Hot Toys - MMS 118 Inglourious Basterds - Aldo Raine Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, guys.

Whoa!!!! What an awesome dio, Plasmid!!!! :bow :bow :bow
Did you make it yourself or did you buy it somewhere?

The background is from Triad, with some added paint effects from me because I thought it looked a bit too flat on its own. The Nazi on the ground I did myself, scalped head and all.

Again, thanks for the compliments, everyone.

How did you scalp the head?

Also what did you use for blood? Paint type? Brand?

I might steal your idea!

How did you scalp the head?

Also what did you use for blood? Paint type? Brand?

I might steal your idea!

I used the head sculpt that comes with the Narrow True-Type body, which I seem to have a million of and have no other uses for. I carved a recess out of the head, sanded the area down and then dry brushed some small spots and streaks using black paint (to simulate those really dark spots on a scalped head) before painting the entire area over with Testors red enamel. Lastly, added a layer of gloss coat.

Hope that helps. Considering my severely limited artistic/painting skills, I'm sure it should be easy for others. :lol

Got Aldo in yesterday... awesome figure :rock

Love how detailed the he is and the likeness and paint work is top notch. Expression still could be a bit more expressive; but still works very well with the character and figure.

Damn I want mine already, does anyone know if sideshow got theirs yet? I ordered from Cornerstorecomics and i know they normally ship after sideshow.

Just picked this guy up, here's a pic with his shelf mate!

IMG_1842.jpg

Took these shots awhile ago now, guess i will post.

This sculpt is one of Hot Toys best for sure, i didn't bother removing the undershirt, i find it makes his head look huge compared to the body and shoulders look baggy after doing such.

ng90zr.jpg

m94rno.jpg

2a0f8ds.jpg

t9bp5y.jpg

Back