Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS 201-Jor-El 1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Looks awesome. Love the non-armored look. As much of a badass as Jor-El was is Man Of Steel he's still a scientist first and foremost so I'd rather have a look closer to that then a military man.

That likeness is incredible. One of HT best.

Easy pass though.

It's is presumed you can take off the robes and armor... then you can have Father and Sons in their matching undies

Superb. How are people already complaining about the likeness? :lol
Its a homerun. But an easy pass.

It's is presumed you can take off the robes and armor... then you can have Father and Sons in their matching undies

Why is that presumed? That would maybe tempt me to buy this figure. Also, it may indicate whether or not we'll get multiple Zods. I'm crossing my fingers for a black suit superman with a laser vision sculpt like Mattel did.

They've got Crowe's eyes perfect, but the rest of the sculpt... blech.

Wow.

Iffem_shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

One thing I'm curious about is the base. Are they the "S" because of the house of El, or because of the film? I just wonder if, when we do get Zod, his base will feature his sigil.

One thing I'm curious about is the base. Are they the "S" because of the house of El, or because of the film? I just wonder if, when we do get Zod, his base will feature his sigil.

I would imagine all the stands come with designs relative to the character. Hence why Jor-El's is the House of El sigil. It's also black, as when Jor-El removed his council outfit and was wearing his undersuit, his sigil was black/grey. I think you're right and I would imagine that should they release Zod, it would release with the military sigil that features on all of Zod and Faora's suits.

If Zod and Faora are this good they will be very difficult to pass up.

Fantastic looking figure! I'm ordering one! :rock

Next up: Zod & Faora please!!! :pray:

Really happy to see this revealed today, but there are a few nitpicks I have to get out of the way first:

#1. I think the headsculpt looks a little off. I feel it looks like Crowe at most angles but something seems slightly wrong. I think they are about 90 to 95% there. As others have said, if they tweak it great, if not then I am perfectly fine with it as is.

#2. I'm not sure I'm digging the base. It looks cool and all, but it's big and going to eat up a bunch of real estate on a shelf when displayed with Supes, even more so if Zod and Faora come with similar stands. Though if thery come with their own symbols on the stands then that would be pretty cool, just a nightmare in terms of space.

#3. No armour. I figured it wasn't going to, but having armor included here would have made the ultimate Man of Steel Jor-El. There would literally be no need for any more versions. I have to admit, if they bring out an armoured version down the line, I will be slightly miffed. more so because I would probably talk myself into getting it. At least the lack of accessories should keep the price down I guess.

Now, having gotten that out of the way, I am very happy about this figure, I really like it and will definitely be pre-ordering this guy when I come home from work tomorrow provided he is up at Sideshow. I really wish he came with the armour so I could have the option of how to display him, but truthfully, I'm more than fine with this version. Now, they just need to start teasing Zod and Faora.

looks really good ~ have no need for it, but well done!

: D

Back