Hot Toys - MMS 191 - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a particular way to attach the single Mk VII glove (the one without the attached gauntlet) that comes with this set onto a TrueType body? It doesn't fit on the standard wrist pegs.

Just a hand you mean, with the bigger hole that's made to accommodate the bigger peg with the light inside of it?

I would probably try a standard, smaller peg and jam some Blue Tack inside of the glove. That should work and would be removable if you ever want to take it off. There may be better ways that the experts will know of....

I use a dollop of wax ;)

Just a hand you mean, with the bigger hole that's made to accommodate the bigger peg with the light inside of it?

I would probably try a standard, smaller peg and jam some Blue Tack inside of the glove. That should work and would be removable if you ever want to take it off. There may be better ways that the experts will know of....

Yep, that's the one. The standard ttm hand peg connectors are way too small to fit the hole in that glove. I will try your suggestion. If there was a way to connect the pieces without using tack, that would be awesome, but this might do for now!

Well I'm still relatively new at this, but I love Blue Tack for sticking things like heads and hands on when I don't want it to be permanent like glue or anything.

Dangit Barry. Typical of you. Simple, imaginative and awesome. Great looking setup for the figure.

Wow that's crazy. That looks great good job man.:hi5:

Thanks a lot guys. I have often considered doing this, but never got around to it.

Is there a particular way to attach the single Mk VII glove (the one without the attached gauntlet) that comes with this set onto a TrueType body? It doesn't fit on the standard wrist pegs.

As said before, just use blu tack. Put a blob into the hand peg hole in the hand, filling the hole(It's easy to get out again), and then wrap a strand around the tiny peg part in the figure's wrist. Push the peg into the hand and it will be fairly secure. Until you need to remove it and then it will come right out.
It would be possible to permanently secure a standard TTM wrist peg into the hand, or at least to make a more permanent connection, but that would seem a bit drastic.

I just picked this one up. Here is my detolf set-up:

tonystark_zpsff645261.jpg

Back