Hot Toys - MMS 191 - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for all the people saying its worth it because of accessories: They are cheap molded plastic, worth like $20, not $100. Did you guys see the part where it says cardboard underside for stage, that means its going to weigh like 8 ounces :rotfl

This would be a must but for $199, maybe for $219, any higher and its not worth it, unless you are a die hard collector who must have them all!

Oh and I picked up the first Mech Test for $130 (shipping included) on clearance well after its release, just because its now $400+ on ebay doesn't mean hot toys can make 5000 more and sell them for $290, I expect to see this on clearance within 6 months after release.

wow, you guys have to spend more than $250 for this piece?

man, I guess I'm lucky then...many local sellers offer this in $223-$230, with shipping price estimation is $2-$4

$230 for a figure in regular clothes and spare parts from the other Iron Man figures? Your one lucky guy :lol

Seriously, HT's are off the charts now. I'm selling all of mine bar the one's in my signature. Crazy hobby is at a level beyond saving... :google

309706_10151224948837344_599131268_n.jpg

Oh my gawd. That head sculpt is horrible! I'm gonna write 40 pages of how I don't like it! :thud:

Oh my gawd. That head sculpt is horrible! I'm gonna write 40 pages of how I don't like it! :thud:

That set just screams "My Daddy said I can't pick them up until I'm old enough to appreciate their display value, but hey let's play on the covered furniture with my Clorox Wipes collection instead!"

I would have been tempted to pick this one up if the price was reasonable, but HT prices really never are, so I guess it was a crapshoot thought anyway :lol

for all the people saying its worth it because of accessories: They are cheap molded plastic, worth like $20, not $100. Did you guys see the part where it says cardboard underside for stage, that means its going to weigh like 8 ounces :rotfl

This would be a must but for $199, maybe for $219, any higher and its not worth it, unless you are a die hard collector who must have them all!

One could make this same exact argument about just about every collectible out there, especially HT collectibles. This is one reason I own no HT Batman stuff: I do not want it enough to pay for it. If you want to complain about HT high prices, the DC action figure forum is probably the place to go. Those Batman figures put Tony in the shade, price-wise.

Buy what you like. Only you can make the determination as to what you find worth spending money on; and I urge anyone to think carefully. BUT. Once you've done it, please do not lambast other collectors over what they choose to spend money on. After all, you probably own pieces that I could say the exact same stuff about.

I am delighted you got Mech Test Tony for $130.00. Please keep in mind, not everybody got that lucky. I completely missed Mech Test because I was not in the hobby at the time. This is my chance to get a figure of this type, and I am going to do it. I wanted an Iron Man, and this will be it.

I am not a "die hard collector who must have them all." Far from it. But I want this figure and I am buying it, regardless of the opinions of other hobbyists. After all, I am not over in the DC forms scorning everyone buying Batman HT stuff. Their money, their business.

And with that, I step down from the soap-box.

One could make this same exact argument about just about every collectible out there, especially HT collectibles. This is one reason I own no HT Batman stuff: I do not want it enough to pay for it. If you want to complain about HT high prices, the DC action figure forum is probably the place to go. Those Batman figures put Tony in the shade, price-wise.

Buy what you like. Only you can make the determination as to what you find worth spending money on; and I urge anyone to think carefully. BUT. Once you've done it, please do not lambast other collectors over what they choose to spend money on. After all, you probably own pieces that I could say the exact same stuff about.

I am delighted you got Mech Test Tony for $130.00. Please keep in mind, not everybody got that lucky. I completely missed Mech Test because I was not in the hobby at the time. This is my chance to get a figure of this type, and I am going to do it. I wanted an Iron Man, and this will be it.

I am not a "die hard collector who must have them all." Far from it. But I want this figure and I am buying it, regardless of the opinions of other hobbyists. After all, I am not over in the DC forms scorning everyone buying Batman HT stuff. Their money, their business.

And with that, I step down from the soap-box.

^Pretty much my opinion.
There are only few HT figures that I even consider buying and even though I got a Mech Test figure, I still want this. Hopefully having parts of the MK42 will keep me from wanting the complete Mk42... although, I'll probably have to get at least the helmet as it seems that this figure includes only an older Mark's helmet :/

This figure JUST got more relevant:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Iron Man 3 brings in Shane Black, who made his directorial debut with you and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang in 2005. You’ve worn the suit in battle scenes in three films now – two directed by Jon Favreau, one by Joss Whedon — and I’m curious if Shane’s arrival changes any of the fundamental approach to action scenes?
ROBERT DOWNEY JR.: We’ve just been talking about one sequence – the top-secret name is the Boot/Glove Sequence, I can tell you that, just between you and me – it’s where Tony only has one gauntlet and one boot and he has to escape multiple captors. It’s really fun, dude. We’re taking everything from his first gauntlet test in the first movie up through the most extreme stuff we thought up for Iron Man 2 and The Avengers and pulling on all of it and making this one big, extended challenge of physics.

iron-man-3-concept-art.jpg

Cool, so it explains why he only comes with one gauntlet, but, I'd like to chose how I display this. So if I wanted to display him with both gauntlets on I should be able to. I still believe this should come with both right and left gauntlets and armor hands especially at $280.

To have a really fair chance, they should have let him have both boots and one gauntlet.... but looking forward to seeing this, regardless.

I guess both boots would give him flight and make him more of a threat.

If I owned armor like that, those boots would be waiting for me when I stepped out of the shower. I'd sleep in 'em. But that's just me. :p

To have a really fair chance, they should have let him have both boots and one gauntlet.... but looking forward to seeing this, regardless.

I guess both boots would give him flight and make him more of a threat.

If I owned armor like that, those boots would be waiting for me when I stepped out of the shower. I'd sleep in 'em. But that's just me. :p

Imagine the smell after a day in the sun ... EWWWW

Back