Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok gang, let's all chill out. If people are dissatisfied with this figure, that is their right, if they wish to vocalize it, that is their right, no more of this, "we all agree so your nuts" stuff, just because a large number of people might be in agreement doesn't mean we're correct. No one's correct, the only thing right is what's right to you, and that's the only person it should matter to.

Sean's right, that head mod isn't working for me, but it don't mean I'm right. Reviewing a sculpt is seldom black and white, it' about appreciating all the tones of grey... and whichever way you cut it this figure has a lot to appreciate!

By using cutting edge quality imagery from T2, I think I have made an image that represents the look in the movie PERFECTLY.

loloilo.png

I,m sorry but I come back:D

4551755019_bf61c473e5_o.jpg

I repeat, I have not changed at any time the height of the hair. If that pic is for me you are totally wrong. ;)

Last edited:
By using cutting edge quality imagery from T2, I think I have made an image that represents the look in the movie PERFECTLY.

loloilo.png

Totally bro. I cant believe Hot Toys missed out on such an important detail. NECA's better. I'm so done with Hot Toys.

Thank guys, I also wanted to tell you that I will buy the figure for sure :joy. I'm not trying to bury, I just like to think these things when I can customize something to improve. I probably leave it as is and not touch anything ;)

Jeez all this pitchfork gang mentality leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Just because Restaurajones seems to have had ____ in his eyes when he posted his mod pics doesn't mean we have to turn nasty!
BTW the sculpt and general proportions are a little off with the figure (too bulky and he looks too young) but it is an absolutely top drawer figure and must buy all the same...

My opinion on any of the talking points this figure has raised:

Hair length: I used to think it was too short, kinda think it could be very minimally longer on the sides but Maulfan's picture with all the different screengrabs of Arnie's head demonstrated to me that in some scenes it did indeed look exactly like Hot Toys have made it - as though it was gelled down on the sides. The other company's figure depicts another accurate hair length from the film. So I'm happy to have both.

Proportions: With the clothes on yes he becomes bigger than he actually was in T2, overall though I think HT got the right balance. You don't want the underlying body to be too small either. All this needs is the jacket futzed and brought tighter, the collar brought in closer around the neck. I'm sure this will be possible. This in turn should get rid of the effect of his head seeming too small...which it does in some pics.

The face sculpt: I think its quite clear who it is, I don't buy the Willem Dafoe comparison but I think the face should be a bit longer between the eyes and the mouth. The details are right just not the measurement. The word 'scrunched' has been mentioned and I think in some shots with the sunglasses on, yeah things look a bit squashed when you compare it to a film still. This is a carry over from Dutch which Yulli might have used as referance. Obviously it doesn't compromise the likeness in any significant way though.

Legs too long?: Erm..I don't think so, I think if they were any shorter it could look wierd. Maybe they should be a bit beefier? If so that would be possible for us to do on our own.

Neck joint: I'd prefer if it were an all-in-one head/neck. I don't really see the benefits of the placement of the joint at the base of the skull where there is now a line visible. It detracts from the visual realism of the piece and for what? Is there a greater range of movement? Not that I've experienced or that i've found particularly useful even if there is. Does it look more natural when you turn the head? No. If anything it looks less so. So really it only counts where it concerns up/down movement. But I think side-to-side movement should have been the more important consideration and for me a normal ball-joint at the base of the neck (and thus an all-in-one head/neck) works best there. But anyway, I may have gone on a bit more about this than the other points but I don't think HT have committed some outrage here, I can deal with it, its fine.

I think hes laughing at your ridiculous mod.:horror
I think your comment is an good example of bad education and lack of respect. I don't see maturity in your words ;)

If you do not like the mod, you need not come to insult in this way the time spent on my research. What a great example of intolerance:rolleyes:

Restaur, while people can express their opinions with more tact, you make and image and post it here, it is naturally going to get feedback, maybe not the kind you hope for, but you should be prepared that something you might be very proud of may not be liked by people and they're going to vocalize.

Everyone else, again, if you don't care for something, you can still be respectful in expressing that.

quick unboxing.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/qc3Dd395rio&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/qc3Dd395rio&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Back