Hot Toys MMS 145 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V 1/6 limited edition collectible specs + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This pricing argument came up many times and is mostly valid. Just not accepting it or ignoring it will not "will" it away. Most forget if HT only sold through TH retail in this volume then yes cost differences in R&D could be easily absorbed. But since this is going through networks of sales channels where everyone in between is making money of us including shipping companies then it's a different story. When production cost increases by $10 the going rate is that the retail price will go up by $40. This being a complete build ground up it will simply cost more. Also remember making new outfits has not significant setup cost. Reusing molds from existing parts e.g. Weapons etc omits that cost as well. Throwing in the light up base is cheapest way to add value and many demanded similar move for MvI. But what other accessory can there be that is cost effective. Nobody knows the true R&D and setup cost. Nobody knows the true number of units it can spread itself out across. But ignoring this simple fact and the cost of retail is I guess the luxury of the consumer.

Understandably it's a difficult discussion to have because we don't know all the details. We can only infer from whatever info we can scrounge from this forum and maybe the infrequent wholesale price leaks. As much as I wish they would, Hot Toys does not disclose their production numbers for each release.

Again, all the hubbub came from the original claim that the MKV would cost as much as the MarkVI, which is considerably pricier than the MarkIV.

this looks so bad ass.
love the suitcase.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/1GJ0E0bqCxs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/1GJ0E0bqCxs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Understandably it's a difficult discussion to have because we don't know all the details. We can only infer from whatever info we can scrounge from this forum and maybe the infrequent wholesale price leaks. As much as I wish they would, Hot Toys does not disclose their production numbers for each release.

Again, all the hubbub came from the original claim that the MKV would cost as much as the MarkVI, which is considerably pricier than the MarkIV.

Honestly. This hobby is bad. Worse hobby I ever had in terms of financial impact. But also the best hobby ever giving me the most enjoyment for the buck. I do choose to be ignorant about the price as I do not have the luxury of being choosy anyways. I am just glad I don't have to pay anymore than I have to going through Toys2 which is pretty good. I pride myself of seeing things from different POVs which sometimes is working against me in negotiating. Eric and I don't negotiate. He tells me how much and that's what I pay ;) but man do I need a better paying job

when does this go up for preorder i usually go threw alter ego but since its the holidays Im guessing it wont be up till next week. When will resident evil alice be up for preorder too.

Hope it's Mark 4 pricing. Seriously close to just saying ____ it to 1/6 and sticking exclusively to 1/5 and 1/4 statues.

This!! :exactly: As i said in the T800 (T-1) and Mk. IV thread, once these start hitting prices hitting $200 at retail, thats when you have to start feeling a little weary of spending that money. Once 1/6 figs are the almost the same price of an 1/4 statue, thats the breaking point i think for me.

Honestly. This hobby is bad. Worse hobby I ever had in terms of financial impact. But also the best hobby ever giving me the most enjoyment for the buck.

:exactly: There's nothing that can replicate the feeling of buying these figs, especially when they tap in to your childhood memories, especially with all the new licences announced next year (Indy, Batman 89':yess:) but damn these things are seriously plastic crack. All of us always gotta get our fix.

That being said Mk. V looks awesome, but that price better be around the Mk. IV because its so odd to me to see how fast these prices rise these days on the 2nd market, so it's kinda like "get it now, or you'll be screwed later on". And i'd hate to see how much it would cost on there.

I don't know if it's been said before, but I just noticed that it seems the MarkV lacks the waist articulation that is present on the MarkIV and VI.

i cant believe some of you are complaining about the price on this :cuckoo:

Even with $180 range I know I will buy it with no hesitation. I brought the point of pricing was simply IF people like me don't care about the price then HT will be able to set the price whatever they want. If money isn't ur problem then good for you.

if it was more than the Mark VI, then maybe you could have something to gripe about, but from what someone said they PO'd it for, its not. It comes with switch out bd parts and a detailed suit case, i dont know what some of you were expecting. Most ppl here are far from rich btw.

if it was more than the Mark VI, then maybe you could have something to gripe about, but from what someone said they PO'd it for, its not. It comes with switch out bd parts and a detailed suit case, i dont know what some of you were expecting. Most ppl here are far from rich btw.
It only comes with TWO switch-out parts, compared to about a dozen with the Mark VI. Plus, there is no licensed headsculpt with the Mark V. For those two reasons, this figure should be no less than $30 cheaper than the Mark VI.

I don't know if it's been said before, but I just noticed that it seems the MarkV lacks the waist articulation that is present on the MarkIV and VI.

it looks like its in 3 parts

mark5.jpg

the list price of the 6 is $210, so if the 5 is indeed $180, that is $30 less :nana:. If its $10 more, people are seriously going to complain that its $10 more than what they think it should be???

i cant believe some of you are complaining about the price on this :cuckoo:

We all have the choice to buy or not buy. And we all have our reasons. Crazy pricing on non-custom 1/6 stuff is going to become mine. That said, if it is only a 10$ increase from mark 4, that's not too bad.

It comes with a bd chest, arm, and hand. Light up stand (which adds costs) and then new different mold. Plus the fees for just having the license. My guess is around $200 from sideshow and I'm dumb enough to get two. :lol

Back