Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a turn off for me aswell, granted not many would pose him shirtless but for those that want to keep there collectibles mint theres an issue, cause that staining means the item is now defective. If this were a 1:6 figure and you wanted to part out the body you would have to sell it for less than a non-stained body. It will likely be awhile before 1:4 scale parts become hot but when they do things like this will be frowned apon.

It's a big deal on a $400 figure, I think. It could be an indicator of major problems with deterioration down the track.

I don't know my chemistry well enough to have an opinion, but if it does point to potential deterioration down the track that's a worry.

Its a turn off for me aswell, granted not many would pose him shirtless but for those that want to keep there collectibles mint theres an issue, cause that staining means the item is now defective. If this were a 1:6 figure and you wanted to part out the body you would have to sell it for less than a non-stained body. It will likely be awhile before 1:4 scale parts become hot but when they do things like this will be frowned apon.

Depends if it's widespread. The EB Bruce Lee bodies were notorious for staining, yet the resale value on the figure sets was stratospheric until recasts bit into the resale value. If the staining isn't widespread then yeh, this will likely hurt the resale.

005.jpg

T1 observes the process with a very... strange expression.

7g1ogusm1aex.jpg

I don't know my chemistry well enough to have an opinion, but if it does point to potential deterioration down the track that's a worry.

Depends if it's widespread. The EB Bruce Lee bodies were notorious for staining, yet the resale value on the figure sets was stratospheric until recasts bit into the resale value. If the staining isn't widespread then yeh, this will likely hurt the resale.

The new Enterbay Elvis is already having problems with staining, too. :slap

Body3.jpg

Body1.jpg

That looks bad, I wonder if as soon as you get the figure if you washed the shirt in vinegar and water and let air dry, whether it would still stain?

I can't say for certain, but it looks to me as though it's caused by the vinyl reacting with the plastic/rubber body. It could also be an indication that something has gone wrong with the formulation of the vinyl used in the jacket.

My Enterbay Jack Bauer has staining like that. I'm just not fussed about it on a figure that will always be fully clothed. Should they do something to stop it if they can?, sure.

I think you'll change your tune when your figures start cracking and peeling. Enterbay is starting to remind me of Medicom.

I can't say for certain, but it looks to me as though it's caused by the vinyl reacting with the plastic/rubber body. It could also be an indication that something has gone wrong with the formulation of the vinyl used in the jacket.

I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of how such things work but as a simple man I would guess it's the colouring transferring, not some sort of reaction dependent on the body. If you ran it through the wash I'm sure you'd see the colouring run through the water, it wouldn't require you to mix the body in with it too.

I have the same problem with my HT Col. Landa, with the black coat and hat staining the head and body. I put the coat back in the box a few months ago and I looked at it again just recently and it's made black marks on plastic in the box too. I'm sure with any of these problem items, you could just sit them on paper and you'd see the colour transfer eventually.

I think you'll change your tune when your figures start cracking and peeling. Enterbay is starting to remind me of Medicom.

Never heard of it causing cracking or peeling. I would speculate that it's about as harmful as making a mark on the figure with a marker - that is, not harmful at all...

I don't think that the staining will cause any break down of the figure, if the rubber used has an issue it will break down on its own. That said the staining itself is an issue for me, I hate it. I have had a couple of figures have it and it annoys me, but others it will not bother. To me its a defect but it has been seen on alot of figures from alot of differant companys and is most commonly cause by black or dark blue fabrics. It stains both hard plastic and rubber bodys.

Has anyone ever changed the batteries for the HT T2 T800 Endo? I just bought new batteries today and put them in, but the eyes don't light up, then i noticed the batteries are a bit loose, has anyone come across this problem,if so how did you solve it?

Would love any help ppl could provide.
cheers.

Has anyone ever changed the batteries for the HT T2 T800 Endo? I just bought new batteries today and put them in, but the eyes don't light up, then i noticed the batteries are a bit loose, has anyone come across this problem,if so how did you solve it?

Would love any help ppl could provide.
cheers.

Sounds like things aren't connecting properly. Whats worked for me in the past which I heard about on here is to cut one or more pieces of a coke can small enough to wedge into the battery slot. This gets everything connecting properly. See if that works, just be careful not to slice yourself with the coke can.

Back