Hot Toys - MMS 191 - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awful, awful annoying voice and accent.

Loved how he said the magnetic arm attachment was annoying then minutes later exclaimed how useful it was in order to help him remove the whole arm to then change the hands with ease.

It's a nice figure but it comes with a load of useless stuff that is just going to sit in the box.

I get the feeling that this figure will soon be forgotten about.

Very sneaky of HT to use a non-compatible neck joint, just to make sure it was as difficult as possible to use this new head on an actual Iron Man figure.

I thought that the Batman fans (myself include) were suckers for HT's endless releases of Joker after Joker and Batman after Batman but the Iron Man fans win hands down; repulser hands down.

The head (mms191) is standard HT neck-less head.... where you can place it on standard TTM.... or clone TT to bash your own Tony...

Mk. 7's Tony HS on TT is possible as well with the right neck plug/body...

1185244_10151655405553528_722193423_n.jpg

that's how they posed him in stgcc

Woah. Looks great. I can't wait to have the guy here.

Still not sure how I want to display him, but I can't possibly fit the whole base into my cabinet.

Rookie question here about SS.. Do they only offer flex pay for PO's in the months leading up to a figures release? I've never bought anything from them and I see that there is no longer a flex pay option for this figure even though it still shows in pre-order status. Thanks

So the base only fits in a detolf without stairs? I think I'm canceling my preorder and going for the mechanic in that case.. I won't be able to display any of the goodies this one comes with :/

So the base only fits in a detolf without stairs? I think I'm canceling my preorder and going for the mechanic in that case.. I won't be able to display any of the goodies this one comes with :/

It's a GREAT figure! You only need to remove a couple of small parts.
And the mechanic is covered in blood and has those squinty eyes...
:rotfl

My only method of display is a detolf, too... I'm too poor for Bestas. :lol But in all honesty, I don't care about the base. It's really nice, and I'm glad to be getting it, but I PO'd this set mostly for the accessories like the table and bits and all the custom stuff you can do with them. The base is more of a perk. If push comes to shove and I really want to use the base once it arrives, I'll just find room for it... Maybe on the coffee table?

My only method of display is a detolf, too... I'm too poor for Bestas. :lol But in all honesty, I don't care about the base. It's really nice, and I'm glad to be getting it, but I PO'd this set mostly for the accessories like the table and bits and all the custom stuff you can do with them. The base is more of a perk. If push comes to shove and I really want to use the base once it arrives, I'll just find room for it... Maybe on the coffee table?

Think outside the box...there is a little more space on top of Detolf, I have the top of two of them together for Tony Stark and Igor, Midas and other house party members. I also finally got a backdrop of the HOA to use as well once it is printed up.

I already have Dum-E in place and just have to relocate Iron Monger and Obadiah to the other end of the Detolfs.

Think outside the box...there is a little more space on top of Detolf, I have the top of two of them together for Tony Stark and Igor, Midas and other house party members.

I already have Dum-E in place and just have to relocate Iron Monger and Obadiah to the other end of the Detolfs.

That's a good idea. I'm just wondering if the steps will go over off the edge of the detolf, though.

You could wait for a Besta event for them to go on sale. I think this will have enough room.

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/S49887677/

Or you could look for used Granas coffee tables on Kijiji (~ $20 to $60) and convert that into a display case. A viable option especially if you want to expand and pick up the Hall of Armours later on.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91065

Think outside the box...there is a little more space on top of Detolf, I have the top of two of them together for Tony Stark and Igor, Midas and other house party members. I also finally got a backdrop of the HOA to use as well once it is printed up.

Nice suit on Obadiah. Which one is it?

Unfortunately I'm knee deep in Detolfs to even consider upgrading to a bigger case. I was initially bummed by not being able to use the stand but there's seriously enough inside the box to make me happy and even as the way it is now it currently stands out the most in my collection. I think I may even sell the stand rather then let it waste away inside the box.

honestly, when you look at this picture do you immediately think "where's the stand?"

Rookie question here about SS.. Do they only offer flex pay for PO's in the months leading up to a figures release? I've never bought anything from them and I see that there is no longer a flex pay option for this figure even though it still shows in pre-order status. Thanks
I've never ordered anything after it's been out by using flex pay but I've always seen it as an option.

Back