearest IKEA. need to buy a new Detolf case. It's gonna be strictly Superman/Man of Steel items. Have a slue of items. Including this...

That's great. Where did you get that?

On the subject of Detolfs, they are coming back into stock in all the Ikea stores after being out of stock for a month.
I was going across to Ikea on tuesday last week to buy one as a chistmas gift for my brother.
I checked stock the night before and they had 10 in stock. On the way there, i checked stock again and this was showing:

photo_1.jpg

I decided to go anyway, reasoning that i could always reserve one.
When i got there, here was the detolf shelf...

photo.jpg

It's a good thing i went.
Snagged one for me too. And my Dad paid for it so he can give me it as a gift.
So on christmas day, i will have six detolfs in total...
:lol

That's great. Where did you get that?

On the subject of Detolfs, they are coming back into stock in all the Ikea stores after being out of stock for a month.
I was going across to Ikea on tuesday last week to buy one as a chistmas gift for my brother.
I checked stock the night before and they had 10 in stock. On the way there, i checked stock again and this was showing:

photo_1.jpg

I decided to go anyway, reasoning that i could always reserve one.
When i got there, here was the detolf shelf...

photo.jpg

It's a good thing i went.
Snagged one for me too. And my Dad paid for it so he can give me it as a gift.
So on christmas day, i will have six detolfs in total...
:lol

Thank you! My brother bought it for me when we had a Comic Con here. A local artist.

N that's odd. I've heard a lot of IKEAs discontinued the detolf cases but that is not the issue here. They're always in stock when I go. I guess you can't always believe what the internet says. Glad you had a chance to get another one for you and your brother.

Oh and you live in Edinburgh, UK right? Because there's an Edinburg, Texas as well. I thought that you were located in TX for a moment. HaHa!!

Thank you! My brother bought it for me when we had a Comic Con here. A local artist.

Aha. I would have considered trying to pick out up for my Brother. He's the biggest Superman collector ever, lol.

N that's odd. I've heard a lot of IKEAs discontinued the detolf cases but that is not the issue here. They're always in stock when I go. I guess you can't always believe what the internet says. Glad you had a chance to get another one for you and your brother.

Yeah. The site *says* they update it every 30 minutes. But they don't...

Oh and you live in Edinburgh, UK right? Because there's an Edinburg, Texas as well. I thought that you were located in TX for a moment. HaHa!!

Lol. I live in Glenrothes, in Fife. But it's not far from Edinburgh. The Ikea there is about 40 minutes away.

7059938D-9A32-4B33-B3AC-3FFC7723C2DA.png

Aha. I would have considered trying to pick out up for my Brother. He's the biggest Superman collector ever, lol.

Yeah. The site *says* they update it every 30 minutes. But they don't...

Lol. I live in Glenrothes, in Fife. But it's not far from Edinburgh. The Ikea there is about 40 minutes away.

7059938D-9A32-4B33-B3AC-3FFC7723C2DA.png

I'm a huge Superman collector. I guess I got that for my brother. I have a bunch of Superman stuff. Some I need to get rid of. :(

N don't lie. You know you live in Texas. You live right at the broader from Mexico? HaHa!!

I'm a huge Superman collector. I guess I got that for my brother. I have a bunch of Superman stuff. Some I need to get rid of. :(

You got more than this?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPsop0TaNiM[/ame]

N don't lie. You know you live in Texas. You live right at the broader from Mexico? HaHa!!

Lol.
Sorry. As much as i would love to stay in Edinburg, TX, i am afraid i live in Scotland.
But it's all good.
It's a beautiful place to live.

P2180001.jpg

thetriptofortwilliam.jpg

theskyatnight5.jpg

CIMG0228.jpg

CIMG0254.jpg

Back