Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like things aren't connecting properly. Whats worked for me in the past which I heard about on here is to cut one or more pieces of a coke can small enough to wedge into the battery slot. This gets everything connecting properly. See if that works, just be careful not to slice yourself with the coke can.

Thanks buddy, where would be the best place to put the coke can slice, between the batteries, below them or on top?

cheers.

I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of how such things work but as a simple man I would guess it's the colouring transferring, not some sort of reaction dependent on the body. If you ran it through the wash I'm sure you'd see the colouring run through the water, it wouldn't require you to mix the body in with it too.

I have the same problem with my HT Col. Landa, with the black coat and hat staining the head and body. I put the coat back in the box a few months ago and I looked at it again just recently and it's made black marks on plastic in the box too. I'm sure with any of these problem items, you could just sit them on paper and you'd see the colour transfer eventually.

Never heard of it causing cracking or peeling. I would speculate that it's about as harmful as making a mark on the figure with a marker - that is, not harmful at all...

The colour of vinyl isn't water soluble like the dyes used in non-colourfast fabrics. Vnyl stains are generally caused by exposure to excessive heat or chemical instability. Washing doesn't solve the problem, but washing fabrics can remove excess dye. I haven't tried analyzing any of these compounds, but my chemistry background tells me that it's not something you want to see on a figure that's only a few months old. It's impossible to tell one way or the other without knowing all the specifics, though. Time will tell.

Some pics of my MMS 117. Love the Coomodel weapons and am glad I don't have a need for the DX. That money is going on Hulk.

t800002-1.jpg

t800007.jpg

Looks great!!! this figure stands the test of time for sure. While I don't need the new dx I will certainly get it thought, can't resist the t-800:)

Love the Coomodel weapons and am glad I don't have a need for the DX.
especially taking into consideration that HT gives it wrong machinegun and bag while coomodel made it right :)
p.s. you should take off the round metal stripe from it. the movie gun didn't have it. and i can give you an advice to put something heavy into the bag to make it hang heavily. it has a full ammo belt inside :)
& the grenade launcher looks up, not down.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

multiplepics_t2cyberdyne_01.jpg

Last edited:
especially taking into consideration that HT gives it wrong machinegun and bag while coomodel made it right :)
p.s. you should take off the round metal stripe from it. the movie gun didn't have it. and i can give you an advice to put something heavy into the bag to make it hang heavily. it has a full ammo belt inside :)
& the grenade launcher looks up, not down.

Also the rings are positioned wrong look at P.s third pic

Thanks for the info guys. I made several of the recommended changes to my set-up.:hi5::1-1:

tarnie007-1.jpg

I am getting a weird request from Hot Toys for a username and pass code when clicking into this thread. This has never happened before. Are any of you getting this too?

I am getting a weird request from Hot Toys for a username and pass code when clicking into this thread. This has never happened before. Are any of you getting this too?

No... until I tried to recreate it. If you click on the thread's title link or go to the first page... it does pop up. Creepy.

I know this has probably been beaten to death but looking through this entire thread would not be worth the time and my search skills aren't that good apparently.

But what black gloved hands has everyone used to hold the Coo Model minigun?

I'm searching all over ebay but don't really know if there are better ones out there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I know this has probably been beaten to death but looking through this entire thread would not be worth the time and my search skills aren't that good apparently.

But what black gloved hands has everyone used to hold the Coo Model minigun?

I'm searching all over ebay but don't really know if there are better ones out there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I used the TF Batman Begins hands for mine. The right pistol hand and the left hand designed fr holding the ski mask.

Back