Hot Toys - MMS 191 - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks like a really great figure. Some very nice accessories as well. The table with the tools and wires is pretty cool.

i'll be getting this but only because I'll be able to flex it.....no way would I drop $290 on this in one swift order....spread that baby out..

i'll be getting this but only because I'll be able to flex it.....no way would I drop $290 on this in one swift order....spread that baby out..

That's what I'm thinking about doing. Makes it about $60 per month for 4 months.

WOWSERS! What a collection!!! :horror

However, do I see some duplicates in there too? Perhaps he buys doubles of some for display while keeping a second MIB? There are collectors that do that. If so, this is one expensive hobby for them! :monkey1

Nope, he really takes pride in sealed collectibles. :lol Add him up in facebook. He's a really nice, albeit weird, guy. :D

People are maybe missing the point re: MISB collecting. Some might well be doing it with future sale value in mind, but there are those who see the unopened figure as a historical object in and of itself. They don't see the value in 'enjoying' the figure that's inside the box because they are enjoying what the whole thing represents: the moment between purchase and opening. The magic of their MISB figure is all in that circular piece of tape over the flap that remains intact.

Meanwhile, in quite a few of those figures, batteries are spreading their acidy goodness all over the battery compartments.

Don't get me wrong, people can collect how they want to collect, but knowing that their figure is slowly turning to snot always makes me wonder.

Meanwhile, in quite a few of those figures, batteries are spreading their acidy goodness all over the battery compartments.

Don't get me wrong, people can collect how they want to collect, but knowing that their figure is slowly turning to snot always makes me wonder.
You know I wish he would do an unboxing video of all those figures.

We can have an online shot game. We take a shot whenever he finds a melted figure in his perfect condition box.

We'd be drunk by the end of the video. :cuckoo:

That's the beauty of MISB collecting. The box is never supposed to be opened, so you never know exactly what condition the figure is in. It's like a Schrodinger's cat, it's never supposed to be examined because doing so changes the nature of the thing itself.

That's the beauty of MISB collecting. The box is never supposed to be opened, so you never know exactly what condition the figure is in. It's like a Schrodinger's cat, it's never supposed to be examined because doing so changes the nature of the thing itself.

Hot Toys should give us an option to get MISB with no batteries included. Imagine this lessen their cost, and also they might even charge more for fanatical collectors!

Pics from Toy Hunters FB page.

644446_10151303585702825_2014741690_n.jpg

528923_10151303585682825_1011220101_n.jpg

419677_10151303585717825_1372106193_n.jpg

Perhaps he just likes wood furniture. Or his priority is toys as opposed to furniture. Or he doesn't care about furniture. Who knows... but I know he has a ton of money in toys right there.

Perhaps he just likes wood furniture. Or his priority is toys as opposed to furniture. Or he doesn't care about furniture. Who knows... but I know he has a ton of money in toys right there.

what gave you that idea?

just kidding man. :peace

i am guilty to a degree. i have 2 of reeve superman, jack sparrow and samurai pred. but i opened them all including the duplicates. i buy to keep or i dont buy at all.

just in my case, i guess, i will know that it's time for toy rehab if the house becomes a mess and i have 2 of each most $200 figures.

well that's just me. it's different for everyone.

and you are right, that's money on the floor right there. that's what i love about this hobby. our cash is not really gone but rather, converted into art pieces on the shelf that can be converted back into cash again if you need to. can't say that same thing about smokes, drugs and alcohol (that's what i tell myself so i can sleep properly) :)

Last edited:
Oh no I agree... in my opinion the dude is blowing his money but that is the beauty of an opinion... it's your own and who cares what others think? I have doubles but its for home and office (Superman, TFA Cap).

And people say a miniscule plastic table with a non-working lamp justifies a $275 price-tag. :pow

we are not called FREAKS for nothing.

last week i cought myself deciding whether to buy a new pair of nikes i can use for jogging or just save the money for 1/6 air jordans. :cuckoo:

in the end, the money was saved. for masterpiece soundwave. :yess:

having said all that, im saving up for this tony stark. that lab table is fantastic! (those cute little wheels better roll, hot toys!) :)

Back