Hot Toys - MMS 191 - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered Odin, MKI 2.0 and MKV and they arrived in that box. I opened it, removed the armours and put the on display.
Then we lost the cat...
Took me nearly an hour to find him in that box(Five layers of bubble wrap in the bottom, he must have been toasty).
So i sealed the top, and cut him a door. He's been sleeping in there for a month now.
:rotfl Cats can be kind of strange sometimes. Mine loves to lay on top of boxes and look down at the dog.

Those little storage bins look great. Adds a lot to a great fig. So excited that I'm getting my Tony Stark tomorrow! :hi5:

Well, I finally got a chance to open this figure. It's pretty cool. I really like the removable armor pieces and I especially like the magnetized Mark XLII gauntlets. I think that's the way to have him. He's a little boring just standing there in plain clothes, but snap a couple armor pieces on and you've got a pretty cool figure.

I only noticed one little defect on mine. There's a small area of the forehead that's super glossy if you hold him under the light. It's not really that noticeable, so I'm not sure if it's even worth mentioning to the store I bought it from.

I got mine on Friday, really surprised how huge the box was.

I personally love the figure, my only nitpicks is that the shoulders are a lil broad for my taste, and when I have him with the armor on and i have him standing with the Mark VII with the Tony headsculpt on, the Mark VII just towers over him. I was thinking if the suit makes him taller, it would be in the boots right? So if tony was wearing the leg armors, he should be the same height as the mark vii shouldnt he?

But eh lil things i thought about. Nonetheless an awesome figure with an awesome display.

I got mine on Friday, really surprised how huge the box was.

I personally love the figure, my only nitpicks is that the shoulders are a lil broad for my taste, and when I have him with the armor on and i have him standing with the Mark VII with the Tony headsculpt on, the Mark VII just towers over him. I was thinking if the suit makes him taller, it would be in the boots right? So if tony was wearing the leg armors, he should be the same height as the mark vii shouldnt he?

But eh lil things i thought about. Nonetheless an awesome figure with an awesome display.
you can extend the ankle pegs...and have the leg armor sit lower

I have black widow, Selina Kyle, Loki, Coulson, rescue cap, 2 MKVI's and 2 MKVIIs in my cupboard, mint in sealed shippers. And I have 2 Tony Stark arriving tomorrow.
But they are all doubles of figures I have already on display.

Don't you worry about batteries leaking in the sealed Iron Man figures you have?

when I have him with the armor on and i have him standing with the Mark VII with the Tony headsculpt on, the Mark VII just towers over him. I was thinking if the suit makes him taller, it would be in the boots right? So if tony was wearing the leg armors, he should be the same height as the mark vii shouldnt he?

it's a stylistic thing I reckon, to make the armours look larger and cooler.
Technically, he should only be taller by the height of the heels of the suit.
But he is close to an head taller wearing the armour.
I could get around it by maybe the explanation that he is almost on tip toes in the suit.
In the blu ray BTS featurette, for the scene where Maya arrives at his house and he's wearing the mk42, he is standing there without armour on, walking along an eight inch high black plank. Wen he gets to the point where the suit opens up and he steps out, he also steps down, and you see the MK42 is at least six inches taller than he is.
I think it looks cool and doesn't really need to be explained to remain so.

Don't have all the pieces of the puzzle yet but here's my recipe for the Mechanic bash. Pics will follow when complete.

IM3 Tony Stark
Wild Toys black zip up hoodie
MC Toys light blue jeans
Storm Shadow sneakers
IM3 TS right arm armor
IM3 TS left leg armor
Snake Eyes Uzi 9mm
Black Sniper go bag (unknown manufacturer)
ACI Brown Rimmed Shooter Sunglasses
white t shirt

In my head this should look pretty darn close to what we'll be getting in April of next year. Just can't wait that long.

By the time he has the armoured leg and arm, he doesn't have the specs or the bag.
But if you want to go for all the looks, i suppose you'll need all that stuff.
Also, pick up a bootleg Tony head and add blood.

By the time he has the armoured leg and arm, he doesn't have the specs or the bag.
But if you want to go for all the looks, i suppose you'll need all that stuff.
Also, pick up a bootleg Tony head and add blood.

I think I'll leave out the specs when he's all put together. They were only 3 bucks so I just added them to the cart. I have my second IM3 TS getting delivered on Friday so I'll have an extra head sculpt. I have no experience painting so that part makes me a little nervous.

Back