Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I think the DX is there to improve on figures that need improving. The V1 Joker came out and did not really satisfy, so Hot Toys went back to it because of the Movie's popularity.
The Dark Knight got put down for being fat and I'm sure Hot Toys wanted to have the best DK figure out there, so they went back and redone that figure too.

This figure looks amazing, why would Hot Toys need to bring a deluxe version out, when they could make a BD variant to go next to it.
Honestly people would get cold feet on V1's if Hot Toys kept improving them six months to a year later, especially if there is no need to improve the figure.

Yet, so far, that's exactly what the only two DXs offered have been.

And even thought it got scrapped as being a DX, it's what Iron Man was meant to be as well.

Like I said, I'm hopeful that HT will use this T2 line to wash that stigma from the line, 1, 2 figures, even 3 it can pass, but I'd imagine once you get around 5-6 times of doing it, people will start to get turned off to ever buying originals and things will get messy.

T2 is a perfect license to work with, all the reference has been available for a long time, plenty of time to plan out the line, no rushing for a film release, so they can figure out what would work well for a DX set or regular MMS and do it right. DX can be a very good thing if used to just offer some really above and beyond figures every now and then while still offering the more affordably priced ones as the more mass offered items.

This figure looks amazing, why would Hot Toys need to bring a deluxe version out, when they could make a BD variant to go next to it.

That's just it, I forsee the BD variant as the DX, but not just the final BD look, all the Cyberdyne weapons, extra heads. Pack the basics and clean head into this basic first figure, pack a boat load of stuff into one deluxe set for everything else. Two figures produced between this MMS and one DX that people can bash any number of variations from.

why would Hot Toys need to bring a deluxe version out, when they could make a BD variant to go next to it.

That's more or less how I feel about it.

I got no problem with a DX. I love what they've done so far. My problem comes from the "planned obsolescence" that comes when HT offers a figure knowing full well a much better version is coming fast behind. Maybe this was never the case, maybe they wanted to fix their Batman line, but the fact is -- especially with Joker -- they really milked that in a way that leaned into shady-ville.

If DX ultimately becomes just a "jammed packed best version" in a line, then I'm good with that as long as it doesn't remove the necessity of owning the V1. No more "improved rehashes"... otherwise ordering the V1 of anything from HT will become the planned obsolescence for me.

Yes, with Joker, other than the PERS, there was nothing about him they couldn't have pulled off better, most likely same with Batman. Of the 3 current DX/tentative DX figures, the only one that might have actually benefitted from continued growth and R&D was Iron Man, the original Mark 3 is a "marvel" of figure making, really impressive, and the BD looks further evolved, maybe they could have done it in the first place, who knows, but it's not as evident as with Joker.

The flaw in the TDK and Iron Man lines is that they're new, HT loves putting product out right around film release. The first Joker shipped shortly after TDK hit theaters, no one on the planet had seen the movie, and they were developing figures. You make things in the dark like that, once the movie's out, errors are bound to show.

Again, T2 is nearly 20 years old, no room for not knowing what's relevant to the film and what is relevant to which looks of each character, no reason to have rehash/fix it figures like TDK and Iron Man.

Well if a DX does come out.
People are going to have to get an Arnie body for both looks.

I have been looking around for a Batman body for when my DK DX arrives, and it's almost as expensive as buying a new DX figure.

That's why I'm probably going to order 2 of this T-800, I'll open one, and keep the second boxed so if the next set comes and I need this one for it, I'm already covered, worst case, i don't need it and I sell it, no big loss.

With this line, HT has already DX'd the Sideshow line... so HT, if you're listening, don't DX yourself. Focus on something else, like a Star Wars line. :) I'd love to DX my Maul, Bespin Han, etc...

this was just posted today - how can there be so many posts already? aren't people working today?

about the figure. two words - yes!

Re: Hot Toys- Terminator 2: Judgment Day:T800 full spec and pics

HT_T2_T800_PR02.jpg

A bit exaggerated, but just so BADASS!!!!

I just can't get over what these guys can do. It really is breathtaking. And to think some people think these are nothing but dolls.

ill p-order this but i hope they release info or something confirming a BD before i pay for it so i can cancel in time.

ill p-order this but i hope they release info or something confirming a BD before i pay for it so i can cancel in time.

Part of the problem is, they never do. That's the trick.

If they did, like SS does with variants like sandtroopers, then there would be no problem because you could just cancel the one you don't need.

I think I might be the only one, and I'm donning my flame suit, who thinks it doesn't look much like Arnie.

Back