Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
almost have this guy complete, still waiting for the grenade launcher to come in.
IMG_2225.jpg

Looking good.

I just received my T-800 today! I'm waiting for gatling/grenade/bag to come in!

I think I'll either go with Joker BR or Batman hands (cant find the Blade ones).

Thanks, wish this company would make the whole 1/6 endo in metal hmmm

I don't have black gloves, so gona call this one Mexican Stash not Cyberdyne :)
picture.php

Last edited:
Still a classic figure but Enterbay's new 1/4 version is beyond spectacular- time for HT to up the game with a BD version of theirs!!!

Enterbay's looks great, but to me this is better.

Same here.
Got mine standing on a T1 body and the overall form is just way better then on enterbay´s.
Something´s bothering me on the facial likeness, the jacket looks way too puffed and couldn´t they make the zipper a bit bigger?!
:cuckoo:
HT made THE T-800 for me...period

Same here.
Got mine standing on a T1 body and the overall form is just way better then on enterbay´s.
Something´s bothering me on the facial likeness, the jacket looks way too puffed and couldn´t they make the zipper a bit bigger?!
:cuckoo:
HT made THE T-800 for me...period

:hi5:

His hair just looks too fluffy to me and his head more round that i feel it should be.

I agree with this, though I think the face is better than HT and the sunglasses more accurate.

With all due respect, A-Dev...I don't think your right there, regarding the glasses.

Full frontal the face looks better, yeah...but not much and talking about 1/4 that's quite underwhelming.

The likeness is better with the glasses, but the glasses and that's where I think you're wrong (but that's only my opionion, alright?), are way, way too big and another thing that's bothering me are the elbow joints. In that sense I like HT's solution way better, even though the movement is a bit restricted.

But I take looks over functionality on these any day, since experience on those still makes MANY, if not almost all poses possible.

@Nova-Force:

Right about that too, Buddy. Cheers

With all due respect, A-Dev...I don't think your right there, regarding the glasses.

Full frontal the face looks better, yeah...but not much and talking about 1/4 that's quite underwhelming.

The likeness is better with the glasses, but the glasses and that's where I think you're wrong (but that's only my opionion, alright?), are way, way too big and another thing that's bothering me are the elbow joints. In that sense I like HT's solution way better, even though the movement is a bit restricted.

But I take looks over functionality on these any day, since experience on those still makes MANY, if not almost all poses possible.

@Nova-Force:

Right about that too, Buddy. Cheers

No worries Endo. :peace I'll look again at the sunglasses compared to the film but right now I think you may be so used to seeing the relatively smaller HT ones that you aren't remembering how big they are in the actual film. I was struck by how small the HT ones looked right from the start. But, feel free to still disagree I don't want to force you to my way of thinking.
About the elbow joint, yeah I think everyone prefers the way HT did it. That gap on the EB is too noticeable, I certainly won't be displaying him that way.

No worries Endo. :peace I'll look again at the sunglasses compared to the film but right now I think you may be so used to seeing the relatively smaller HT ones that you aren't remembering how big they are in the actual film. I was struck by how small the HT ones looked right from the start. But, feel free to still disagree I don't want to force you to my way of thinking.
About the elbow joint, yeah I think everyone prefers the way HT did it. That gap on the EB is too noticeable, I certainly won't be displaying him that way.

Thx, A-Dev
:)

That would be the case if I would only stare on my T-800 WITH glasses, but I have him standing with his cyberdyne gear, but...and that's the important part:I had the comparison from HT's to the real sunglasses, since I have ne movie poster hanging in my living room, right above my head. And because of that poster I saw that HT's sunglass as accurate as it gets and EB's do look like hippie glasses in black, regarding the size and the form of the singles glasses is another problem too.
The real ones are more flat, EB's are more rounded.

I won't display him, since 1/4 is way too big for me and I love HT's.
If I had to sell all figure, but one...I would keep him.
My absolute favorite.

As far as the elbows, i wish HT had done it like EB. For the die hards that want an endo arm reveal on display, sure HT looks better, but the majority who'll display him with the jacket on are limited in their poses, not to badly but enough that i feel function should have won over appearance with this figure.

As far as the elbows, i wish HT had done it like EB. For the die hards that want an endo arm reveal on display, sure HT looks better, but the majority who'll display him with the jacket on are limited in their poses, not to badly but enough that i feel function should have won over appearance with this figure.

Idk, man. I don't think that the figure would've gotten so good then, since what the T-800 from HT made so classy is...that it almost looks perfect.
And if they would've made such a visible joint, many people would've been as displeased with it, as they're with EB's now.
Maybe...MAYBE they could've made the default arms under the jacket with differend joints on the hand-side, know what I mean? And take known joints on the visible endo-arm.
But not more, I guess.
I think HT's T-800 is as perfect as it gets and EB's has way more flaws.

As much as people are impressed with the body design on the T-800, if the jacketed figure could more easily achieve poses like the shotgun on the shoulder, that would have balanced it out, and on a $150, jointed arms would have been forgiven. Of course it would mean no endo arm probably, but I think if people just got this figure without that, they might think the endo arm a cool, undone accessory, but not miss it much. The EB figure gets more heat for the joint because it's $400 and there's a $150, smaller figure that didn't have that. If HT had a jointed arm like that, then EB's would probably be given more forgiveness, but people are directly comparing EB and HT and it's a detail that favors HT for some folks. I think once they get the EB in hand and can pose it more than the HT, they'll probably appreciate it.

Back