Hot Toys - MMS 118 Inglourious Basterds - Aldo Raine Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm starting to wonder if there ever was a second headsculpt. The image above looks like the hair just doesn't have the 'loose' hair attached, which is a seperate piece as can be seen in the close up that 'dieguito_89' posted. The lack of definition in the face wrinkles could be accounted for by the drop in detail lost in the mould. As well as the rather flat lighting.

I'm starting to believe this too. The more I look at it the more it looks like there never was any other headsculpt. Which is cool cause that means that these pics just suck and in hand he could be much much better.

I'm still pumped for him.

jeezus what an epic fail of a figure.
I'll gladly take this atrocity off anybody's hands for 1/2 retail .. :monkey1

The headsculpt:

ht-raine-head-g.jpg

ht-raine-head-1.jpg

Frankly I prefer the other headsculpt

This looks great to me, considering the details are still flushed out by light in this pic.

I mean look how much praise Blade got and he is still not as good of a sculpt compared to Aldo IMO.

Blade_07.jpg

To me its not the sculpt that is the issue, but the expression.

Imagine if Blade had that same sad expression that Aldo has. I can't have Aldo scalping the Nazi with it just like I couldn't have Blade killing vampires with it. :lol

Oh well. Leonidas didn't disappoint :rock :rock

I look at this sculpt and see him yelling orders at his men or what his face looks like between yelling out at them, i still think it works with how the eyebrows are set.

looks like it doesn't have inglourious basterds on the rifle like it did on the prototype

EDIT: yes it has :)

5ccbaa.jpg

Last edited:
doesnt really look sad to me either unless I put that in my own head that he looks sad. Looks pretty neutral IMO.

Looks attentive as if he's listening to somebody talk or something ...

I got it, I may still get this after all, but I will wait and get it cheaper, and I'll just use the hat to cover the hair, and are you ready for my solution to the mouth? I'm going to use the sandwhich from the Dr. House figure on ebay and put it in his mouth like hes eating and watching Donnie beat that guy's head in. That will take care of the two things I dislike about this figure.

Actually i think the sculpt looks very much like pitt from the nose down (jaw is spot on, doesn't look like he's eating :p), the eyes and the brows are the problems for me.

Thanks for the pics Fresh, the sculpt looks A LOT better outside the context of the unfutzed outfit in my opinion...

Thanks for the fresh pics, freshvein. In some it looks like he doesn't have any wrinkle lines on his forehead. You can clearly see them in your pics.

It;s funny how the first pics we see of these things are always shi... Maybe it's deliberate to heighten our appeal when we finally get it.

head looks better every pic. I want this more than any other HT right now but agree the film needs more figs... I;d like Shoshana before Landa but i;d like them both. that's about it. Of all the QT films though it's definitely the film that can handle a stand alone character though i guess.

Thanks for posting the pics. My preorder stands firm. Shouldnt Aldo be shipping soon?

Looks like HT didn't use the nicely combed hair sculpt after all. Thats ok, I like the one they used.

Last edited:
Still not liking it. Doesn't scream the character at all IMO.

Agreed. It definately looks like Brad Pitt and is a terriffic sculpt overall but it just doesn't look like Aldo (if that makes sense). Throughout the movie Aldo allways has this arrogant and smug look to him and I just don't see that with this otherwise excellent sculpt.

Back