Hot Toys - MMS 191 - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone see these on eBay? Anyone know the story?
40A40240-0FA7-4258-ACE2-FC3075F17899-2556-00000148FC6D2B0F_zps487622c5.jpg

Is this a recast of this im3 Stark head? I've never seen these before. Just search "1:6 Stark Head." I looks great and they are super cheap.

40A40240-0FA7-4258-ACE2-FC3075F17899-2556-00000148FC6D2B0F_zps487622c5.jpg

Is this a recast of this im3 Stark head? I've never seen these before. Just search "1:6 Stark Head." I looks great and they are super cheap.

Check the pics in the VII thread mate. It does look good, you can see the inside of the head too, all ready for a tt peg/neck.
I've ordered one to check it out. Happy to post once it's on hand, so you can see.

It's a Headplay semi-resculpt of the MKIV/MKVI Tony head with a more "IM3" style of hair. Check the eyes out and the nose, and you will see what i mean.
It's a good headsculpt. And for the price, it won't be beaten till the Armour Test Tony is released.

That looks like a really nice sculpt. How's the quality compared to HT, though - paint, etc? Is the difference negligible?

It's a Headplay semi-resculpt of the MKIV/MKVI Tony head with a more "IM3" style of hair. Check the eyes out and the nose, and you will see what i mean.
It's a good headsculpt. And for the price, it won't be beaten till the Armour Test Tony is released.

I don't see much of the MK IV head in that sculpt. It doesn't have the length of that and it looks more detailed IMO.

I don't see much of the MK IV head in that sculpt. It doesn't have the length of that and it looks more detailed IMO.

For sure that's why i used the term resculpt.
There are too many details identical to the MKIV head. Hair has been changed, eye depth, texture and frown lines, but there are too many details alike for it to be a totally new head. The MKIV head was definitely the basis for it.

Untitled-1-2.jpg~original

I have to say I'm not all that keen on that sculpt. Doesn't look all that much like RDJ to me, especially compared to that other example.

For sure that's why i used the term resculpt.
There are too many details identical to the MKIV head. Hair has been changed, eye depth, texture and frown lines, but there are too many details alike for it to be a totally new head. The MKIV head was definitely the basis for it.

Untitled-1-2.jpg~original

That's a lot of work and arguably the best RDJ likeness I've seen. Whomever did it was tired of the not quite likenesses.

Back