Hot Toys - MMS 191 - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They charged your flex payment?

I just spoke to a rep and they said they might have their shipment in tomorrow which explains why they changed your order status. She said to ask tomorrow and if they don't get it in tomorrow, it'll be in very early next week. Probably next Monday if not tomorrow.

Cool. Wasn't going to call as I'm out of town for the next 5 days and isn't a rush at this point. I'm assuming it will be in my hands mid next week. :yess:

Curious to me that A. this thing came out right on schedule and B. seems to still be readily available. Maybe B is a direct result of A. ;)

Curious to me that A. this thing came out right on schedule and B. seems to still be readily available. Maybe B is a direct result of A. ;)

A normal HT figure(Or IM, specifically) generally goes like this:

1. Preorder period(Hardcore fans with the cash, or people who want to flexpay it preorder right away)
2. 8 to 12 months of waiting(Some people cancel for newer, cooler stuff, and a trickle of new orders fills up the preorder slots).
3. A pre-release teaser will be shown at a convention or show, or even on HT's facebook page.
4. OMG posts pics(Item sells out and goes to waitlist if it hasn't before).
5. People start clamouring to try and order it now it's sold out(And are having to pay 25% more than the preorder price as the prices have magically jumped for no good reason).
6. Item hits stores and is priced a bit higher(Though the occasional bargain can be had).
7. A slew of waiting customers with cash want it desperately and don't mind paying ridiculous amounts for it.

Now, with most IM figures it seems to go that way.
This one really jumped the gun by being available with almost no OMG-style hype.
BAM! It was available and being shipped.
I think their normal system whips the buying public into a bit of a frenzy.
And they didn't do that this time.
I think it will take a little while for it to sell out.
For now, i think everyone was caught off guard!

Got my shipping info. weds for me, only ordered last thurs :yess:. I wont be in to take delivery though. UK people what usually happens with fedex? they leave with neighbor or take back to depot for re delivery.

Alright, I caved and put in a PO :monkey2. The headsculpt looked better than the Mark VII, and I really need a Tony Stark in my collection. Can't wait to get this from SS(already marked as shipping soon!). My only disappointment is that "DUM-E" and his dunce awesomeness is actually the "U" bot. I suppose I could slap a different label on the side arm :pfft:

I just read that the table that comes with this is a modified version of the Joker 2.0 table. In fact the Stark table still has the hole in the top to put Joker's pencil in.

Maybe things like that help them speed up the process? :monkey3

A normal HT figure(Or IM, specifically) generally goes like this:

1. Preorder period(Hardcore fans with the cash, or people who want to flexpay it preorder right away)
2. 8 to 12 months of waiting(Some people cancel for newer, cooler stuff, and a trickle of new orders fills up the preorder slots).
3. A pre-release teaser will be shown at a convention or show, or even on HT's facebook page.
4. OMG posts pics(Item sells out and goes to waitlist if it hasn't before).
5. People start clamouring to try and order it now it's sold out(And are having to pay 25% more than the preorder price as the prices have magically jumped for no good reason).
6. Item hits stores and is priced a bit higher(Though the occasional bargain can be had).
7. A slew of waiting customers with cash want it desperately and don't mind paying ridiculous amounts for it.

Now, with most IM figures it seems to go that way.
This one really jumped the gun by being available with almost no OMG-style hype.
BAM! It was available and being shipped.
I think their normal system whips the buying public into a bit of a frenzy.
And they didn't do that this time.
I think it will take a little while for it to sell out.
For now, i think everyone was caught off guard!

You could call them and see if they can hold it. I know UPS has a thing called My Choice, that allows me to go online and put a hold on a package. I usually have my SSC boxes held so I can just go pick it up, rather than stalking my driver.

:rotfl turns out fedex depot is only a town over from me so i might bell them see if i can get it redirected after first delivery attempt

Good call!

I just read that the table that comes with this is a modified version of the Joker 2.0 table. In fact the Stark table still has the hole in the top to put Joker's pencil in.

Maybe things like that help them speed up the process? :monkey3

I think the table was likely one of the smallest items to get made. All the rest of the parts were bespoke, including the body, head, arms, armour parts and the dio base. Even *U* was a new tooling of DUM-e.
So i reckon it can only be that this one was fast tracked into production.
I am anxious to see if all the IM3 stuff makes it to market that fast...

Ok, just ordered one from SSC. I was on the fence about it but the in-hand pictures make it look too good to pass on.

Can anyone compare the helmet that comes with this figure with the mark IV head? It looks to be the same, unremovable mask and the eyes and mouth does not seem like the mark 7.

Can anyone compare the helmet that comes with this figure with the mark IV head? It looks to be the same, unremovable mask and the eyes and mouth does not seem like the mark 7.
Because it is the same. They just gave the neck peg the Mark VII helmet has over to the Mark IV helmet.

Because it is the same. They just gave the neck peg the Mark VII helmet has over to the Mark IV helmet.

Ah thats good news. I was looking to buy a new mk 4 head, but it costs quite abit, while the head from this version goes for way less.

Thanks Hologram AI.

Ok, just ordered one from SSC. I was on the fence about it but the in-hand pictures make it look too good to pass on.

ChosenWisely.jpg

;)

Back