Hot Toys - MMS 191 - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you once again Centrocal for the hi-res pics! :hi5:

For those complaining of the price, look at the price of the joker 2.0 figure. And really you get much more with this set. I know its a lot and i am not happy about the price either, but it is more of a shock on the low price side then the high with hot toys pricing lately.

Nope. Joker 2.0 as basis, MMS 191 is way over-priced.

you know ever since Tony stark has been iron man I have really grown upon the character, however I am questioning the upcoming movie. I think they might make it TOO action-y. Don't get me wrong I love watching action movies, but for instance and I am sorry if I affend anyone, Expendables 2 was not needed and very dumb in my opinion, that would be a movie with far to many old dudes with aiming of Bob Lee Swagger from shooter. This is very all off topic but just putting my thought out on the table that this movie might be over done. HOpefully not and is just another Awesome movie to watch in I-MAX

Trailers always make it seem that way. I'm not too worried. :)

549843_10151218809377344_259433913_n.jpg

I agree the price is insane, but I gotta get this one way or another. Robert Downey's performance as TS is the spirit behind this character and driving force behind these films. Yeah we love Iron Man but in Imho it's the Downey/Tony Stark part that makes the films more enjoyable . So a chance at Tony this well done, again in my opinion, is just as much a must have as the armor. And the hair style is different but I think the headsculpt rocks ! Something else will have to pass but I gotta have this !

:goodpost::exactly: Headsculpt still not that awesome though. :lol

This figure JUST got more relevant:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Iron Man 3 brings in Shane Black, who made his directorial debut with you and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang in 2005. You’ve worn the suit in battle scenes in three films now – two directed by Jon Favreau, one by Joss Whedon — and I’m curious if Shane’s arrival changes any of the fundamental approach to action scenes?
ROBERT DOWNEY JR.: We’ve just been talking about one sequence – the top-secret name is the Boot/Glove Sequence, I can tell you that, just between you and me – it’s where Tony only has one gauntlet and one boot and he has to escape multiple captors. It’s really fun, dude. We’re taking everything from his first gauntlet test in the first movie up through the most extreme stuff we thought up for Iron Man 2 and The Avengers and pulling on all of it and making this one big, extended challenge of physics.

iron-man-3-concept-art.jpg

:yess: Just makes my PO sweeter. Something to look forward to.

Well if you are pissed at HT for their pricing, insult them and not other collectors like yourself. I'm sure if you were rich, and wanted this, you wouldn't think it was overpriced.

:exactly: Too bad HT can't hand this over to me as fast as i can hand over my cash. :rotfl

wow...TERRIBLE SCULPT! The head was WAY too bad, arms are like sticks, the proportion, don't even get me started on that. Man, another Tony Sculpt gone down the drain. And what's with the clown shoes :pfft:

Penguins_zps697c3cc8.jpg

Yup, wayyyy better likeness than the MMS 191 :monkey2 :lol:rotfl

Mock this if you want... But if they make the rest of the Avengers team, I may get them simply to parody my other HT stuff! :lol

It doesn't look that bad. It's not perfect, but you could easily have worse. Just needs the eyes widened up a bit, and the chin/jaw be not so incredibly heroic.

So anyone that does buy this for $280 is a fool?:dunno

Who on earth is paying $280 when you can get it for $250???? lol. For real, Loki is $220. Lots more accessories makes $250 totally unreasonable? I dont get it.

I read somewheres that they almost cast Tom Cruise as Tony, but he got dropped because he insisted that the faceplate be transparent so we could see his lovely face, all the time and Marvel told him to get lost. Can you IMAGINE what a cluster**** that would have been?!!! CAN. YOU. IMAGINE.

I would never have seen the first film if he had been cast. [I refuse to watch films that he is in on general principles.] Wow, he ruined War of the Worlds and he almost ruined Iron Man. Thank God for RDJ, seriously.

Who on earth is paying $280 when you can get it for $250???? lol. For real, Loki is $220. Lots more accessories makes $250 totally unreasonable? I dont get it.

I read somewheres that they almost cast Tom Cruise as Tony, but he got dropped because he insisted that the faceplate be transparent so we could see his lovely face, all the time and Marvel told him to get lost. Can you IMAGINE what a cluster**** that would have been?!!! CAN. YOU. IMAGINE.

I would never have seen the first film if he had been cast. [I refuse to watch films that he is in on general principles.] Wow, he ruined War of the Worlds and he almost ruined Iron Man. Thank God for RDJ, seriously.
Where do you see this for $250?

:O Yeah, Cruise would've been so wrong for the part. RDJ's been perfect so they'll have to be really careful when re-casting the role down the line. But Cruise... *pukes*

Holy ****. We were really close to having horrible Iron Man movies then. And yes, **** yes. Thank god for RDJ. If there is anyone on this planet made for this role, it's him. Tom Cruise can get hit by a truck for all I care.

My comment was based on a member calling those who paid $280 for it ( the price at SS ), FOOLS.

What one person deems reasonable may not be the same as another. That doesn't make them fools.

Your benchmark for this figure is obviously $250. If you found it for $250, good for you. I haven't PO'd it yet, but if I do, I will do so through SS for $280.

Many people post prices that are cheaper than SS. However, its quite often that rewards points and shipping aren't taken into consideration. And 9 out of 10 people here are far too impatient to wait when the figure gets initially release. Even to the point to where they are willing to pay even more than SS prices to get it from HK a week or 2 sooner.

All personal choices. But that doesn't make it necessary to call anyone a fool, crazy or criticize what they want to do with their money.

....that doesn't make it necessary to call anyone a fool, crazy or criticize what they want to do with their money.

I look at it like this Mike...

If a fool and his money are easily parted...that makes me one of the biggest fools ever!

I pick the things I like, I select the price I like, from the company that I like, I pay, and I enjoy the fruits of my selection with no worries whatsoever.

And, I care not a fig what anyone else thinks. I go for SSC personally (as I have just expressed in an other thread actually) for all the benefits it brings me. As these too are purely personal and, no one knows a person's unique circumstances that have guided them to a particular price/supplier.

when I first started getting into HT I thought to myself just buy the one that comes with a lot of accessories so i can get my money worth it but it turn out with HT your not paying big money for the one with a lot of accessories, your paying a lot to be able to own one of those specific one. it's just everyone own opinion and how much they're willing to pay int he end.

I pick the things I like, I select the price I like, from the company that I like, I pay, and I enjoy the fruits of my selection with no worries whatsoever.

:exactly:

Instead of buying two figures that total $280, I'm just going to buy this one. I really like it. And I have faith HT won't fail on the HS. If they do, I can always get an IV HS and sell this one. Iron Man figures always seem to be in high demand so it's not like I'd be stuck with a figure nobody wants. I mean, it's pretty much win-win: if this figure turns out great, awesome. If it doesn't, somebody will still buy it.

Saying that, I just got my pre-order for this guy in at AE. :yess: It's going to be my only IM figure, and the only other Avengers figs I'm going for are Loki (anxiously awaiting release!) and Bruce Banner. I'm not a completist and only pick my absolute favourite characters, so I think I can be confident that I'm not gonna bleed my bank account dry and purchase a crap ton of other figures. I'm just a student, after all...

I pre-ordered him because I'm a completist, and am lucky enough to have gotten a pay rise at work today. ;) At least by paying a deposit now, I'll have forgotten about it by the time he ships and will think he's only average price when I pay the rest. :lol

I might swap his headsculpt around, but really, I admire Hot Toys' talented sculptors and dislike the flak they get. I know for sure that I could never sculpt something as realistic as their heads!

If a fool and his money are easily parted...that makes me one of the biggest fools ever!

And, I care not a fig
what anyone else thinks. I go for SSC personally (as I have just expressed in an other thread actually) for all the benefits it brings me. As these too are purely personal and, no one knows a person's unique circumstances that have guided them to a particular price/supplier.

:goodpost::exactly: Anything in the market is all about how much it's worth for you. :D

Don't like it? Don't buy, rant on the company, but never insult those
who get more utility or see more beauty form a product. Unless you're
just kidding and simply want to make everyone laugh. :hi5:

:goodpost::exactly: Anything in the market is all about how much it's worth for you. :D

Don't like it? Don't buy, rant on the company, but never insult those
who get more utility or see more beauty form a product. Unless you're
just kidding and simply want to make everyone laugh. :hi5:

You and DGT are on it. Good post.

One could make this same exact argument about just about every collectible out there, especially HT collectibles. This is one reason I own no HT Batman stuff: I do not want it enough to pay for it. If you want to complain about HT high prices, the DC action figure forum is probably the place to go. Those Batman figures put Tony in the shade, price-wise.

Buy what you like. Only you can make the determination as to what you find worth spending money on; and I urge anyone to think carefully. BUT. Once you've done it, please do not lambast other collectors over what they choose to spend money on. After all, you probably own pieces that I could say the exact same stuff about.

I am delighted you got Mech Test Tony for $130.00. Please keep in mind, not everybody got that lucky. I completely missed Mech Test because I was not in the hobby at the time. This is my chance to get a figure of this type, and I am going to do it. I wanted an Iron Man, and this will be it.

I am not a "die hard collector who must have them all." Far from it. But I want this figure and I am buying it, regardless of the opinions of other hobbyists. After all, I am not over in the DC forms scorning everyone buying Batman HT stuff. Their money, their business.

And with that, I step down from the soap-box.

:clap:clap:goodpost:

And, I care not a fig what anyone else thinks. I go for SSC personally (as I have just expressed in an other thread actually) for all the benefits it brings me. As these too are purely personal and, no one knows a person's unique circumstances that have guided them to a particular price/supplier.

We're on the same page there. 99% of the time, I've learned that what others post here is meaningless to me. But occassionally, we all give in and respond to someones comments.

$230 for a figure in regular clothes and spare parts from the other Iron Man figures? Your one lucky guy :lol

Seriously, HT's are off the charts now. I'm selling all of mine bar the one's in my signature. Crazy hobby is at a level beyond saving... :google

well, I only own mark 1 2.0 and not a completist
so yeah, it's decent price for me :D :D

Anyone know where to get this for the cheapest right now? I have it on PO from BBTS because of their no deposit feature.v

Back