Hot Toys MMS 145 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V 1/6 limited edition collectible specs + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Iron Man Mark V

168083_478133842343_58690437343_6231751_7938610_n.jpg

163673_478134667343_58690437343_6231757_5427858_n.jpg

So very, very awesome. :drool

In order to be "movie accurate", this figure should have more battled damage "scars" on the armor... c'mon!!!!!
Just watch movie...
The battle damage on this figure reflects the first two hits Tony took from Whiplash and is in fact movie accurate. While he did take significantly more damage after that, the figure doesn't have to reflect ALL of the damage to be accurate.

so why the high price?

Well the answer probably is that its a one and done figure, whereas the Mark IV and the Mark VI both share a basic body that could be utilized twice with components swapped out to create each one. The Mark V doesn't have that possibility. I have a feeling had they not made the Mark IV that the Mark VI would be higher than it was. War Machine keeps costs low because everyone is assuming the reusage of the base body for a BD version.

I hate to see the price of the Marks for Iron Man 3 or even The Avengers.

I know that HT has done a wonderful job and I must say HT dominates this Niche market. And let be realistic and we are the one buying HT products make HT grows better.
That being said I just start feeling HT is taking advantage of this niche market and the leader in providing collectibles.

Another example is this figure. It shouldn't cost this much. And as much as I love and been waiting for this figure the suitcase won't make the set movie accurate. The light up stand as well. Instead HT can give Tony head.

The worst part is that I still want to buy this figure after all those flaws. I personally don't need Tony Head. Just need more battle damage parts.

This is maybe the best armor IMO.

Maybe we all should make petition so HT will be more considerate in setting price and giving up accessories? :)

Well the answer probably is that its a one and done figure, whereas the Mark IV and the Mark VI both share a basic body that could be utilized twice with components swapped out to create each one. The Mark V doesn't have that possibility. I have a feeling had they not made the Mark IV that the Mark VI would be higher than it was. War Machine keeps costs low because everyone is assuming the reusage of the base body for a BD version.

Bring it! I need me all the IMs I HT can pump out.

It's cancelled! It's cancelled! :panic: :panic: :panic: :lol

:monkey3

Looks great overall! I'm not a big fan of the battle damage look for the suits but this one looks great IMO. Screen accurate or not...still looks great and I would probably display him that way.

I'm going to wait for my IV to show up before I decide. That suit might just allow me to move on to other HT's licenses that they showed at the expo that I'm interested in.

Can't wait to see someone put a Tony together with the briefcase though! :yess:

They should have not bothered with the hall of armors stand seeing as it's a briefcase when he's not wearing it.

One could argue by including it they are giving long time collectors a chance to include it with older releases to mimic that design. May not use it for the Mark V but I can see people using it with their Mark II or II or even Mark I.

Can't wait to see someone put a Tony together with the briefcase though! :yess:

My Jericho Tony will inherit the briefcase. He already has the mini Pepper reactor anyway.

I understand that people are trying to save money. God knows Im not wealthy but people really need to get serious. There is a ton of work that goes into making these "toys". This figure has really nothing in common from any other figure. Its a total ground up figure. That is a very expensive to do and the price is going to reflect that. Its not like some of the others that are basically a head and some clothes. This total R&D from start to finish. If we want these complex, one off figures, we are going to have to pay the price. This hobby is just going to get more and more expensive. Get ready for it.

That would be my guess is the tooling on this being more different than the others. Plus it includes switch out parts as well that will add to it I'm sure.

I understand that people are trying to save money. God knows Im not wealthy but people really need to get serious. There is a ton of work that goes into making these "toys". This figure has really nothing in common from any other figure. Its a total ground up figure. That is a very expensive to do and the price is going to reflect that. Its not like some of the others that are basically a head and some clothes. This total R&D from start to finish. If we want these complex, one off figures, we are going to have to pay the price. This hobby is just going to get more and more expensive. Get ready for it.

Did you just get here from 2007? Everything you've said has been said countless times before. Doesn't make the price sting any less. And I'm sure that even after all the R&D and manufacturing costs are tallied, Hot Toys is still making a considerable profit margin on these. That being said, if it's true that the MKV will cost about the same as the MKIV instead of the MKVI (as OMG possibly mistakenly said), then that's not too bad.

This pricing argument came up many times and is mostly valid. Just not accepting it or ignoring it will not "will" it away. Most forget if HT only sold through TH retail in this volume then yes cost differences in R&D could be easily absorbed. But since this is going through networks of sales channels where everyone in between is making money of us including shipping companies then it's a different story. When production cost increases by $10 the going rate is that the retail price will go up by $40. This being a complete build ground up it will simply cost more. Also remember making new outfits has not significant setup cost. Reusing molds from existing parts e.g. Weapons etc omits that cost as well. Throwing in the light up base is cheapest way to add value and many demanded similar move for MvI. But what other accessory can there be that is cost effective. Nobody knows the true R&D and setup cost. Nobody knows the true number of units it can spread itself out across. But ignoring this simple fact and the cost of retail is I guess the luxury of the consumer.

Hope it's Mark 4 pricing. Seriously close to just saying ____ it to 1/6 and sticking exclusively to 1/5 and 1/4 statues.

Back