Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The clothing fits him like a glove, probably the best looking figure/clothing combo in a long while. Just be careful with him---he's not a REAL robot!!!

do you think this issue with the lapels will be fixed in the second wave that's suppose to be released in the Fall batch? I really like this figure because the NECA one I have has some paint problems and the shotgun already broke so I want to see if this would be a better piece to have.

The clothing fits him like a glove, probably the best looking figure/clothing combo in a long while. Just be careful with him---he's not a REAL robot!!!

is changing him from the default grey shirt to the black an issue, I mean with removing the jacket and possibly causing the lapels to loosen while removing it?

Dont' think they would, all it is is a piece of flimsy metal (if that) glued onto the jacket. It could easily be repaired with a tiny bit of sup glue if I knew where it was. I just got one that wasn't on there securely. Keep in mind that it is a really small piece so there isn't much room for improvement. The figure really is beautiful so when something like this happens it doesn't feel good.

As for the NECA---it's time to graduate and move on to bigger and better things!

is changing him from the default grey shirt to the black an issue, I mean with removing the jacket and possibly causing the lapels to loosen while removing it?

If you've owned a HT that could be changed around you've dealt with 90% of it. I didn't have to remove the head when I did mine. Just be careful to rotate the arms straight up so the shirt can come off easier. As for the jacket its best to place the arms straight and behind him like when the fuzz puts the cuffs on you. When doing any of this you should definitely do both sides at the same time little by little.

would super glue be the best, I one time used that to glue a broken piece for another figure and it ended leaving a murky whitish blot on that area and ruined it pretty well. that's why I was wondering if fabric glue from craft and hobby stores might work better because they dry clear.

I like NECA figures and think they are great sculpts and prices but the paint issue and broken accessory has finally gotten to me I think.

If you've owned a HT that could be changed around you've dealt with 90% of it. I didn't have to remove the head when I did mine. Just be careful to rotate the arms straight up so the shirt can come off easier. As for the jacket its best to place the arms straight and behind him like when the fuzz puts the cuffs on you. When doing any of this you should definitely do both sides at the same time little by little.

that's great advice, thanks zidane. I also hope there are no problems with putting on the sunglasses, but like others said before it really shouldn't be an issue.

I rarely have any issues with my figures so I can't vouch for one glue over the other. The few times I've needed to repair something I've used run of the mill superglue (not krazy glue). Its a matter of how you apply it. No need to drown it in glue, its not your mom's vase. Just a pinch in the middle of the damage and not the edges will work fine. I don't use it on any of my Bats because I don't have any damage on them but more importantly I don't know how the rubber would react. For fabric there's fabric glue of course but I don't think any of these figures need actual fabric glue. Run a search on the home page for the best glue for repairs and see what they say.

I'd use sup glue applied with a needle tip for the loose rivet, that how little would be required

Last edited:
The one problem I have with him is he comes with a little ass rifle and a pistol. He is the friggin Terminator, give him some firepower. This is the reason I ordered a 1/6 minigun form Ebay so he will look better next to Sarah Connor with all her weapons.
Also, doesn't it come with extra hand pegs like most Hot Toys now?

The one problem I have with him is he comes with a little ass rifle and a pistol. He is the friggin Terminator, give him some firepower. This is the reason I ordered a 1/6 minigun form Ebay so he will look better next to Sarah Connor with all her weapons.
Also, doesn't it come with extra hand pegs like most Hot Toys now?

I saw the movie again yesterday and for the fist half of the movie(which he's based on) he didn't really have anything other than the shotgun and I too thought it looked kind of small but after watching it I think its pretty screen accurate, in his hands the shotgun did look small. Luckily they gave us the grey shirt and the handgun which he has after the Pescadero scene.

If anything, the one accessory he could've come with was the bike. Should've been a SSC EX at least.

so whats the overall rating of this figure?
whats its pro's and con's?

Its an absolute must-own figure for any Terminator fan and a must-own figure for any movie fan who likes to represent great films in his collection.

It has some cons, most fixable, some not.

-hes overall too bulky for T2 Arnold (would have been a hard balancing act, to get the body a suitable Arnold size and then having 1/6th clothes over that - they got it close enough though)

-his legs are a bit long (I rectified this by bulking up his thighs using the extra thigh parts from the advanced True-Types, it means you can't pull the trousers up as far thus lowering the crotch level and making his legs look shorter)

-the endo forearm is too long, overscale (I presume they were trying to be consistent with the existing endoskeleton figure but the endo parts really ought to be smaller to look like they could really fit inside the human parts of the figure)

-Finally the face is too short, kind of squashed in the middle which meant that the sunglasses had to be made the wrong size and shape. There should be more distance between his eyes and his mouth, and that way the sunglasses could have been bigger and more accurate.

However, these things don't harm the coolness of the figure nor does the short face stop it from looking like Arnie. The features are unmistakeable and it also has fantastic realistic details like veins in the temples, realistic skin tone etc. The clothes are awesome and you have enough to create any look from the film up to the endo-arm reveal scene in Dysons house.

Last edited:
I think I will pick this up now, if it doesn't work out I could always put it back on Ebay when the prices are still pretty good. thanks everyone for the advice and suggestions.

ouch, Hot Toys should replace that if they are able to. that's really a shame, sorry to see that zidane Biest

I'm just curious to know will the value of this piece continue to increase in value as time goes on, seeing some of the issues with displaying him I was wondering if better off just keeping it sealed in original packaging?

Back