Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Preordered despite rampant and quasi-confirmed speculation on a DX version. Regarding that, does SS typically carry DX versions of HT figures? The only ones I've even seen were the Joker and Batman figures and I don't recall seeing them advertised on SS. Anyway, if the current T-800 looks as good in-hand, this is a phenomenal 1:6 piece.

SS did not distibute the DX versions of the Joker and Batman because they don't have the right too. DC Direct has the right to distribute them in the states, or you could order from an importer.

i am wondering if there is any chance SS might be inserting random chase pieces in their shipments, if you get my meaning? Like, say they have 1000 pieces, maybe 100 have the red eye sunglasses? That would be interesting, albeit frustrating. that is the only thing keeping me from cancelling my SS order and going with one of the other cheaper guys.

i am wondering if there is any chance SS might be inserting random chase pieces in their shipments, if you get my meaning? Like, say they have 1000 pieces, maybe 100 have the red eye sunglasses? That would be interesting, albeit frustrating. that is the only thing keeping me from cancelling my SS order and going with one of the other cheaper guys.

Go with the cheaper guys. There's no secret chase pieces.

That has never happened, either an item comes with an identified exclusive to Sideshow or it doesn't, there are no random throw ins. There's a slim chance they might put up an Ex. later, but I doubt it. If you really care about an extra item but want to order elsewhere, if you order somewhere without a cancellation fee, you can always drop it if Sideshow eventually puts up an Ex.

Looking at the pix again, i am pretty sure that chin is too T-1ish and head is bit small compared to body. That is the most annoying problem with HT figures.

Looking at the pix again, i am pretty sure that chin is too T-1ish and head is bit small compared to body. That is the most annoying problem with HT figures.

Yes, but check out the latest posts of the KOTCS Indy thread and you will see the opposite problem.

The head is probably in fine 1/6 scale and just the larger scale of the body making it look a little tiny.

I'm sure this body is probably constructed with the intent for T1 and other Arnold characters to go on it, so it'll be more generic. It might be bulkier than he was in T2, and not as thick as in T1, but it can work well enough for both, or a Conan or whatever Arnold figures they might want to make.

The head is probably in fine 1/6 scale and just the larger scale of the body making it look a little tiny.

I'm sure this body is probably constructed with the intent for T1 and other Arnold characters to go on it, so it'll be more generic. It might be bulkier than he was in T2, and not as thick as in T1, but it can work well enough for both, or a Conan or whatever Arnold figures they might want to make.

I can live with that, but remember how well proportioned was T-800 BD? In general HT are making smaller heads now.

Conan would be a tough one to have acceptable joints on. Who knows what this new Arnold body looks like naked - it could be horrific. As it is some people don't like the arms. And a Conan would require some pretty arnold-specific legs too.

Anyway, I've got my 2 T-800s ordered. I'll worry about how to afford them and everything else thats coming in '10 when I get to that bridge!

We all know one thing - that Desk Guy from Toyworld will be the first with in-hand pics! :rolleyes: I'm not jealous, I'm not.

The best bet for Conan would be to make a body like the 300 figure. And Flosi, it's not just the Pro body. Look at the comparison with ROTLA Indy. IMO sizing a head is not easy by a long shot when you already have to focus on getting all the proportions correct to create the likeness. The overall size of the head has been decided right from the get go, or it is too late to fix later.

The best bet for Conan would be to make a body like the 300 figure. And Flosi, it's not just the Pro body. Look at the comparison with ROTLA Indy. IMO sizing a head is not easy by a long shot when you already have to focus on getting all the proportions correct to create the likeness. The overall size of the head has been decided right from the get go, or it is too late to fix later.

Well, we'll see once it's in hand but you have to admit that even a head that's slightly too big will look ridiculous on a Pro body.

I am 100% sure that this figure in hand is going to be amazing!!! :chew just look at it!!! Its a piece of art imo

Back