Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been choking on my rage almost all day now. Flipping DX10 and without any notice. I am very happy with my T800 and he has become one if not my favourite figure to date, but £100 is so much to me. Despite the huge love for mine I would have waited to save some money.

If I knew I could have gotten the "near complete" T2 T800 for £100 less. And I still need to get the cyberdyne gear which will cost and extra £65 ish.

Very rage indeed.

Now switch my focus from the weapons to a bike. Will try to pick up the weapons from the DX10 when parted out.

Rageeeeeee

$h!t yeah I forgot you had just gotten this one. Your frustration is understandable.

I have been choking on my rage almost all day now. Flipping DX10 and without any notice. I am very happy with my T800 and he has become one if not my favourite figure to date, but £100 is so much to me. Despite the huge love for mine I would have waited to save some money.

If I knew I could have gotten the "near complete" T2 T800 for £100 less. And I still need to get the cyberdyne gear which will cost and extra £65 ish.

Very rage indeed.

Now switch my focus from the weapons to a bike. Will try to pick up the weapons from the DX10 when parted out.

Rageeeeeee

Dont buy anymore hot toys like me. No figure is safe anymore from a remake or near copy, making the original lose most of its value back down to retail.

Very rage indeed.

Rageeeeeee

I understand and empathize with your frustration, but wouldn't "without any notice" pretty much always apply to the first announcement no matter what? Sure, they could have leaked that a new T-800 was coming 2 weeks ago, and it would have spared you, but without any warning of that announcement, someone else would be in the same exact position as you. I just don't see how HT could handle this without screwing over someone on the secondary market.

Sorry cloud warrior:1-1: Don't get to upset about this, the first release was and still is an awesome figure no matter what. This release is great news for alot of people who missed out the first time and I will still get this even though I have the first one. I know it sucks to save up to get a figure you want so bad and buy it, only to have a new version come out for less a month later:monkey2 This will at least spark some other terminator releases that are over due, this line was starting to look dead:)

There's two ways to look at this. A company that continually improves its existing products to try to pursue perfection, or a company that milks licenses with shady minor variants with no regard to collector value.

Maybe what we're getting is a figure for each stage of the movie, next will be a third battle damage face and chest, and then a forth that is missing part of his face (half endo) and arm.

A young John Conner would be a nice finish to the T2 Line.

Dont buy anymore hot toys like me. No figure is safe anymore from a remake or near copy, making the original lose most of its value back down to retail.

That only applies to people that buy with the intent to resale in the future. I could care less what my figures are worth.

Don't get me wrong, I am totally OK for re releases / slight updates on figures. Its just the timing and no teaser like the majority of other HT's that has got me.

More of a rage at my ever growing bad luck. I got a T2 which IMO is the better of the two and I am ecstatic about him, just the extra money I have spent. £100 for the Uncle Bob and then an extra £65 ish to get the weapons.

I am still raging a bit but its going away ....
I could of gotten some real good parts for that money ....grrrr

hehe

6902894048_96b6897e10_c.jpg

7048985555_d0b1c6d323_c.jpg

7048985821_1a02bc95f5_c.jpg

Does anyone have a bandolier or know of one that I can buy that will work with my Cyberdyne bash? Im not getting the DX10 and I want something to use until that figure becomes parted out.

Back