Hot Toys: MMS 139 Resident Evil: Afterlife: 1/6th scale Alice Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something doesn't seem right. It's sooo close, though.

88706d1306121471-hot-toys-resident-evil-afterlife-1-6th-scale-alice-collectible-figure-resident-evil-real-life-vs-ht.jpg

Is this really it?:(
Dont get me wrong guys I am a huge Alice and HT fan, I don't want to bash this figure and would love to get it, but the likeness looks horrible to my eyes.:horror
Is something wrong with me? I just really don't see Mila there. Looks like a cheap toy to me.:(

The eyes and nose seem off. A bit too close together and stretched IMO. It's so close that it works at some angles and not at others.

I think in the zoomed out pictures (full body shots), the likliness seems off, but in the close up face shots they look good. So in conclusion - the sculpt is not to bad, but if her head is slightly tilted downward, her eyes look to slanted and the glare is too intense, while as if you look at her face closeup she almost looks as if she is sporting a small smile.

Those who know my posts should know that I havent critisized any toy ever so far in all honesty.

But this looks plain horrible to me. When I first saw it I though it was some 10$ version of Alice from another company.:panic:

Wait, maybe HT hasnt really released that many female characters and they are just not that good at recreating females due to lack of experience and I am just having wrong expectations? Can anyone correct me.

P.S. I am writing so much because I really wanted to get this figure, but I am not sure anymore.:(

I agree with all the sentiments here. The sculpt does indeed look weird in the wide shots but perfection in close up shots.

I have a theory here. Maybe those wide shots where taken much earlier, like maybe before the HS was modified?

The CU shots were taken more recently, after it was approved but HT just didn't want to waste time to redo them all again.

Regardless I am excited. If it looks good close up I am not worried anymore.

This will be my first HT female figure.

I saw on some other thread that figure looks like a tranny! Kinda mean... I think it's perfect.

I want it... but somehow the head sculpt just looks bit off to me... not sure what it is, maybe the eyes?

*bites lip* can't make up my mind...

Seriously,Song Hye Hyun is really starting to impress the hell out of me.First the 2 Platoon figures,then Sweeney Todd and now this.This sculptor has really nailed the likeness on all her 4 first figures.

It's amazing though that with the 2 hairstyle, even tho the hair is almost identical, I like the one that's parted more towards the ear. It seems to look more identical to milla. Maybe cause that's how I seem to remember her in the movie. Anyway, I like that hairstyle better on her.
Beautiful sculpt, another must have for me. :)

I'm getting a bit of a trans-gender vibe from this figure that's not attractive. Maybe its the red lipstick and blush on the high cheekbones. I dunno. Kinda like a man in drag halloween costume fig. Passing on this.

All the more for the rest of us. I always find it amazing that people will be so quick to judge based on a few subpar proto pics. I mean HT track record should more than speak for itself by now. Everything looks so much better in person.

The sculpt isn't quite there, but I'll withhold the harsher critique until we have more photos. Also, is it my imagination or is her head too small for her body?

227321_10150187492472344_58690437343_7226607_2531759_n.jpg

Don't care about Alice. Call me when they make Apocalypse Jill.

Back