Hot Toys - MMS 191 - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For everyone freaking, wigging and flipping out I point you to THE SMALL PRINT at the bottom of this pic, and of several others in this set of pics. Take a deep breath, relax, it will all be good.

602663_10151218808762344_1968416423_n.jpg

Seriously.

It's happened for over 5-6 years on this site. Prototype shown, panic, production piece shown, cheers 95% of the time :D

Well Tommy, despite what mikericm might suggest, I am seriously not trolling you. Nor am I trying to sway your opinion, I mean...why would I? It would be impossible. Your opinion is your opinion and I respect that.

I am glad that folks here like the figure, but it's just not for me I am afraid. And one of the reasons for this is the headsculpt. It's certainly clear that it's meant to be RDJ, and there is a fair amount of him in there, but it is just 'off' enough for me to not want it...thinking that I would save my funds for the gold-on-red suit, if I bought any IM3 figures at all.

I think you may be slightly off the mark on this occasion Mike, I think that most Freaks here can have differing opinions and can discuss them, without too much hystrionic HooHaa.

I've been off here and just checked in. I voiced my opinion LIKE EVERYONE ELSE and because I didn't think it was a great sculpt was called a troll more or less...Funny because I really don't give a **** about collecting these figures that much anymore and was just expressing my thoughts. I would have no reason to dislike Hot Toys as I think they have made some of the coolest figures ever...
Too bad this forum can't be more mature than to discuss things rather than call names, oh but wait it is an action figure board. Don't even give a crap anyways. I'm pretty much not going to post anymore because it really is pointless.

All 7 Hall of Armours + All 7 Marks + MMS 191 = Bankruptcy. :gah:

seriously.

the initial cost of them isn't too bad if you can afford to collect as they come out, but its when you get backlogged and the aftermarket prices get involved that it becomes practically not worth it anymore.

Why is anybody suprised it doesn't look like rdj?have ht nailed his likeness yet?imo they have not come close.yea they resemble him a bit but there are sculptors out there that can nail any likeness,why can't the biggest 1 6th scale company hire sombody that can?there should be no reason ht isn't putting out sculpts that look like a picture of the character,enterbay is doing it,why can't ht find a better sculptor than the ones they got?

I'm reserving any kind of judgement until in hand pics start floating in. Been collecting long enough to know better.

Hopefully the licensers ***** slap hot toys and make them do it again. I hope they don't approve it, i really do. But apparently someone, somewhere liked and approved indie, so who knows.

I think this looks a great deal like Stark, that is just me.

I truly dont see how anyone can compare this to the Jones sculpt, but this sculpt will be revised anyways - so I'd save the hate for the final sculpt.

Listen to those who have quoted what I said I've got no problem if you think the sculpt is off, my problem isn't with you it's those who think it's so off they say it's the worst ever or that it doesn't look like RDJ at all

If you think it's not perfect then fair enough that's your opinion and I respect that but sorry those who say it looks nothing like him I just cant get my head around that kind of hyperbole

I can understand why it bugs you that people use these hyperboles,
but i think it's all just that, exaggeration.

Like me, the first time I saw the hs pics, my reaction was "Oh god that's awful :lol"
But i didn't really find the whole set ugly enough for me to not PO it the moment it went up for order.

Just a matter of what is being said not matching with real feelings.
(or perhaps they do.. :lol)

But this is the freaks board. We, well at least I, go here to see all opinions.
This forum would be too boring if everyone agreed. Let's just keep the insults to a bare minimum. :)

:peace:peace

Besides, I really think the hs will still improve from proto.
Just like what happened with the Mk4 Tony HS.

I can see a little of RDJ in the sculpt, but it could be a lot better, I'm sure it has already been posted but this pic shows how far off it is

View attachment 57135

:lol For me that shows how close it is. :D
perspectives :)

For everyone freaking, wigging and flipping out I point you to THE SMALL PRINT at the bottom of this pic, and of several others in this set of pics. Take a deep breath, relax, it will all be good.

Seriously.

:goodpost: :exactly:

Yeah, been anxiously waiting for SSC's price.
Their price is usually my benchmark for knowing if
I got a figure cheap or not.

Well, based on the prices at XL-shop.com, it should be @ $260-$280. If you compare all the prices they have to figures that SS has already put up for PO and realease, its between $10-30 more through sideshow than on their site. And they have the new stark listed for $251.

I know we're seeing price mark ups, but why $400-$450? Consider: DX Joker 2.0 comes in at under $300. It has an exclusive new body, 2 headsculpts (one of which has PERS), a Kato designed outfit, a plethora of accessories and hands, an entire diorama, including walls, table, chair...plus a light up DX base. Stark has a simple, circular platform that lights up, a variant of Dummy with a camera and a modified base with wheels, a table full of cool armor pieces, plus blueprints and a magazine, and a Tony Stark figure with an exclusive new body, a fairly simply costume and a new head (no PERS). So why wouldn't the price be comparable?

Why? Because if it's $280 I will do the jig. If it's more I am really for it and will not post how they are ripping collectors off. I was shocked to see Yoda for a $100. I bought two. One for me and the as a valentine gift.

Why? Because if it's $280 I will do the jig. If it's more I am really for it and will not post how they are ripping collectors off. I was shocked to see Yoda for a $100. I bought two. One for me and the as a valentine gift.

That does not answer my question: why would the price not be comparable? :huh

The fact that Yoda is $100 just goes to show that you can get a ton of stuff and not have to pay an arm and a leg. I just feel irritated by obvious price gouging, like the Hall of Armor...and so I don't buy it.

Last edited:
Back