Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fake snaps that'll fall off 1 week after owning it because of cheap glue :lol

One are HT often fails at, snaps and buttons on clothes, it's usually the cheapest part of their figures the first to break :lol

Every time a new figure is announced loads of people say they are waiting for the DX. :rolleyes:

Look it's not going to happen and you can quote me on that. The best you can hope for is BD Version. Hot Toys are well aware of the DX backlash of the last two figures. That's why Iron Man is BD version and not a DX.

Seeing as it an anniversary year, if a DX is announced it will be an improvement on one of their first releases. My guess is T1 or Rocky

PICT1683copy.jpg

PICT1685copy.jpg

PICT1686copy.jpg

PICT1687copy.jpg

PICT1690copy.jpg

Looks great. But I Will definitely wait until I see In hand pics before purchasing this one because I doubt The hair Will look as good.

Every time a new figure is announced loads of people say they are waiting for the DX. :rolleyes:

Look it's not going to happen and you can quote me on that. The best you can hope for is BD Version. Hot Toys are well aware of the DX backlash of the last two figures. That's why Iron Man is BD version and not a DX.
Seeing as it an anniversary year, if a DX is announced it will be an improvement on one of their first releases. My guess is T1 or Rocky

sorry you're wrong, they said it was taking them too long in R n D, and they wanted it out before the next movie and to dedicate more to the IM 2 figs. the BD Termie would have to include so much that yes it probably will be a DX, im quoting you're post in my inbox, for later use :lol

I want to believe you, because I WANT a T1 DX... but what makes you so sure?

T2 and Arnold seems ideal for DX treatment.

Let me start off by saying that I am a MASSIVE T1/T2 and Hot Toys fan, but IMHO, there is just something a little off with this Arnie head sculpt. I personally think that his eyes are a little too far apart and maybe a tiny bit too long, his face also look a tad squashed. And there is also something a little off with the sunglasses on. I don't mean to annoy anyone by nip-picking, but this is just my opinion on this figure.:monkey3 Other than that, I think he looks fantastic.

The only way I can see a T1 being a DX would be related to higher likeness rights compared to a T2 Arnold. Arnolds likeness comes with T2 whereas T1's doesn't. So it kinda would make sense if HT's only gave us one T1 and it releasing in DX form. Same with Kyle Reese.

Overall, imo, I don't think the "DX" label was well thought out on HT's part.

Check out the Howard Studios 1:1... that looks dead on for Arnold in T2. Going by that sculpt, I see what you're saying, Akuma... but given this head is about an inch tall, I'm cool with it.

DX will be better anyway. :D

Let me start off by saying that I am a MASSIVE T1/T2 and Hot Toys fan, but IMHO, there is just something a little off with this Arnie head sculpt. I personally think that his eyes are a little too far apart and maybe a tiny bit too long, his face also look a tad squashed. And there is also something a little off with the sunglasses on. I don't mean to annoy anyone by nip-picking, but this is just my opinion on this figure.:monkey3 Other than that, I think he looks fantastic.

Sober up and then repost your opinion. :D

j/k.

This is how a 12" figure is done Sideshow... SSC efforts were even good for the time... Having said that, I heart you SSC all the same!

I can't wait to get this figure...

Look it's not going to happen and you can quote me on that.

Problem is the assumption that DX only means better version of a previously released figure. I believe there'll be a DX in this line, but it will be a deluxe, above and beyond what an individual MMS figure would offer, figure like the BD set I suggested. I think they will use the extensiveness of the T2 gear and looks to offer us the first DX figure that is just an expansive set, not an improved rehash, but just a unique figure probably geared to the max.

Back