Hot Toys - MMS 191 - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that sounds good. then you can just get a custom piece of glass cut that goes across both so there is no gap in the middle

Yeah. That's what i was thinking.
But even with those pieces removed, Tony's base wouldn't all fit in.

How about putting Sam & Jake on top of the Detolfs? :huh

No way! That shelf was specifically lowered just for Jake. If i get low on space, some items will have to be returned to their boxes i fear. I'd rather not display too much on the top of the detolfs.

Yeah, the strips i have are slightly yellowish.
But they do provide a lot of light(I have two sets per detolf).

IMG_5322.jpg

Awesome display! I like the cool customs for sure. Let me see if I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing: Wayne in front of his armory; civilian clothed Avengers with Fury looking like he's pimping Black Widow :clap, and a very cool Ruffalo Banner; Agents of SHIELD assembled; 4 Red Skulls(did you find them on sale somewhere?). How about Faora and Supergirl... are they custom figs or statues? The ONLY oddity to me is the lower right... what's up with Batman and the alien? Very cool collection sir. :peace

Or even maybe squeeze the Tron cycle above Jake Sulley if there's space as well or put him him with one of the bottom right shelves to free up another shelf.

Or even maybe squeeze the Tron cycle above Jake Sulley if there's space as well or put him him with one of the bottom right shelves to free up another shelf.

That's good thinking. But there's not *quite* enough room for the lightcycle above Jake!
It's a shame too. But i have room to shift them about.

Awesome display! I like the cool customs for sure. Let me see if I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing: Wayne in front of his armory; civilian clothed Avengers with Fury looking like he's pimping Black Widow :clap, and a very cool Ruffalo Banner; Agents of SHIELD assembled; 4 Red Skulls(did you find them on sale somewhere?). How about Faora and Supergirl... are they custom figs or statues? The ONLY oddity to me is the lower right... what's up with Batman and the alien? Very cool collection sir. :peace

Thanks for your kind words about my collection. I shall send you a PM with individual pics of the shelves.
As for the questions, i never thought about Fury pimping out Widow.
But it could be seen that way!
I just like her up front of the assembled group.

4 Red Skulls were put together for less than the price of one official Red Skull by picking up parts here on the forum cheaply.

Faora is the 1/6 statue, but Supergirl is a custom figure i made myself.

"Batman and alien" are in fact a black suit Superman and TESB Zuckuss. It's just a Hasbro Zuckuss, but my Mum bought that for me a couple of years before she passed away, so i like having it on display.

Pm incoming with pics of all the shelves.

I'm actually a bit more excited now for this figure. I have a display case i think will be perfect to put Tonys Workshop on the top and be able to display the "House Party" suits that I get on subsequent levels below, with the bottom being the wine cellar basement. Just have to make some backdrops and custom floors for the shelves. Drawing some stuff up in my offtime at work tonight.

Say does anyone know if the arms/legs from this figure will work with only this specific body, or will most any body do just fine?

Say does anyone know if the arms/legs from this figure will work with only this specific body, or will most any body do just fine?

By arms I assume you mean the armoured ones?

If so I dont think so no, you'd need a body that allows you to remove the bottom part of the arm and I don't think a regular true type allows for that

Finally opened him up today and I have to say I am impressed. The headsculpt was better than I thought it was going to be. Lots of parts and pieces I know I will never end up displaying, but it is nice to have so many options.

First thing I did was change his outfit to the Asmus Avengers outfit. Once I put him on display, he will be hard at work on another suit while Pepper watches him.

2013-09-08 16.20.28 by bilbo070, on Flickr

A normal HT figure(Or IM, specifically) generally goes like this:

1. Preorder period(Hardcore fans with the cash, or people who want to flexpay it preorder right away)
2. 8 to 12 months of waiting(Some people cancel for newer, cooler stuff, and a trickle of new orders fills up the preorder slots).
3. A pre-release teaser will be shown at a convention or show, or even on HT's facebook page.
4. OMG posts pics(Item sells out and goes to waitlist if it hasn't before).
5. People start clamouring to try and order it now it's sold out(And are having to pay 25% more than the preorder price as the prices have magically jumped for no good reason).
6. Item hits stores and is priced a bit higher(Though the occasional bargain can be had).
7. A slew of waiting customers with cash want it desperately and don't mind paying ridiculous amounts for it.

Now, with most IM figures it seems to go that way.
This one really jumped the gun by being available with almost no OMG-style hype.
BAM! It was available and being shipped.
I think their normal system whips the buying public into a bit of a frenzy.
And they didn't do that this time.
I think it will take a little while for it to sell out.
For now, i think everyone was caught off guard!

Your right.. I was stock to find it shipped.

well nice surprise, come home from work to find FedEx left it with my neighbor :yess: wasn't expecting him till Wednesday.

Will open him up later after I've watched breaking bad.

Ok so opened him up. WOW i didn't know where to start there are that many things included. The sculpt is great and as the common HT saying goes its better in hand. The base... is HUGE lol i underestimated its size from pics no way i can display it unless i get a custom case built, which i may do for an IM3 display in the future as i'll have the mandarin, this guy, mark vii and IP.

I have him in a standard pose right now will take pics this weekend once camera is fully charged as i'll no doubt change his pose he seems a great figure to pose.

Ok so opened him up. WOW i didn't know where to start there are that many things included. The sculpt is great and as the common HT saying goes its better in hand. The base... is HUGE lol i underestimated its size from pics no way i can display it unless i get a custom case built, which i may do for an IM3 display in the future as i'll have the mandarin, this guy, mark vii and IP.

I have him in a standard pose right now will take pics this weekend once camera is fully charged as i'll no doubt change his pose he seems a great figure to pose.

cant wait to get mine! i its due to arrive tomorrow but might be hear as early as this afternoon!

So after unboxing and making sure everything is in working order, the chest RT won't light up anymore.

The switch on his back has no "click" to it. It just slides up and down. Tried new batteries with same result.

Any idea how SS will treat this? Would I need to send the whole set back or just destroy the body and provide pics?

I'm going to contact them so I know I'll get my answer. Just curious if anybody has had a similar issue.

Thanks

Back