Hot Toys MMS 145 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V 1/6 limited edition collectible specs + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pics,Mk V so nice looking. So the MK VII repulsor hands fit the MK V?

They fit nicely. You'll just want to be sure to hold the wrist guard and black peg in place or the whole assembly is going to come out with it. Learned that the hard way last night but a dab of super glue made everything fine again. There's a small circular ridge on the wrist peg which prevents the wrist armor from falling off. I figured they would be removable just like the Mark VII but they aren't. And like cophoto stated, they are extremely floppy. Its just a poor design IMO. You can't really position either hand upside down (like a clenched fist ready to give an uppercut) without the wrist guard flopping down at a 90 degree angle. Weird.

Nice pics,Mk V so nice looking. So the MK VII repulsor hands fit the MK V?

They work very nicely.

IMG_4910.jpg

IMG_4912.jpg

They fit nicely. You'll just want to be sure to hold the wrist guard and black peg in place or the whole assembly is going to come out with it. Learned that the hard way last night but a dab of super glue made everything fine again. There's a small circular ridge on the wrist peg which prevents the wrist armor from falling off. I figured they would be removable just like the Mark VII but they aren't. And like cophoto stated, they are extremely floppy. Its just a poor design IMO. You can't really position either hand upside down (like a clenched fist ready to give an uppercut) without the wrist guard flopping down at a 90 degree angle. Weird.

Cool thanks for advise. I'll keep a eye out for it. MK V looks so much better with the repulsor blast pose.

I have yet to buy the Mark V but I've always wanted to recreate this scene using a Tony Stark kit bash with the armored hands and forearms going into the suitcase or even a Mark V torso, a Stark head sculpt with armor on just his hands, forearms and feet. Has anyone done this yet?

Last edited:
the plastic on this fig makes it look so cheap IMO

Fixed your post there.

I like the look of the armor myself, the Iron Man I and II suits are more iconic IMO. Sure the quality could have been better, but if they re-do it in diecast prepare for huge $$$.

Showing 40+ armors in a single movie makes them a bit generic to me, my fav suit in IM3 was the Mark VII lolz. Skipped it though and since it is now climbing in price I convinced myself the dislikes I have with it (neck, skinny elbows), do not justify the marked-up prices.

Soon I will have a WM with my Mark IV, SP and V. Besides the Mark VI I feel my collection is complete (and I can give them some breathing space).

Sounds great,
Have you got pics of your figures?
Are you going for the IM2 WM? Or the Milk one?

Finally got around to setting up all my Hot Toys. I was talking about the original release, it really is awesome. Got the repulsor hands from the Mark VII as well to complete the Mark V look.
I know people are going crazy over the Mark VII, but I find it hard to top the Mark IV, it really pops and a great suit if u stick with only a single Red/Gold armor.

Finally got around to setting up all my Hot Toys. I was talking about the original release, it really is awesome. Got the repulsor hands from the Mark VII as well to complete the Mark V look.
I know people are going crazy over the Mark VII, but I find it hard to top the Mark IV, it really pops and a great suit if u stick with only a single Red/Gold armor.

Great set up and :exactly::lecture

That's a brilliant display you have there Egel!
You have a lot of really nice figures.
I like your cabinet too.
MKIV and MKV are the classic designs.
Good choice.

If anyone's in the Winnipeg area, Dark Side Collectibles is selling a Mark V figure. I'm can't remember how much it was, though.

Fixed your post there.

I like the look of the armor myself, the Iron Man I and II suits are more iconic IMO. Sure the quality could have been better, but if they re-do it in diecast prepare for huge $$$.

Showing 40+ armors in a single movie makes them a bit generic to me, my fav suit in IM3 was the Mark VII lolz. Skipped it though and since it is now climbing in price I convinced myself the dislikes I have with it (neck, skinny elbows), do not justify the marked-up prices.

Soon I will have a WM with my Mark IV, SP and V. Besides the Mark VI I feel my collection is complete (and I can give them some breathing space).

It's selling for HUGE $$$ now, I would welcome a die-cast version or version 2.0 that made the grey part silver so I can add it to my collection.

anyone know how to take out the battery out of the arms? I can't seem to open the battery covers?

anyone know how to take out the battery out of the arms? I can't seem to open the battery covers?

Unscrew the screw and use a small flat head screw driver and gently pry it out? I don't recall having trouble with it.

I re-posed mine recently. Still my favorite armor, and still the only Iron man I own.

3haqCeJ.jpg

Waiting to see if the Iron Man 3 "Bones" armor gets a figure or not.

i really need to pick this up! i had a deal with a board member here for one, he quoted me the price and shipping to australia so worked out $280 shipped. i confirmed and re confirmed the price with him including postage with tracking and he was the one that gave me the $280 ($250+$30 for postage) so paid him the money, he took it out of paypal and said it would be posted, then he found out the postage would cost him way more then the $30 so he mucked me around and said he would post it without the tracking, i said that wasnt in the deal he said tracking number etc. then he just refunded me my money and bailed on the deal! so have to wait 6-8 days for it to be refunded by Paypal back to my Credit Card, then another 3 business days for it to go to my CC since i paid in USD and im in australia, not to mention the international transaction fees i had to pay. Just :mad: that someone can just change there mind after you pay them and they take your money because of there error.

anyway! still need to get this bad *** figure :D

i really need to pick this up! i had a deal with a board member here for one, he quoted me the price and shipping to australia so worked out $280 shipped. i confirmed and re confirmed the price with him including postage with tracking and he was the one that gave me the $280 ($250+$30 for postage) so paid him the money, he took it out of paypal and said it would be posted, then he found out the postage would cost him way more then the $30 so he mucked me around and said he would post it without the tracking, i said that wasnt in the deal he said tracking number etc. then he just refunded me my money and bailed on the deal! so have to wait 6-8 days for it to be refunded by Paypal back to my Credit Card, then another 3 business days for it to go to my CC since i paid in USD and im in australia, not to mention the international transaction fees i had to pay. Just :mad: that someone can just change there mind after you pay them and they take your money because of there error.

anyway! still need to get this bad *** figure :D

Sorry you got screwed; i passed this for 250 a while back (4months ago), kicked myself ever since then
I think there is a list on the commerce page that you can add his name on; "bad people to deal with"; so others don't get screwed ;)

Sorry you got screwed; i passed this for 250 a while back (4months ago), kicked myself ever since then
I think there is a list on the commerce page that you can add his name on; "bad people to deal with"; so others don't get screwed ;)

id feel bad doing that tho. ill just suck it up, he did give me full refund etc so didnt scam me, just stuffed me around etc and left me alittle out of pocket.

but i would still really love this piece in my collection one day! looking at the photos in this thread just make me want one even more. getting into the Hot Toys game late and been a big iron man fan really hurts the wallet, managed to get MK 1 2 4 7 tho so 4 from 7 isnt bad

I passed on this figure about a year ago for $200 and kicked myself afterwards. But was lucky enough to get it recently for $220 shipped. But it's typically going for more along the lines of $275-300 now.

Someone has one for sale on the For Sale forum here for $300 shipped, i believe.

Back