Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ap_20100109010820121.jpg

He looks quite old in this picture:confused:. Some of the pics are hit or miss. This figures still looks awesome.

If a character like Two-Face fails there is no way (even with petition) they will ever make a young Connor.

I would say the same about Sarah Connor, if they actually make her, I expect her to be a peg warmer like Two-Face. So John isn't totally hopeless.

Was the DX clarified?

Looks great to me....yeah, same here: was DX actually confirmed?

DX is supposedly on the to do list according to magazing articles, but not 100% confirmed and the rumor is it would be the Battle Damaged figures.

Love these shots from Tommy's blog.

ap_20100109011544818.jpg

ap_20100109010738357.jpg

ap_20100109010749994.jpg

Though I think some of his recent looks weird pitting the figures against large scale items that lose the scale. His photos can look so realistic but having something like real chains in the backdrop and looking that huge just loses the ability to look like a real person.

If you do not give a sht about John Connor, look they have announced what figures they are making and you already got what you want. It doesn't make any sense for them to make every other character and still not complete the cast. They won't cancel one in favor of another, its already in the works. Theres nothing to lose so just vote for him anyway :lol How can you have T-1000 running with no one to chase?

Except that Hot Toys does that with almost every line they make - they never complete the cast. Where's our Commissioner Gordon? Obadiah Stane? TS Kyle Reese or Blair Williams?

Not sure how much of a long shot a young John Connor would be for Hot Toys to make but he is the whole point of the movie isn't he?
Why not make a John Connor and his motorcycle that might pull in more sales.

Wonder if his neck is PVC like the arms or rubber like his torso?

Also, thinking about it, that grey t-shirt looks like it will be bloody hard to get off the body.

Wonder if his neck is PVC like the arms or rubber like his torso?

Also, thinking about it, that grey t-shirt looks like it will be bloody hard to get off the body.

My guess is the torso of the upper body is wrapped over in rubber like Wolverine. Be nice if it was a loose neck you could pose more.

X-Men-Origins_Wolverine8.jpg

As for the shirt, yes, it does seem like you'd struggle to get it off, really has me thinking that's why they didn't do the black shirt, they probably decided it wouldn't be important enough to people that it'd be better to go with the grey one for the Endo arm reveal since swapping would be hard, but I'll either swap out for a black one or if it works to get two of these, I'll have one black one grey.

That's true, but mine is mainly gonna be posed with his jacket on so ideally i'd prefer a black shirt right outta the box. Not too much of an issue though, it still looks kick arse with the grey t-shirt.

Looking at tommy's photos, there's no bullet holes in the back of his jacket, which adds further to the necessity of the black t-shirt imo.

Oh and btw, how good does the rubber look on the wolverine body, in that shot you would have thought it was plastic! I hope it's the same for arnie.

I like the black shirt overall just for the look, I think it's cooler with an all black costume and black shades, has a Darth Vader vibe to the look, which is why whether I get one or two of this figure, I'm using the black shirt, got one all set for him.

Looks great either way, all black is great but the grey t-shirt adds a little contrast which is also cool.

Would it be possible to dye the grey t-shirt to get it black? Suppose we could always pick up a spare on e-bay

I would imagine dying it black would be easy, anytime I've worked with black on dying stuff it's taken almost too well sometimes.

Oh and btw, how good does the rubber look on the wolverine body, in that shot you would have thought it was plastic! I hope it's the same for arnie.

The Wolvie body looks awesome. The neck is extremely poseable. Actually I think it has almost as much range of motion as a real human neck does, maybe even just as much. HT matched the neck skin to the sculpt skin perfectly and it does look like skin. It's the best balance of articulation and aestetics ever.

Arnie will look great with the same system.

That's assuring, I'm stilling wating to get Wolvie to see how the body is, and I haven't really noticed any photos doing much with the neck.

The Wolvie body looks awesome. The neck is extremely poseable. Actually I think it has almost as much range of motion as a real human neck does, maybe even just as much. HT matched the neck skin to the sculpt skin perfectly and it does look like skin. It's the best balance of articulation and aestetics ever.

Arnie will look great with the same system.
Wow, it's really that poseable? Have the necks always been poseable on rubber bodies? HT are amazing with the things they do. I don't dig the likeness on that figure but everything else looks astounding. (trying to rub maulfans nose in it!)

Wow, it's really that poseable? Have the necks always been poseable on rubber bodies? HT are amazing with the things they do. I don't dig the likeness on that figure but everything else looks astounding. (trying to rub maulfans nose in it!)

It's not a traditional rubber body, that's the key, it's like a rubber skin over a traditional TT body.

Back